• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - MQ2Nav Beta by Brainiac and Donation Kick Starter. (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladders and volumetric surfaces (liquids) are huge problems that I don't have solutions for. They aren't supported, sorry :(

I checked and have directx12 and everything is goot..

- - - Updated - - -

I have been able to replicate this on 3 different windows 10 computers fyi.. Figured I would offer that up as well. I wonder if the directx 12 is the issue.. I'll see if I can downgrade to 10

I checked and have directx12 and everything is goot..

- - - Updated - - -

I have been able to replicate this on 3 different windows 10 computers fyi.. Figured I would offer that up as well. I wonder if the directx 12 is the issue.. I'll see if I can downgrade to 10

You can't really do that. DirectX 9, 10, 11, 12 are all different things.

What you need is to install directx 9, which is what MQ2Nav uses.

- - - Updated - - -

Toots-- Good question... I've had the same issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Another issue is that the bot gets "caught" in some kind of update cycle and goes back and forth and back and forth between two points. Almost as if it gets to a point and decides another route in quicker, then when it tries that it decides the original path was right... and recycles in an infinite loop. There needs to be a way for it to "decide" if it catches itself in such a loop.

Brainiac-- what can I provide to help solve this issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Brainiac-- another minor issue-- sometimes I cannot get the UI to show up with /nav ui. Any clue on that?

- - - Updated - - -

Finally... is there a way to PLACE a path in the mesh, or put OBSTACLES in the path to force the pathing?

1. can you take a screenshot of the general area and give me /loc? It might be related to geometry. Also, it might not be helpful but I believe there is UI in the mq2nav window to show the list of coordinates that its following and that might give some clues (can screenshot those too).

2. there is some .ini file, maybe MQ2Nav_UI.ini (I can't recall the exact name -- I'm at work). Deleting that may fix. Unless there is an error on the screen, it should be showing so maybe its just not on the visible part of the screen. That ini file has the coordinates saved for where it should be displayed.

3. I wish this was easier. dynamic nav meshes are possible but very complicated, and the way things are implemented right now it isn't even possible. I'm trying to change the navmesh to use a dynamic version but its taking a lot of time. I am also looking to add manual paths similar to MQ2AdvPath but that isn't start yet. You CAN put obstalces in the mesh using the mesh generator tool, but the interface is kinda clunky and some people have reported it doesn't work well. Convex volume tool can create shapes that are cut out of tiles. If you use it you need to regenerate tiles after you create the volumes.

Brainiac,

I'm at work, can try to send over a screenshot later. But it is at the gate to the far NW sarnak for in FM. Nav doesn't recognize any of the sharpened log post walls. So I tried to build a shape around the one that sits in the doorway so it would run to either side, but it my toon likes to try and run straight at it.

you can try to delete the tiles where the logs are, this will make nav go around those missing tiles. i had to do that inchardok where my puller was getting hung up on flower pots.

Brainiac,

I'm at work, can try to send over a screenshot later. But it is at the gate to the far NW sarnak for in FM. Nav doesn't recognize any of the sharpened log post walls. So I tried to build a shape around the one that sits in the doorway so it would run to either side, but it my toon likes to try and run straight at it.

I've been working on fixing the new EoK zones, there are a lot of models that don't show up in the navmesh.

- - - Updated - - -

you can try to delete the tiles where the logs are, this will make nav go around those missing tiles. i had to do that inchardok where my puller was getting hung up on flower pots.

Can you give me a good idea of where in chardok these flower pots are? /loc and screenshot? It might be the same problem as the missing models in other EoK zones

Hah nice Maskoi

They are in the fractured shard area. Not really flower pots but like cauldrons

EQ000049.jpg

I've been working on fixing the new EoK zones, there are a lot of models that don't show up in the navmesh.

- - - Updated - - -

It might be the same problem as the missing models in other EoK zones

Brainiac,

In Lceanium, trees are not showing up.

You already know about the trees in Frontier Mountains , but the tent objects at sarnak fort/camps are not showing up either.

What exactly does "No end reference" mean? I am getting that most of the time when trying to build and use meshes for zones.

What exactly does "No end reference" mean? I am getting that most of the time when trying to build and use meshes for zones.

I believe it means the point you're trying to navigate too exists outside of the mesh.

- - - Updated - - -

Brainiac,

In Lceanium, trees are not showing up.

You already know about the trees in Frontier Mountains , but the tent objects at sarnak fort/camps are not showing up either.

yep. i'm starting to see a pattern. Its problematic too, I need to figure something out.. Adding the trees/objects/etc cause it to run out of memory with the way its built right now..

Brainiac-- thanks for your comments on my post. I will get you the information by end of week. They are very mesh specific... so I will have to provide the mesh with which it happens. I tend to remap or create other workarounds, so not sure when the next time it will show up. When it does, I will screenshot, send the relevant mesh, etc.

Other answers understood.

It means your mesh is bad

So I've tried build meshes for Morell's and also Valley so far. I couldn't get either of them to work. My puller will often take off in an odd direction and I get the "No end reference" often enough. I guess I just don't know how to use the tool well enough.

Can anyone take a look at this mesh and see where I'm going wrong?

