• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Newbie to MQ & Red... (1 Viewer)

nocturnix

RedCents
10¢
Hi,

I am new to this software (have not installed it yet). I have been reading through the guides here and see there are alot of cool bots/macros. I currently multibox a full 6 accounts and use isboxer for my team management. The auto-cleric and shaman bots sound interesting to me. But to be honest, these bots sound a bit too good to be true. I dont want to fully automate everything, but automating heals to get rid of my Mercs would be kind of nice. Can people attest to these bots working? How well? How do they compare to a merc for example? Of course the level/AAs/Power of the cleric would need to be compareable to a merc, but purely on the AI front and speed. Mercs are fast and can keep me alive quite well. How does auto-cleric compare to that?

What would others say are their most valuable macros?

It all depends on how you set them up of course, but the more recent macros are generally 10 times better than any merc. For the cleric you have a multitude of options really, FastHeal is well proven and works great. My most valuable macro is still the afnuke2 (wizard mac) from Razkle. With a well geared wizard, you won't find anything close to this DPS, hardly even from manual wizards.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Just trying to evaluate wether i want to subscribe here or not. Look forward to more feedback from others!

Hi Nocturnix .
Welcome to the club :) .
Ive only been here myself a few weeks but can honestly say its well worth it .I dont have any high level chars to speak of currently my 6 box team consist of cleric warrior mage wizard enchanter and rogue/ranger( depends on whether the missus is playing or not ) . Back to the original question i use kiss assist with all the chars i'm not playing and after the initial setup of the first day or two learning how to set up my ini's and relearning what spells do what its a piece of cake and works so much better than a merc . I did use mercs at first while i was getting use to the software for example i started with group consisting of a warrior,rogue,mage and wizard but had merc tank and merc healer till i got used to what was what .I then binned the merc tank and used warrior myself with Kiss on the other chars, I brought in a cleric setup to use with Kiss and kept merc healer till i got Kiss setup on cleric how i liked it. Currently i play the tank myself and Kiss assist takes care of the rest unless the missus wants to play a char. My team is now sat between 78-81 level and all in all is pretty solid . Kissassist for me has saved my EQ game time as without it i wouldve just given up. I'm yet to try any of the other macro's such as Afnuke as not sure on what levels i really need and still learning whats what . I did give Auto cleric beta a blast at lvl 65 ish and it seemed to work ok but i thought Kissassist was doing a good job so kept with it . Cant wait to get higher levels and try autocleric and Afnukes :) All in all a big thumbs up from me .
Ronnie

Greetings nocturnix, welcome to RedGuides.

To answer your questions, yes. MQ2 is every bit as good as it claims, and the macros found here on redguides are mind blowingly helpful. KissAssist is the going favorite, but there are other macros people use frequently. There is absolutely no comparison to mercs and macro's. Granted at low levels the mercs are so overpowered it's insane.. but as you level up, the mercs become increasingly less effective. If you are willing to spend the time to fine-tune your ini files, your characters can heal AND dps.

For me personally, my favorite macros are:
KissAssist - automate dps to take strain off boxing, and optimise your dps output. This macro does SO much more, and works with every class. You can even configure it to have your dps pinch heal, rez, etc. The list is quite long.
ninjaadvloot - no more clicking corpses or fighting with the advanced loot system. configure your keeps, destroy, sell, etc. and let a dedicated toon in your group fill their bags (large ones preferably)
cskillup - work on your fizzles while you semi-afk

-Drive

There are lots of macro's and so many gambits to say what are our favorites. Kissassist is the Redguides total combat bot macro and has very high praise as it can do essentially all classes well. There are also other macros' and plugin's for select roles that can be used depending on preference and what level your characters are. I am an old school boxer that was literally boxing up to 9 characters in raid level content without MQ2 back. I didnt' start using MQ2 until Anguish raid level content myself although I had hotbar's that were insane to most people then. Redguides community (even the asshats like myself) are good folks, MQ2 gives you a tremendous amount of options and Redguides installer and support is excellent there as well. I would suggest you get level 2 access but try not to rush yourself into it all as you will frustrate yourself until you get a feel of it all. Once you get that understanding, you will be flying high and enjoying it, I assure you.

