• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Throwing a bone. (1 Viewer)

yeah my issue is they are Chinese/Russian companies that 99% of the time are using stolen credit cards or stolen steam accounts to buy the codes then quickly and cheaply unload the codes so in a month or 2, the banks and the CC companies will catch it, reverse the charges and permanently ban your account. Seen WAY too many of these things happen, I will pass...

Damn $4 is way too cheap for TBM to be without catch.

I was wondering how people were able to sell TBM codes for $16-20 and now I know...

The problem is that even if you buy from someone who is asking $16-20 you are not sure whether they have not been bought from one of the shadier places.

Best scenario is Credit Card companies eat the loss not DBG but that is still a bad scenario.

Please post if you can think of a legitimate way these companies obtain codes so cheap. :)

EDIT: Found an interesting article on the ''gray market" codes : http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/9/800...ose-mysteriously-cheap-gray-market-game-codes

TLDR; Sometimes the codes are bought with stolen CCs, but sometimes there are various codes from free promotions.

Still there is a mystery:

• Most cheap codes work and are not banned
  • The number of free promotions that companies (especially cash hungry DBG) run must be limited

So there must be some source for legitimate codes under the retail price and under the table.

The reason Kronos are cheaper is that people farm massive amounts of plat and buy them in game then sell them cheap, gift codes don't really work that way. Usually. IF you are going to buy them, great! but I would sit on them for 45 days to 60 days before using them, that way if they are bad they will simply fail and you wont lose your account!

Being on a super budget right now... this is super tempting for some of my less "important" accounts.

However, I recently fell victim to the MS/PSN data breach hack for FIFA garbage so I'm hesitant to buy from any potentially sketchy source that potentially sketched stolen CC #s lol

Could just be someone using money for what money is for. Shaping the world to the way you want it.
As an example, no one farms drachnid silk from Dreadlands... but if I want people to visit the Dreadlands and have millions of plat to waste; I can put up a barterer buying Drachnid silks for 10pp each. Boom... I successfully shaped the world by giving people a reason to visit the Dreadlands.

So, say a billionaire plays EQ and wants there to be more players... he buys 10,000 copies of the game and sells them for $3 each... He burns a couple thousand by changing the world to his liking... which is essentially what big money is for.

oh wirlin you are so cute, if only there was even 1 billionaire that even played eq.....

I knew a great EQ player who was equally skilled in writing MQ2 macros. He hit a 7 figure jackpot and I never saw him nor his character online again.

No one pays retail then sells shit at 1/10 of its value unless they are trying to dump them so they can get away with some crime, that in 1 billion times more likely then your scenario... sorry

Granted... it's always nice to fantasize that ideal scenario is true though, isn't it? ;)

However, this makes me even more tempted to try it out on a dump account... let me go open a credit card with a 10$ limit lol

Like I said, if you are going to buy these codes, the normal billing cycle/fraud cycle is 45 to 60 days.... so if you buy one hold onto it for that long and if it is fraudulent it simply will not work instead of it being involved in a chargeback and you losing your account.

you misunderstand, if the original gift code buyer used a stolen credit card and he sells the code to you, you get banned, that is what the wait is for. If it is stolen it should take about 45 days for the credit card company and DBG to sort it out and ban the codes.

Just buy them with a Visa gift card and let us know how it goes.

Good suggestion but I'd have to pair it with Raz's point.

Although, at ~3$ a pop for a key, supposing they are legit in 60 days... could turn a nice profit re-selling keys without screwing someone :p

PRETTY SURE the dude here in baz that is trading keys for 2 Kronos is buying the $3.99 keys and reselling them here, not a bad markup but still, what happens when all of us (yes, I got a few from him) lose the accounts to chargebacks cause someone wanted to be a reseller. If you are not the original buyer of something then you should disclose that so people know what they are trading for. I asked him point blank and he didn't exactly lie to me but he made it sound like he personally knew the original buyer. My gut says he does not, he is buying $3.99 codes and if they turn out to be chargebacks in a month the shit will hit the fan!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW his keys do not come up as regular access keys, they actually come up as BETA keys that still give you the TBM but that was what gave it away to me that they were these $3.99 codes.

Yea why when i seen someone selling codes for 2 krono each i said no thanks something is wrong here. LoL

- - - Updated - - -

I have played eq 16+ years know many people who use work for sony back when and really there is no legit way to get unlimited codes. Most free codes given out are by the high end people of company or the guide program is issued xpacs for service they provide about it for free codes. 9 out of 10 times if someone is unloaded xpacs dirt cheap its more then likely going to get you banned in the long run.

Bought a couple of keys... going to sit on them for a while and then see what happens!

However, since they are "BETA" keys I'm inclined to think that if they weren't legit they would have been axed by December at the latest but ya never know...

I bought a code from a guy in the marketplace for 18.50. Shows as being TBM standard edition. I put it on a new account. While I feel the guy is honest, I'm gonna wait before I transfer any characters to it. But it is NOT a beta key. So that's a good sign.

When you turn it in it only lists TBM not the other 24 or so "items" that is the old expacs, it means its a beta key, I bought some from him and that is what they are, no biggie they still work as regular TBM but that is the key for beta TBMs

- - - Updated - - -

That seller is as honest as he can be but in the end he did not buy the codes from DBG he bought them from a site like the one here and he is reselling codes he has no idea where they actually came from.

