• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Tell entries in log file changed when MQ2 running (1 Viewer)

Hellscream

RedCents
150¢
All:

I'm having a weird issue....and don't know if there's a fix. Here's the deal...

When MQ2 isn't running, and I have a conversation in game with someone, the log file will show the line as <me> -> <recipient>: <message> - as it should. When <recipient> replies, it will show <recipient> -> <me>: <message> - again, as it should.

When MQ2 *IS* running, and I have a conversation in game with someone, the log file will show the line as <me> -> <recipient>: <message> - ALWAYS. Even when <recipient> replies to me.

Any idea how to fix this?

Do you have MQ2EQIM enabled?

If so, disable that in your compile / load. EQIM was a plugin for chat message boxes, which has since been added and changed in the EQ game code. I've never seen your problem before, but that my first suspect.

Do you have MQ2EQIM enabled?

If so, disable that in your compile / load. EQIM was a plugin for chat message boxes, which has since been added and changed in the EQ game code. I've never seen your problem before, but that my first suspect.

Thanks for the idea! Checked my MacroQuest.ini file:

mq2eqim=0

Is the setting. I'm going to tirn off TimeStampChat, BeepOnTells, and FlashOnTells to see if it makes any difference. Will advise!

Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Yup - it was the TimeStampChat. If I have it enabled, it alters the log file entry. If I disable it in the INI, reload everything, tells in log files look like they should.

I guess I'll see where I can submit a bug fix request for it.

Thanks!

Problem - Tell entries in log file changed when MQ2 running

Users who are viewing this thread

Back