• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - MQ2Nav Beta by Brainiac and Donation Kick Starter. (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maskoi

old and salty
RedCents
81,386¢
This thread is closed, MQ2Nav is released and no longer beta. Please direct all new ideas/issues to the release thread:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/50965-MQ2Nav-Release-Thread

--------------

Brainiac Welcomes All of us to 2016 with the MQ2Nav Beta.

MQ2Nav is a complete rewrite from the ground up of MQ2Navigation.
It is built on all of the newest releases software that made up the core of the old MQ2Navigation.

mq2nav-mesh.jpg

NEW! MeshGenerator replaces the EQNavigation tool. Generate a MESH of ANY ZONE in the game 5 times faster.
New tools like bounding box

meshgen.jpg

No more crashing every time you zone
See the mesh in game
New Mesh Generator generates any zone

Please Donate to Help Finish MQ2Nav

Donate here

mq2nav amount raised.jpg
Current Amount raised $770
Redguides $250 + Members $520

Brainiac has been working on MQ2Nav for almost 6 months. This plugin is that complicated and Brainiac is a professional programmer. He is releasing the beta to us so he can move on to other projects that he is interested in. So to keep his interest and hope he will give us all a finished product we are creating the MQ2Nav Donation Kickstarter

Brainiac is one of the best MQ2 programmers that has every contributed to MQ2. He is very low key and behind the scenes. Recently he has started releasing some of his plugins to the public. When we heard about his MQ2Nav rewrite it was hard to contain our excitement. Redguides has been trying to find someone to Fix/update MQ2Nav for years but no one could do it. Brainiac did it.

This was a side project for him he has been working on for over 6 months. When we started talking to him he was losing interest in the project. He has agreed to release it in beta here at Redguides, once again the largest MQ2 community, so he could get feedback. We offered to start a donation funding campaign to help him with all his hard work.

For the first $500 Redguides will match every donation given

The ultimate goal is $1500

Please leave a note in paypal that your donating for MQ2nav
Please post you have donated with the amount.

PM me the amount if you don't want to post it.

Pledge $25 or more
We will design a custom avatar for you.

Pledge $50 or more
You will recieve a NEW! 2016 RedGuides 18"x24" poster calendar

Pledge $75 or more
You will get a free one month subscription to Redguides

Pledge $100 or more
You will receive our NEW! RedGuides Coffee Mug

RG-2016-calendar.jpg RG Coffee mug.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Random Stuff

1. Have a toon in game in the zone when you build the mesh.
  2. This will make the Meshgenerator recognize all the dynamic objects in the zone.
  3. MQ2Nav will automatically refresh the mesh in game when you save it from the

Last edited:
More info incoming tonight

Download the newest compile to get MQ2Nav and the new Meshgenerator.ex
e

MESHES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE OLD MQ2NAVIGATION

When starting the Mesh Generator for the fist time.
Select the root EverQuest and Macroquest2 folder.
  • Do not select your EverQuest > Maps
  • Do not select rour MQ2 > MQ2Nav

The MQ2Nav in game commands
Rich (BB code):
/nav [save | load] - save/load settings
/nav reload - reload navmesh
/nav recordwaypoint <waypoint name> <waypoint tag> - create a waypoint
/nav ui - Show UI Window

Navigation Options:
Rich (BB code):
/nav target - navigate to target
/nav X Y Z - navigate to coordinates
/nav item [click] [once] - navigate to item (and click it)
/nav door [click] [once] - navigate to door/object (and click it)
/nav waypoint <waypoint> - navigate to waypoint
/nav stop - stop navigation
/nav pause - pause navigation

Reported Bugs

Last edited:
Donated. A donation counter would be nice. Thats something i like to donate for. Lets hope that work better than mq2navigation :-)

Please post how much you donated.

If you don't want to post the amount please pm the amount so I can keep track.

$50 sent. Thank you Brainiac & Maskoi.

I understand how little this is in comparison to the amount of time I'm sure you have into this. I hope we get enough people to kick in for you.

I am pretty sure you can open doors with MQ2Nav but what you need to do is.

1. Have a toon in game in the zone when you build the mesh.
  2. This will make the Meshgenerator recognize all the dynamic objects in the zone.
  3. MQ2Nav will automatically refresh the mesh in game when you save it from the

Brainiac will have to clarify a lot of stuff but we will document it as we go along.

I closed the config window, and dont know which comand to get it back. Also, that window was 'clinched' (is that the correct word? had to use dict.cc for that :-)..) So my mousepointer had to be way below the checkmark or button to actually hit it.

