• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Rank II no longer works if you go FTP?? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,107¢
I have 3 toons that I got maxed out with levels, AA, and Rk. II spells. I'm noticing that even with the Rank II spells in the books, the buffs are only Rank I. For example, the 105 enchanter has Voice of Precognition Rk. II in the spell book, but when he goes FTP it is only buffing with "Voice of Precognition" not "Voice of Precognition Rk. II". Anyone else seeing this? Some of the bots I use are having trouble casting and casting the same spells because they expect Rk. II to land.

yeah, F2P can't scribe rank 2 but if they have the RK. 2 they will cast the rank 1 version instead.

https://www.everquest.com/faq

Spell/Skill Tiers: When downgrading membership, any Rank 2 or Rank 3 spell will stay in your book. When you cast these Rank 2 or Rank 3 spells, they will cast as the Rank 1 version. In any content where there are no spell ranks, you will be able to continue to use those spells as normal.

You can use station cash and unlock the rk2 stuff though. But it's only for one character. I think it's like 500 SC. But once unlocked, it stays unlocked and you can also scribe/use the rk3 spells.

You can use station cash and unlock the rk2 stuff though. But it's only for one character. I think it's like 500 SC. But once unlocked, it stays unlocked and you can also scribe/use the rk3 spells.

Does this bring that char to Silver status? What item would 1 buy from DayBreak for this?

THanks

Noob Nydus

Also they filter the marketplace (cannot unfilter) so you cannot SEE the option to buy the rank II addon unless you are FTP so you cannot get a 10% discount!

as I recall silver is not Rank II anymore, all my accounts that are not gold are silver... and even when rank II is memmed it casts the rank I spell

It is incredibly lame, but yes. Rank 2 is now a gold feature.. Just another way for DBG to make you purchase those krono / memberships. However, if your computer is decent, barring any patches, power outages, or things like that... You can get free gold days, just keep your account logged into the character select screen for as long as you can. Say you keep it on for a week before they bring the server down for a patch, you get a free week of gold.

Question - Rank II no longer works if you go FTP??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back