• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Guide - Character Transfer - Server and Account (1 Viewer)

HouseOfX

RedCents
490¢
As this topic certainly comes up often, a central repository for information would be helpful (WORK in PROGRESS)...First one key bit of information!

DO NOT PURCHASE A CHARACTER TRANSFER TOKEN WHEN MOVING CHARACTERS TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT!!!!

Let's begin with the official Daybreak policy (03/31/16 time stamp on their site)

"EVERQUEST CHARACTER TRANSFER INSTRUCTIONS
March 31, 2016 17:15

Please note that all transfers are final.

Customer Service will not reverse, refund, or otherwise modify a transfer once completed. Please ensure that you have set up your transfer to your satisfaction prior to submission.

Preparing to Transfer

Items and coin in your Shared Bank will stay on your original server (and account).
You will be removed from any Real Estate plots you own.
All items in your current house/plot will be placed into a moving crate, and will appear on your cursor when you first log in to your new server. You will need to purchase a new plot on your new server if you wish to unload your moving crate.
Your character will be removed from their guild and fellowship.
Prerequisites for Transferring to a new Server

Your character must be at least level 20.
Your account must be at least 60 days old. - No longer correct; users on this site report that 30 days is the current time-frame.
Once a character has been transferred, that character is unable to transfer again for 24 hours.
You may initiate 8 character transfers within a 180 day period. If your character has been transferred within this time frame, you will need to wait before you can transfer them again.
Character Transfer Price(s)

Transferring to a new Server requires the purchase of a Character Transfer Token from the Marketplace. The base price is 2,500 Daybreak Cash ($25.00) prior to any All Access Membership discounts or promotions.
Account-to-Account transfers are a flat 2,500 Daybreak Cash fee. This is not modified by any discounts, promotions, or other offers.
Note: We do not accept the Character Transfer Token as payment for an Account transfer.
Servers with Restrictions or Special Considerations

Phinigel (TLP) - Server transfers are strictly prohibited. You may only transfer from Account-to-Account on this server.
Ragefire (TLP) - Restricted. You may not transfer off of Ragefire, however you may transfer here from Lockjaw.
Lockjaw (TLP) - Restricted. You may not transfer to the Lockjaw server, however you may transfer only to the Ragefire server.
Fippy Darkpaw (TLP) - Restricted. You may only transfer to normal servers from Fippy, however you may transfer to Fippy from Vulak'aerr.
Vulak'aerr (TLP) - Restricted. You may transfer to Fippy Darkpaw or normal servers, but you may not transfer to Vulak'aerr.
Test Server - Prohibited. You may copy a character to the Test server using the /testcopy command, no transfers are permitted for this server.
Firiona Vie - Restricted. You may only transfer to Firiona Vie. Characters are not permitted to leave this server under any circumstance.
Trakanon - Restricted. You may not transfer to Trakanon, however you may freely move from Trakanon to any normal ruleset server. Use the /servertransfer command to see a list of servers.
Zek - Free transfers are available to the Zek server. Use the /servertransfer command to begin the process.
Transferring to a Different Server

If your character's name is unavailable on your destination server, you will need to choose a new name for your character.
This name change is considered final. Customer Service will not change your character name post-transfer regardless of how long you've played, activity levels (or lack thereof) of the character in possession of the desired name, or any other circumstance.
Instructions for Transferring to a New Server

Ensure that you have reviewed the prior information in this article before beginning this process. If you are utilizing a free transfer (such as to Zek), you may skip steps 1, 2, and 3 by simply using the /servertransfer command.

Type /marketplace or click the EQ button and select "Marketplace" from the menu to open the Marketplace window.
Go to the "Services" tab in the Marketplace and purchase a Character Transfer Token. Please ensure that you have adequate inventory space to hold the Token.
When you are ready to transfer, right-click your Character Transfer Token to consume it. This will open the Server Transfer List window.
If you close this window by mistake, you can reopen it by using the /servertransfer command.
Click to select your desired destination server.
If the list indicates that your name is already in use on that server, you will need to enter a new character name in the provided field. Once you have done so, click Refresh to check if your entered name is available on that server. Repeat if necessary.
Click the "Transfer" button to move your character to your new server. You may need to confirm after this point. Once you have done so, you will be immediately disconnected and your character will be transferred to their new server. Please allow a few minutes for the process to finish.
Transferring to a Different Account

Characters that have been flagged to receive Veteran Rewards maintain this flag, however, as these rewards are based on the age of the account, your character may gain or lose abilities depending upon the Veteran Reward level of the account the character has been moved to.
If you are moving to a different account but staying on the same server, your character is NOT eligible for a free name change.
Instructions for Transferring to a Different Account

Transferring to a different account will require that you contact Customer Service, as these transfers are done manually. Ensure that you have read the prior information on this article to ensure that your character is ready for transfer, and you will need to have the requisite 2,500 Daybreak Cash available for payment.

