• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Poll - Daybreak's First Year With EverQuest (1 Viewer)

How would you rate Daybreak's first year with EQ?

• Total voters

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,578¢
Pronouns
He/Him
It's been exactly one year since DBG purchased SoE. How would you rate their first year of running EverQuest?

Releasing a very VERY broken expansion and taking so long to fix it? Though I give them props for naming it The BROKEN Mirror.
Customer support is nearly non-existence.
They cranked up the cost of the game cards from $15 to $25.
They renamed Station Cash to Daybreak Cash, and I just can't get over that.
They combined a bunch of our AAs and changed the names of them forcing me to update all my MQ code and INIs. Unforgivable.

I was unable to play for 3 weeks on one of my accounts, because THEY did not charge my CC on that account (But they did charge on 4 other accounts). Took them 3 weeks to fix that and in that 3 weeks i was more or less unable to play the other accounts also because my mainaccount (who was locked out of gold status) had my main tank on it...

Customer support is *SO* slow.

It's been awesome to see a flux of new Progression Servers sense the take over! Even though they have been a little rough to say the least..

While the latest expansion sucks orc balls.They have done things that people have been asking for years. They have made the game much more playable in the last year than Sony did in the last 10.

Last edited:
Well I guess they did make the whole pet aggro thing a little better for melee who want to group with pet tanks. And they accidentally made Enchanters Gods with their broken charm aggro. (Enchanter solo almost any named in TBM with a charmed pet, no healer)

Through twitter, they communicate much better. I see them hard at work fixing the things we ask for. Just because they are not working on YOUR priority, does not mean they aren't working on someones.
The increase of cash card price does suck but it was undermining the Krono market. As a business minded man. It only made sense,

overall i would rate them the same as soe , they have done some nice stuff like pet aggro and few other things, on the minus side .. they released a very broken expansion, and in my experence there CS is a little worse then soe .

I was pleased to see them already addressing taunt. They're trying to keep the game viable instead of just milking it.

I feel, as with any take over really, there are some tradeoffs.

- Itemization could use some serious help when it comes to group gear in TBM that's for certain. IE my warrior should not lose 50+ ac per slot "upgrading" from TDS group gear to TBM group gear...
- They have yet to streamline or tune their content releases/patching processes.
+ More involvement with the community, I didn't see GM or Guide events for many years from SoE and I have seen dozens (although small) of events since DBG took over.
+ I personally can not complain about customer service, my only interaction was an account -> account transfer of a character and it was done within 48 hours when it is stated to take up to a week so I was happy.
+ From the best that I can tell they did not take over and try doing any MAJOR changes that made their population /ragequit. (would be interested in seeing membership numbers since the takeover)
+ There are some LONG standing issues that DBG has at least addressed and some fixed since taking over. (YAY knights may be raid tanks again... not just for trash.)
+ DBG does seem to attempt to "compensate" folks for extended outages/patch days etc... SoE rarely if ever did.

I understand that some poor folks have different play styles/experiences so not everyone will agree, simply stating my personal opinion. =)

Poll - Daybreak's First Year With EverQuest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back