• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - mq2melee standup (1 Viewer)

stig7055

RedCents
90¢
I can not get standup to stop making my monk stand up on a failed feign death. Is something else making him do it? I am only running mq2melee. I have tried /melee standup=0 and off , neither works. This used to work but now it will not.

Any ideas?

P.S. when it happens I get this message that says MQ2Melee::FAILED FEIGN DEATH taking action! I need this turned off.

Thank you for your time!

I don't use a monk but if he failed feign death, why does it matter if he stands up or not? Not picking, curious to the reason as I would think him standing up would flag me I'm in trouble and need to try again

I don't use a monk but if he failed feign death, why does it matter if he stands up or not? Not picking, curious to the reason as I would think him standing up would flag me I'm in trouble and need to try again

When using a monk to power level and you FD with the mob at 5% or so, on a fail, instead of laying there, he stands up and kills the target. A work around is to target himself at the same time he FDs. Just curious as to why standup wont turn off now.

Stand will stand you back up if you are successfully feigned, but on a fail, it looks to be hardcoded to stand you back up.

MQ2Melee at about line 5120 from version on MQ2 site.

Rich (BB code):
// check if we should standup from an interrupted feign death
    if (BrokenFD && (unsigned long)clock()>BrokenFD) {
        BrokenFD = false;
        if (IsFeigning()) {
            Announce(SHOW_FEIGN, "%s::\arFAILED FEIGN DEATH\ax taking action!", PLUGIN_NAME);
            EzCommand("/stand");
            return;
        }
    }

You could compile your own mq2melee and comment out that <EzCommand("/stand");> line for your purposes.

stig, that makes sense now that I know what you're doing. Looking at what rencro posted, you might need to do the work around. Maybe set up a hotkey that targets self then FD's. Might need to face away from the mob when you do as well so you don't riposte for the KS. Good luck sir!

I remember doing this to pl some of my toons in Kaesora, and when it worked it worked great, but the timing needs to be good or you waste a kill, so mq2melee helps alot with the timing, as far as the failed fd, I would just accept those as a fail and pull another -)

stig, that makes sense now that I know what you're doing. Looking at what rencro posted, you might need to do the work around. Maybe set up a hotkey that targets self then FD's. Might need to face away from the mob when you do as well so you don't riposte for the KS. Good luck sir!

Thanks for the updates guys, as far as compiling a new .dll of MQ2Melee thats way over my head. Never done it so I will leave it alone, the hotkey to target self and then FD worked for a temp fix. Whats odd though is that about a month ago the command of /standup=0 worked to turn it off. Wonder why the command is still listed but its obviously not checking to see what that variable is set to.

Question - mq2melee standup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back