Figures...Guess that means I get to invest some cash either into an account that already has it, or just buy it. Granted, since it's a beta key, I'm thinking the account will get banned. /sigh Waste of 18.50....

Actually it may be just fine, another couple of weeks and we should all know, 4 weeks max if these are good. If they are from gold farmers trading kronos for them or gold for them they may be fine, if they are from a scammer the chargebacks should start in the next few weeks. I bought some too so I am hoping for goodness....

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of the day, TBM is TBM, since it is after Beta now the keys work just fine and actually since they are beta keys they are already months old so if they work they should be fine, time will tell

- - - Updated - - -

just gambled on the last 6 in stock, they are all the same company on that link, 1 went out of stock and they all did. Will hold them for a bit before using them but the even say they are BETA keys just like the $18 dude is selling, so if he also runs out of stock we know where he got them from.

- - - Updated - - -

They restocked so I bought 3 more codes, that was last night, they are still making excuses and no codes... time to reverse paypal

Actually it may be just fine, another couple of weeks and we should all know, 4 weeks max if these are good. If they are from gold farmers trading kronos for them or gold for them they may be fine, if they are from a scammer the chargebacks should start in the next few weeks. I bought some too so I am hoping for goodness....

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of the day, TBM is TBM, since it is after Beta now the keys work just fine and actually since they are beta keys they are already months old so if they work they should be fine, time will tell

- - - Updated - - -

just gambled on the last 6 in stock, they are all the same company on that link, 1 went out of stock and they all did. Will hold them for a bit before using them but the even say they are BETA keys just like the $18 dude is selling, so if he also runs out of stock we know where he got them from.

- - - Updated - - -

They restocked so I bought 3 more codes, that was last night, they are still making excuses and no codes... time to reverse paypal

I just ordered a few more now and got my codes within 1 minute of purchase (used PayPal)... so... dunno what's up with your transaction.

LMAO they gave me a 5% code off for next purchase and said they were sorry it took so long got them today.

So after some sluthing on my end, these are BETA access codes, "generated" around November and given as promos from DBG to certain outlets, somehow the Chinese got hands on them and they are clearing them out. They still work as TBM codes so all is well, still not going to use them for 45 days but I bought 30 of them

SO funny, but kinda yeah

- - - Updated - - -

CAREFUL you have been warned, I tried to buy more codes from these ass clowns at gamemafia/penquin and they are asking me to send them a photo id or TAX BILL with social or a current utility bill. YEAH, can you say "Identity Theft" Fuck them!

Dear Customer,

In order to ensure the safety of your transaction, please send us a photo of a bill, invoice, or any other letter that you have received via traditional post (your first and last name and address have to be visible). It is necessary for us to verify your order.

Acceptable documents can be found below:

-Driving Licence
-ID card
-Official letter from a bank, or statement with a visible name and current address of the client
-Credit card statement
-Other official letters from, for example, Home Office or HM Revenue and Customs
-Bills, e.g. Council tax, Telephone, Gas, Electricity or Water bills
-Letter from your employer, which shows a full address of the firm

Please put a piece of paper with a handwritten order number next to the document and take a photo of them together.

We are aware that this is a troublesome situation for you and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for considering our request.

Kind regards,

Erwin

With best regards,

I've ordered multiple times from them now as well and just want to state from the other side of things that I have had NONE of that happen. So idunno what's going on. I tried out one of the keys on a junk account and it worked just fine too.

The OP's guys are 100% sold out. Beta codes so that was a limited supply. But the guys over at playerauctions have 2 sellers selling game codes and heroic codes pretty cheap! I have dealt with absolutegold a few times, never saw Heymilan until this last week so no idea. They both have great reps though. If you get a bad code from them they will replace it, if you are the original buyer!

The price is under $10 for TBM and I bought 1 to see it is the REAL version, not the beta one. (same result to your account) And they have Heroics for like $11, I bought 2 heroic ones and they worked perfect from AbsoluteGold not the other guy. People are buying them and them coming here to resell them when they did not buy them 1st hand, not that there is anything wrong with it but they cannot guarantee the codes are good that they are selling, I had 1 bad code from Absolutegold and they replaced it within minutes. If you are buying cheap codes try to get as far up the food chain as possible to avoid scams or bans from chargebacks! If you are Reselling codes MAYBE you should do the right thing and state that you are reselling OR that you bought them personally.....

Just MY 2Cents

Raz

- - - Updated - - -

I actually think the guy that just got banned here that was selling them, pre-sold a huge lot expecting to just go buy them at kinguin/gamemafia and found that they were now permanently out of stock so he kept the kronos!

- - - Updated - - -

I talked to the guys at g2a and they said 2 suppliers had hundreds of beta codes, they were selling to these brokers like gamafia and they confirmed to me that the well was now dry. The risk for the codes at playerauctions is that they are again live codes (not beta) and could be charged back at a later date, so buyer beware! It is actually VERY common for one of these Chinese companies to steal credit card info, buy a shit ton of codes, cash them out to brokers quick and cheap and be gone before the bans hit in 45-60 days...

Oldish thread, but I have bought prolly 10 TBM codes from Heymilan. So far, no problems whatsoever, and over half are beyond the magical 45 day mark. Prolly another 6 heroic codes as well, again more than 45 days out. This is the kind of thing that is good to 'update', especially 45+ days later.

News - Throwing a bone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back