You will also need to provide the following information:

Source Account

Your Real Name:
Daybreak Account Name:
Last 4 digits of the Credit Card used on the account:
Cardholder's Name:
Full Billing Address:
Current Answer to the Security Question:
Email Address:
Character Info

Source Account Name:
Current Server:
Destination Server (If Applicable):
Number of Characters to move:
Character Name(s):
Transferring to a Different Account:
Destination Account Name:
This information is required. If you are unable to provide all of the necessary information, we will not be able to grant your transfer request.

Once we have verified your ownership of both accounts, you will be notified to purchase the 2,500 Daybreak Cash to be removed as payment for the transfer. Please wait until your accounts have been verified prior to purchasing the Daybreak Cash as we will be unable to offer a refund for purchased Daybreak Cash."

https://help.everquest.com/hc/en-us/articles/217935388-EverQuest-character-transfer-instructions

Buying accounts - WHAT questions should you ask regarding account security?

If the original owner ever wants to take back an account, keep in mind the following AND make sure you know the answers to these questions...

1. Has the account ever had credit card utilized? Daybreak has access to the SOE era transaction history, so keep this in mind. VIP - when you look in the account information online, only the last 2 years are available for review!
2. Has a Zip code been set?
3. Has a Secret Question and Answer ben set?
4. Has a verified email been set?

If any of the above are yes, the ORIGINAL owner can potentially take back the account.

How can you secure an account if the above answers (some or all are yes)

1. You need to have the ability to transfer the character to a new account either with the prior owner initiating the transfer to a clean account or doing so yourself.
2. Buy accounts from people you know personally and trust.

As stated by another member, "The only way around buying an account and not running into that is buy a clean account, no CC ever used, no secret set, no email ever confirmed and no zip code over put in."

Last edited:
Your account must be at least 60 days old.

Incorrect sir, there is no longer an age to the account to transfer, only a level

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Excellent guide! this is a question people ask me all the time, so GREAT WORK!

Incorrect sir, there is no longer an age to the account to transfer, only a level

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Excellent guide! this is a question people ask me all the time, so GREAT WORK!

Good to know; I took this from Daybreak's site; they obviously have not completely updated! I have edited.

So assume I buy an account from someone and a cc has been used on the account. Can I add my own cc to the account, removing the old one, and use that info from the new cc to facilitate an account to account transfer?

So assume I buy an account from someone and a cc has been used on the account. Can I add my own cc to the account, removing the old one, and use that info from the new cc to facilitate an account to account transfer?

yes but if the original owner EVER wanted to take back the account he can give them his old CC info and his info is still on file for that account and he would get the account back (once someone sets personal information like CC, Zip code, confirmed email, secret question then they can always get the account back, dbg may remove or change it to your new info but they keep the old! The only way around buying an account and not running into that is buy a clean account, no CC ever used, no secret set, no email ever confirmed and no zip code over put in.

Can you think of any reason it will not allow a character xfer. Above it says 60days no longer required...... Account is 25 days old. Thats the only thing I can think of. (Level 100 on an old old server where xfers have been available for a long time)

yes but if the original owner EVER wanted to take back the account he can give them his old CC info and his info is still on file for that account and he would get the account back (once someone sets personal information like CC, Zip code, confirmed email, secret question then they can always get the account back, dbg may remove or change it to your new info but they keep the old! The only way around buying an account and not running into that is buy a clean account, no CC ever used, no secret set, no email ever confirmed and no zip code over put in.

I definitely appreciate this information and will port into the main post. I think all of the above should be mandatory information that a buyer should be aware of when considering an account purchase.

Wish I saw this post before I tried a transfer a month back, buying the token will cause you to have to jump through hoops to get it refunded and then the transfer to take place.

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I tried searching the Daybreak website and it was confusing as hell, this made it much easier for me to understand!

Can anyone confirm that they have server transferred a character on an account that is less than 60 days old? When i tried to click the token it would not let me. Please share your secrets. The account had a lvl 100 on it.

Just did a transfer in 28 days, was expecting 30... The ACCOUNT not the toon, the toon was same but the account was 28 days....

- - - Updated - - -

BTW you can get around this, just put in a ticket, say hey I tried this server and it has been 15 days or whatever it is and I want to transfer back to my old server and a CS rep will clear it! I think the toon has to be more then 30 days old though. I moved a mage to a fresh account and did not realize the 30 days on the account thing! So a quick ticket and the next day it transferred servers on a 2 day old ACCOUNT...

- - - Updated - - -

DBG gets money for a transfer so it is always in their favor to do it and get paid

Ok, here's a question (and yes it's because i'm to lazy to search DBG forums.

What would happen if you wanted to transfer a 105 TBM char to a FTP non-TBM/non-TDS account?

Ok, here's a question (and yes it's because i'm to lazy to search DBG forums.

What would happen if you wanted to transfer a 105 TBM char to a FTP non-TBM/non-TDS account?

Wont work, the account expac must equal or exceed the originating toons expac

I've recently (in the past week) transferred three toons all with TBM to acounts without TBM. Not sure about 105s but they were 50 to 60 chars on TLP.

Question.