Attachments

• arelis.bin
    6.1 MB · Views: 3
Lowres. Can you attach a screenshot as well of the settings you used for generatin the mesh? Usually this happens when you set the tile size to be too small, and therefore create too many tiles (usually ~16,000 tiles is the maximum. You have to play with the values.

One o the issue is unfortunately the values for a given mesh are not saved along with the mesh. This means that you can't reload the mesh and tweak the values. You have to screenshot the final setting after you save the mesh and before you close the program or switch to a different zone. Hint hint... Brainiac-- would be nice to be able to reload the settings for a saved mesh...

@braniac Yes it was, I was just hunting in that area.

@joojoobee I have a lot of trouble loading meshes again, but I will try to rebuild it and screenshot the setting when Test is patched. I do generally decrease the tile size as far as I can (the app tells me when I've crossed that threshold) for some additional detail.

Brainiac, I have been unable to get the UI to physically show. When I /nav ui, the cursor shows there is an element under it but only the cursor changing to the windows scheme is all I see to know its there. I have reloaded UI files, cleaned and dumped new ones in the directory. Even went as far as removing my compile and reinstalling to ensure it was pointing at the right directory. I'm not sure what broke this but it has been this way a month or so. Any advice?

Brainiac, I have been unable to get the UI to physically show. When I /nav ui, the cursor shows there is an element under it but only the cursor changing to the windows scheme is all I see to know its there. I have reloaded UI files, cleaned and dumped new ones in the directory. Even went as far as removing my compile and reinstalling to ensure it was pointing at the right directory. I'm not sure what broke this but it has been this way a month or so. Any advice?

I was experiencing this sometimes last night, but only when I was using innerspace. Do you have ISBoxer/Innerspace loaded? I think its messing with the rendering of my overlay. I was able to fix it by unloading and reloading the plugin. Give that a try.

I think I know why its happening -- innerspace is creating a second graphics device and I'm getting hooked into the wrong one so nothing is visible. I need to play around with my directx hook and come up with something to counteract that nonsense.

I am using Innerspace/Isboxer. I have had it work on a couple toons when I loaded and unloaded all toons at once using /bcaa, but not with repeatable results.

Can it be changed to not even overlay in the game and operate more like the meshgenrerator. Making it a stand alone that could be told to keep it on top of the active window or allow it to be dropped behind?

I'll give it a whirl this afternoon when I can get on, I havent logged a toon in without innerspace in a very long time heh

Another issue is that the bot gets "caught" in some kind of update cycle and goes back and forth and back and forth between two points. Almost as if it gets to a point and decides another route in quicker, then when it tries that it decides the original path was right... and recycles in an infinite loop. There needs to be a way for it to "decide" if it catches itself in such a loop.

Brainiac-- what can I provide to help solve this issue?

Finally figured this one out. Hoping to have a fix for it in next major update.

So I added this plugin, got it working, and built my mesh. Is it supposed to help my pulling so my toons know how not to get stuck or? I feel like this is complex and powerful but I don't know how to use it beyond setting it up.

I see there is a change to the default kiss plugin coming to 9.1.9. Did I join the train for playing with this plugin too late?

This plugin rocks in conjunction with Kiss. You can set your puller tank to use nav mesh and it will run around objects / turns etc and pull mobs back to the camp. I don't know if it uses waypoints yet or not.

Great! Was it algorithmic or something related to the tile placement-- or other?

jjb

It was a combination of a few things, but once the problem was identified the fix is mostly just tweaking the existing behavior.

The issue occurred when the character would move along the edge of a mesh when there where other edges nearby. It was incorrectly moving the starting point to another part of the mesh which was triggering a recalculation of the path, usually leading to a backwards movement, which would put the player back on the mesh and then recalculate again.

Making a few changes to improve the behavior... 1) better identify a good starting point when movement occurs off mesh, 2) when updating the path weight the original, shorter path more heavily to avoid hysteresis.

This is big fix. That is exactly the problem that borked mq2nav using the ramps in Pok. You should use the the pok ramps in some of your testing.

This is big fix. That is exactly the problem that borked mq2nav using the ramps in Pok. You should use the the pok ramps in some of your testing.

POK is my MQ2Nav playground :)

I've got a level 1 there with 9 days of /played time lol

I can navigate to the front door of the library from nexus stone without any problems while moving at full speed. Still have a few things to tweak and some other goodies almost ready as well. It'll be a nice update.

That is awesome. With JooJooBee's new code we included in Kiss and other Kiss MQ2Nav fixes in KissAssist. 9.2 Monster Crush Edition this will be a game changer.

Have you been able to figure out the dreaded kunark tree yet?

That is awesome. With JooJooBee's new code we included in Kiss and other Kiss MQ2Nav fixes in KissAssist. 9.2 Monster Crush Edition this will be a game changer.

Have you been able to figure out the dreaded kunark tree yet?

Yes and no. I've figured out what the problem is and how to fix it, but the resulting geometry is too much to handle. It already runs really slowly, but the trees push it over the top and it stops running completely. I'm going to need a longer term solution (rewrite the mesh generator) but for a short term solution I'm still investigating.

Request - MQ2Nav Beta by Brainiac and Donation Kick Starter.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back