• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Aug Hunting Guide (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
Ok so I just looked at my augs and realized I really haven't played EQ for real since like House of Thule, and my gear has been updated to TBM but my augs are still HoT lol. Anyone have an up to date Aug hunting guide for a Monk and/or Cleric? I'm looking for mainly AC.

Noob,
First grab the charm aug from the anni mission if its still running.

All except the last four can be camped afk.

Then run through the 7 or so ac augs in TBM

Arghin Hiz
Flame licked geode- magma behemoth

If you have TDS prog done...
Arx has 2 great augs.
Runic?
Dancing rune

Combine Dredge
Fragment of tenacity? 52 ac aug

Brothers island has a 50ac aug

After that I usually take my toon to some of the RoF 40 ac augs that I can afk.

Grelleth
Stone of dark sorcery

HoF
2 of them
multifaceted gem of cowardice (this one is a long camp...)
and the one of the harbinger of fear.

Chlesith
Spellstone of the mistress

Xorbb
Sights Unseen 39 ac

NON-AFK
Breeding grounds- this camp is a pain in the but afk because of fear.
Velishan aug
eye of gosik-same camp no ac but +8 heal +8 spell

Arghin Hiz
There is another great ac aug in Arghin Hiz but its a tough fight to box.

Caverns TDS
Sirens stone 40 ac aug

T2 ~40 ac aug off the TDS teir 2 merchant.

EQResources is set up so you can sort through augments fairly well, using expansions from HoT to present. (Not to say toot's list isn't great, just tossing the info out there)

Personally on my cleric I put +heal first, then +HWis. Most of his stuff comes with decent AC but, if the cleric is tanking.... someone didn't get healed enough!

EQResources is set up so you can sort through augments fairly well, using expansions from HoT to present. (Not to say toot's list isn't great, just tossing the info out there)

Personally on my cleric I put +heal first, then +HWis. Most of his stuff comes with decent AC but, if the cleric is tanking.... someone didn't get healed enough!

Sometimes healing enough means healing earlier than you want to, and living through an early couple hits of agro can make a huge difference.

Do Clerics really run out of mana mid fight these days? I always AC aug'd my raid cleric.

Love the suggestions, though. Thanks!

if the cleric is getting hit, some tank aint doing his job right! Though yes, clerics sometimes have to handle a few hits... the AC boost in my opinion doesn't offset the healing boost. But each to their own =)

And yes there are times clerics can run out of mana raiding now a days, but I am more for landing bigger heals then if I am going to run out of mana. Instead of needing back up healing on X tank, let the class who specializes in heal do its job that much better!

But.. as I said.. finding +heal augs with AC aint hard if thats what you want.. I just put more weight on adding to heals. Same as with my DD casters I shoot for +spell damage. If they are tanking.. again someone aint doing their job right! Though , with the shaman AE healing waves... spreading out healing aggro... usually helps the clerics a lot

I think it really depends on the cleric, personally, I like my cleric to absorb as much damage and be as tanky as possible. With all my AAs I never have an issue with healing enough or any kind of mana issues. Using AutoCleric and having him pop tons of AAs, sometimes grabbing aggro from my tank merc, I have to have the AC. Now if I had a Real Tank, it really wouldn't matter either way hehe.

I think it really depends on the cleric, personally, I like my cleric to absorb as much damage and be as tanky as possible. With all my AAs I never have an issue with healing enough or any kind of mana issues. Using AutoCleric and having him pop tons of AAs, sometimes grabbing aggro from my tank merc, I have to have the AC. Now if I had a Real Tank, it really wouldn't matter either way hehe.

My suggestion for you would be Gain your AC based off of your Gear - Get the Dex / Agility Gear with highest Wisdom and intel gains on them , with most HP and Mana To give your cleric the best Value for your buck , Because in TBM you can give yourself Mana from the heroic Wisdom augs , SO your Gain will be huge from mana there Get your Augs from vendor's based off of AC and HP to give you maximum Gain , Also , Remember heal amount for Healing % increase . then Focus your augs for slot 4/7 accordingly

I'm not sure if anyone previously stated this, but go to Dragonscale hills and hail the gnome up on the hill behind the fairy tower. Get the quests from him and do the Parts is Parts quest, twice. They net some really good augs one is 38ac + heroic stats ... and the other is 32 ac... But the mobs are hard for a returning player who left around HoT, So you might need help with them. Good luck!

Request - Aug Hunting Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back