Hello everybody. I'd like to thank everybody who has chosen to support my work through a donation. I appreciate it!

The time I have to work on this project is limited, as I've got a lot going on, so I wanted to make sure that people would have an opportunity to try out my plugin as I continue to work on it. The plugin is very much in a beta state, there is lots to improve and I'm sure there are some issues. Since this is a beta, expect some things to not work right, and expect some things to change.

Another thing that is very valuable to me is your feedback. Let me know what worked for you, and what didn't. Also let me know if you think you have ideas on how to improve it. Feel free to comment here or in a PM.

Thank you!

Can the maximal tile limit be raised?

Yes, to some degree. There is a display that shows you the limit and if you've gone over. If you're hitting the limit it will be bright red, its hard to miss. If you do go over the limit, you'll need to adjust your tile/cell size.

The navmesh library (recastnavigation) identifies cells and tiles by a single 32-bit integer. If you have more cells, you have less available tiles, and vice versa. You'll have to play with those numbers to get full coverage.

It isn't really within the realm of posibility for me to change how this works, as it would basically require a complete fork of the original source, and I do want to keep pull in updates to the library. (Bonus information: Recently, recastnavigation has been under new management and has been receiving some updates)

MQ2Nav is not drawing tile in any of the archways in Sul Vius Demi Plane of Life.

Spent 15 minutes trying differnet settings to se if it would draw no dice.

Mq2Nav will not navigate through here it just stops or 180s and goes a different direction.

It has been reported that it seems to be a common thing in the Broken mirror zones.

No tile.jpg

Great work, I love the little yellow line showing the path with /nav target.

One problem, the client will crash every time and instantly on load if Innerspace is running. It looks like some sort of divide by zero error. At first I thought it might be the .bin file, but I launch without innerspace and everything seems to work.

Great work, I love the little yellow line showing the path with /nav target.

One problem, the client will crash every time and instantly on load if Innerspace is running. It looks like some sort of divide by zero error. At first I thought it might be the .bin file, but I launch without innerspace and everything seems to work.

I'll take a look. Might be a conflict with the overlay.

- - - Updated - - -

MQ2Nav is not drawing tile in any of the archways in Sul Vius Demi Plane of Life.

Spent 15 minutes trying differnet settings to se if it would draw no dice.

Mq2Nav will not navigate through here it just stops or 180s and goes a different direction.

It has been reported that it seems to be a common thing in the Broken mirror zones.

View attachment 8673

Interesting. I'll add this to my list of things to look at.

Crashes if I launch a set from innerspace. It doesn't crash if I have innerspace loaded but not launch from it (i.e. desktop shortcut eqgame.exe)

causes EQ to crash when I try to load the plugin. I am using innerspace. Only have standard plugins loaded and made sure I did not load mq2navigation

I'll take a look. Might be a conflict with the overlay.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. I'll add this to my list of things to look at.

If you look when it builds the wall it doesn't seem to recognize the archway. Maybe some way to manually remove sections of a wall and put tiles in its spot ? or link one tile to another to create a pathway it will follow no clue.

Thank you everybody who has donated!!!

I'm looking into some reported issues.

I also wanted to throw out a reminder that MeshGenerator lets you change the bounding box, to effectively exclude certain geometry form the navmesh. Use this on zones that have super large geometry (like a flat plane) that isn't part of the zone, or if you have things like objects very far below the world.

Screenshot of an example! Check out the sliders at the bottom.

6454c1cd-7b72-4c27-8c43-1c82cb86050b.png

Could you please write just a few sentences how to build good meshes ? Currently i have no clue how to do TileSize and CellSize (Thats all i change, tbh). Mostly i do TileSize higher and CellSize lower. What i see while testing, that the toon runs into an tree and then go nuts (dont have to be a tree, can be something else).

Also, could you please add the option to break on kb ? (Like stick does with the activated option)

Currently i only tried it outdoors. But if i get more time ill try some old zones like sebilis.

Could you please write just a few sentences how to build good meshes ? Currently i have no clue how to do TileSize and CellSize (Thats all i change, tbh). Mostly i do TileSize higher and CellSize lower. What i see while testing, that the toon runs into an tree and then go nuts (dont have to be a tree, can be something else).

Also, could you please add the option to break on kb ? (Like stick does with the activated option)

Currently i only tried it outdoors. But if i get more time ill try some old zones like sebilis.

There is a stick break click box in the setting of the small ui window.

Request - MQ2Nav Beta by Brainiac and Donation Kick Starter.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back