OK you sold me, i'll sign up for a 6 month sub. and get cracking on the setup. For those who have used isboxer, this software is quite setup intensive too. I finally got it working fairly well, but healing is an issue. I also think that with something like kiss I could be putting out alot more dps on my other characters like mage/shammy. Before my Main focus char was the bard, as the bard is really great for pulling. But with a good kiss setup working I could likely make the SK my main, and spot heal with my shammy/druid.

My team by the way is Bard, SK, Necro, Shammy, Druid, Mage. 102-105, so almost level capped on all of them. Currently I am using pets as tanks, but as my SK gets better I will eventually switch over to him as MT. Do you think Shammy/Druid would work well enough as healer team if configured well? Or should i level up a cleric? The druid is immensely helpful for transportation, not sure I could get rid of him for that alone.

I dont mind configuring the team inis and playing with that until its tuned perfectly. Thats part of the fun of this anyways right?

Excited to try this out. It seems the community here is very active and helpful too, which makes me more inclined to purchase a sub.

Thanks,

I'm happy to hear this dude, I think you will enjoy thoroughly like I have been. Druids do well on healing however nothing beats a cleric on mobs tougher than you're tank can really handle. If you're fighting stuff easily tankable, use the druid for primary healer with shammy doing the patching (so he can do the debuffs on the mobs etc.). When running larger teams, I would suggest you control the puller or the tank depending on how you set up camp. I use a bard to do most of my pulling for obvious reasons (they're the most amazing pullers) and I'll run him myself and have tank and others bot in camp I pull to. It also lets you deal with the OS moments if you need to mezz an add etc. If you're in an easy camp for your SK, put bard on autopulls and run your SK to maximize his effects and build him up. Mage pets are fine but a tank is a tank, use him! :)

My team by the way is Bard, SK, Necro, Shammy, Druid, Mage. 102-105, so almost level capped on all of them. Currently I am using pets as tanks, but as my SK gets better I will eventually switch over to him as MT. Do you think Shammy/Druid would work well enough as healer team if configured well? Or should i level up a cleric? The druid is immensely helpful for transportation, not sure I could get rid of him for that alone.

Thanks,

Sham/Druid will work for heals, Absolutely. I would primarily use the shaman as healer with duration healing and efficient direct healing, and have the druid use reverse DS (heal), promised heals, and fast cast emergency heals. If you really spend the time you could get the shaman primarily healing the tank, and the druid healing everyone else. That would reduce the amount of overhealing, but increase the risk of a wipe if the squishy mage snags aggro. Best advice is once you get going and setting things up a bit, spend some time getting the bard set up to mez. That's a life saver.

Awesome advice guys, just bought a 1year sub.

Im playing around with kissasist on a lowby paladin to get a feel for it. One really dumb question i didnt find in the manual: how do i stop kissassist?

to stop any mac just type /endmac
a couple other commands useful for kissassist /chase and /camphere the first sets your toon to follow the MA around, works better than /autofollow, the second sets you to return to the camp location if you get more than x feet away, x being set by your campradius feild in the INI, if you are trying to keep your toons in a tight camp for aggro etc you can define the campradius quite small, at times i've set mine down to as low as 5 to ensure that they return to a nice tight formation once the combat has ended

Anything I should know about running isboxer + MQ? Obviously I will turn off my keybinds/buttons i am using now in Isboxer and replace that on certain characters with kissassist automation instead. ie. right now i have buttons for slow, abilitys, dots and nukes setup through isboxer, but i will move those over to kissasisst automation for certain things so it doesnt interfere.

I'm not an ISboxer user so I can only offer a general suggestion.

I'd start by taking a solid duo (or trio) and just setting up KA to work how you want and go farm someplace that's relatively easy. This gives you some hours / days to tweak the settings and get the spells / abilities going how you want and etc.

Once the team is functioning fairly well and you're comfortable with KA & MQ2 then I'd pull ISboxer back in.

Anybody have a good guide for setting up a shammy with kissassist? I've got him healing, but not sure how to make him slow and dot in between. Also even though i have configured 3 heal spells, only one is being used. How does healing priority work? AE heals, and HoTs?

http://www.redguides.com/community/...sAssist-8-Instructions-amp-Settings-Info#heal

short summary:
after each heal spell in your Kissassist_toonname.ini is a "|##" that you set, when the group member / MA / etc. is at that HP value KA starts casting that heal spell.

http://www.redguides.com/community/...ssAssist-8-Instructions-amp-Settings-Info#dps
outlines how to fill in the DPS section of your kissassist_toonname.ini.
put the spells in order you want them cast, add the appropriate hitpoint percentage trigger points and you should be set.