Recently purchased an account here from the bazaar. I want to transfer a character account-to-account, from the new account i just purchased, to one of my own (Same server). Is this possible? The information on the account I purchased is set (credit card, name, zip, secret question), but the seller has this information for me to use. Is there going to be an issue transfering from one account to another, if the 2 accounts have different names/address as the owners etc?

You need to be change as much of the info as you can to match the new account. The most important thing is that both account are using the same CC for payment. This is really what they seem to check. It's also worth noting that payment source verification is the only way to get an account back that you've lost all info to. They're only concerned with the most recent payment method too.

You need to be change as much of the info as you can to match the new account. The most important thing is that both account are using the same CC for payment. This is really what they seem to check. It's also worth noting that payment source verification is the only way to get an account back that you've lost all info to. They're only concerned with the most recent payment method too.

you dont need to change anything. All they ask for is the source account info nothing from the account you're sending the char to.

both acct names dont need to be the same.
source acct need all the info.
destination account needs account name.
fee: make sure you have enough db cash.

just did one xfer, took less than 12 hours.

both acct names dont need to be the same.
source acct need all the info.
destination account needs account name.
fee: make sure you have enough db cash.

just did one xfer, took less than 12 hours.

Was this on 2 of your own accounts, or was one of them someone else's?

Thanks for the info so far.

2500 station cash needed yeah?

Wont work, the account expac must equal or exceed the originating toons expac

This is no longer true I account transferred a 105 TBM account toon to a FTP account without TBM\TDS. The character was bounced back to lvl 100 and all TBM gear was disabled. I later purchased TBM on the account and the toon was made 105 and all of it's gear was again usable.

This thread is a little old. Can anyone confirm that transfers work on account/toons less than 60 days old? less than 30 days old? toon age? account age? Was a ticket required?

Last edited:
i had a toon that was 105, 28 days account age, few days on the toon, the actual token will deny you butttt.. i petitioned and a GM pushed the transfer as a courtesy and gave me a name change potion, because why not change the name and make a toon on your server your changing to for free right?

Edit: This was also within this past week..

I made a beastlord, bought a chase item on server A. upgraded him to heroic, transferred him to server B same day. not even 24 hours old, same account xfer.

They don't seem to limit char age, its the account age that flags them, so if you account has a year you are golden, if it has a few weeks{under sixty days} it flags it as a no.
Also death whats the Entitled time on the account?

Correct- What I'm saying is that you no longer need the CC info nor the address. 99% of the accounts sold here are given the SQA... but not everyone will give the last 4 of the CC and address and full name.

My point being, it's a hell a lot easier to transfer characters between accounts now since you do not need to give them all of that information.

They literally transfered my toon in 13 minutes. That has to be a record.

So I just had 2 accounts banned as soon as I added the 2-step phone number to them. Neither account had a phone number attached to them prior to me setting it up. I did add the phone number to both within 5 minutes, maybe that put up a flag?

Both had my same email, none of my other accounts have been affected...for now.

Adding my 2 Redcents, I've never tried to get an account back in this manner but I have repeatedly tried to get my OWN account back from 99 here is some info on it...

I have the original email
I have the original cc
I have the original login name
I have the original address
(we didn't have secret questions back then)

When I quit I handed the account to my guild (thinking I'd never come back), I asked the last guy I handed it to what happened and he said it's been dormant for 15 years but he can't remember all that info (who the f*ck can?)

I just HAPPENED to have my original info written inside the EQ disc box, which I unearthed in my attic years ago and spurned my EQ addiction right back into action.

Long story short DBG has denied 5+ tickets I've submitted over the years to get it back... and we're talking about a lvl 65 toon with shit gear who hasn't been played since 02-03. Moral of the story is, they want THE MOST RECENT info 99% of the time and are pretty strict about it.

So if you replace the info with your own, the will usually use that over past information. However, it's Daybroke and they do whatever they want so take this with a grain of salt.

Im bumping an old post but have a question. If you purchase a clean account that has never had a CC used, I update the email, set SQA and zip but I keep it on krono with no CC can I transfer that to an account where I am using CC? Im reading above CC info on source account is required but what if its not on CC?

Im bumping an old post but have a question. If you purchase a clean account that has never had a CC used, I update the email, set SQA and zip but I keep it on krono with no CC can I transfer that to an account where I am using CC? Im reading above CC info on source account is required but what if its not on CC?

as far as i know account to account transfers are still unavailable.
see link below

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230627407-EverQuest-Character-Transfer-Instructions

I want to be able to transfer characters from 1 account to another, people told me you have to have 2500 Daybreak cash on the character that is transferring and then send a petition in.

Roxxlyy posted on Daybreak forum:

As far as I'm aware, a system to automate these transfers is being worked on. This is no insignificant amount of work, and unfortunately I don't have an ETA to give at this time.

I wish they would hurry up with this. I took liking to Sum1's setup and want to transfer my bst and wiz to their own accounts ...

Guide - Character Transfer - Server and Account

Users who are viewing this thread

Back