• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Converting from MQ2.exe to ISXEQ (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
So as I understand it, ISXEQ would inject differently than the standard MQ2.exe thus possibly giving you more protection, that and its far more obscure since only a handful of people use it. I already know all the drawbacks (very limited and aged ISXEQ Client library (MQ2Plugin)). You'd also go from launching a secondary executable Macroquest2.exe to just integrating directly in with Innerspace. With all the changes and DBG starting to look at MQ2 this is always something I wanted to explore, just never had the motivation. Has anyone really attempted to use ISXEQ? I can compile it no prob and update the needed Clients, but is it really worth the effort?

in the original progression server era, I used ISXEQ exclusively. I was capable (like, you) of managing the development of my own plugins and scripts.

I think the biggest benefit is the more robust scripting language, and the built-in EQBC like capabilities. The biggest downside is you'll end up doing most things yourself due to the general lack of community support.

I love it, I only stared using it about a month ago, but I have compared it to Kissassist and found it to be faster in its response time and extremely efficient. It does have its drawbacks right now. Its functionality for EQ1 is much more limited than in EQ2, since its primarily developed for EQ2, so if you play EQ1 know that. For instance it will not run a moving tank, I have to use KissAssist for that, which does a wonderful job. Its worth checking out and learning.

The drawback is no community, althou MQ2 community is split in 3 vectors now with mmo, mq2, and red but it is still better
Have been playing on and off with it so let me know if you need any help

Would love to see more people use it so it builds some sort of community, I really should probably start posting stuff to mq2 isx forums

Discussion - Converting from MQ2.exe to ISXEQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back