If nothing else, you will LOVE having the map show you every spawn in the zone. You can see an example here: http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php/37900-Crypt-of-Sul-AFK-Guide-(TBM)

The pink dots are drops or shinies that you can pick up for collectables. If nothing else in this entire forum, that's worth my money right there.

People try to respond to posts here rather quickly, make sure to hit the thanks button when you can. You don't have many thanks to pass out each day, but give em when you got em.

Anything I should know about running isboxer + MQ?

Yes, Don't run ISBoxer for a while. Play with MQ2 / KissAssist or other macro with two accounts to figure things out. ISBoxer can interfere and because your not used to MQ, you wouldn't be able to figure out what was messing you up.

Other than the learning curve, ISBoxer has some performance improvements in the program that can make MQ get strange.. If you start to have problems with macros and ISBoxer running, look there. But honestly I quit using ISBoxer all together shortly after joining RedGuides.

Mq2eqbcs is another must have . It allows you to send commands to other chars as a group or individually from the one you are driving . eg: /bca //Endmac is on a social on my tank (I play tank myself and let kiss play the rest of group) this tells everyone else in the group to end the Macro they are currently using (Usually kissassist) i usually use this then tell my Wizzy to port us out when i am camping for night :)
Anyway welcome to the community have fun :) .
Ronnie

I six box exclusively, and use ISBoxer along with MQ2 self compiled. I use ISboxer because I like to be able to look at all my characters at a glance(dual monitors, main always on monitor 1), and be able to switch into them on the fly, sure you could use the free version of wineq, but once you get used to ISboxer, its hard to downgrade to wineq. I dont do any key mapping at all with ISboxer for Everquest, I use EQBCS to control my characters, for instance "/bcaa //say leave" which replaces the need to use isboxer Broadcast mode, and as mentioned above by ronnie. I run Bard Warrior Cleric Wizard Mage Shaman for my setup. Im always in control of the Bard with the exception of a few holyshits for Selo's kick, ect.. I have my warrior not running any macros and is controlled via EQBCS from bard with a "killthis command", the warrior has an extensive downshit/hoyshit setup to make up for the lack of macro on him and I will manually take over control at times. I just like being in control of the warrior as to when to engage and whom. The three other boxes will fluctuate between wizard, shaman, paladin, beastlord, rogue ect, pretty much all the other classes. I use AFNuke2 as mentioned above for wizards, and its outstanding, as well as autocleric fort the cleric, which should be illegal its so good. Both AFNuke2 and autocleric are pretty much plug it in and lets go. I then use kissassist for all my other chars, which does need some fine tuning on a per character basis, but there is so much good info on this site that getting those running at highly efficient levels takes minimal effort. Similar to Darkie's suggestion above, I will fight a mob, make a change in the kissassist ini for a particular character, fight another, ect ect, untill Im in a happy place with how that "bot" performs.

I will never get rid of ISboxer even though I dont "need" it per se, its just offers too much convenience, plus works great when I box on EQ2 since its part of all access when eq is patching, and lastly its supporting Lax, one of the original creators.

Re: Newbie to MQ & Red...

yeah Learn EQBC, it will change your life!

- - - Updated - - -

1st time you do a task with eqbc you will be sold!

yeah Learn EQBC, it will change your life!

- - - Updated - - -

1st time you do a task with eqbc you will be sold!

Interesting, this could replace isboxer. But as another said, isboxer still does window management well so might keep it for that at least.

Interesting, this could replace isboxer. But as another said, isboxer still does window management well so might keep it for that at least.

I do this exact same thing. I use Isboxer to manage my windows (and broadcast some thing like breaking stick with a quick left or right turn) , a g510 keyboard for the quick 18 keys each bound to a separate eq window, and eqbc for all bot commands/communication.

Plus starting up 18 sessions with 1 click while I make a cup of coffee is always nice:)

MQ2autologin , batch file, winEq2....which is the precursor to ISBoxer

One click to load, login, and pick toon.

==click== ....==grab a drink==...==come back to 10+ or how ever many toons ready to rumble==

Discussion - Newbie to MQ & Red...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back