• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

News - New DBG MQ2 Detection on Test server (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
8,490¢
Saw this on ole MMOBugs, was going to reply, but alas I am not a subscriber so I can't give them any contributions. Oh well, thought I'd toss this up here and say that I guess this is to be expected... but WTF are they detecting MQ2Cast for!?!!?!
MMOBugs.png

Could be a new way for them to detect it. The nogold plugin isn't an active hack to my knowledge. Same as cast but both were detected. Either that, or it could just be something about the compile over there.

Could be a new way for them to detect it. The nogold plugin isn't an active hack to my knowledge. Same as cast but both were detected. Either that, or it could just be something about the compile over there.

No doubt that DBG is targeting them otherwise they would of just gone directly for the kill with MQ2Main. I'm changing my MQ2Cast in my compile though, the rest of those plugins I haven't touched in a long long time and don't compile them.

I'm sure Maskoi will rename the MQ2Cast to something like MQ2RedCast or the like just for safety. I know Redguides stopped using active hacks years ago, and as you can see that was a pretty smart move ;)

the intent was for DBG to start going after active hacks on the new server (phinigel). they lumped some passive plugins in there like mq2bot and mq2cast. eqmule has been trying to work with holly to stop AFK botting and active hacks that people are abusing. he said all the passive plugins on that list should be getting removed as part of the Deal™. Which basically means fastmem, docrack, stealth, warp, piggyzone, fartaunt should be starting to be actively scanned for on your system on any server, and mq2 is not going to be compiled for phinny at all, and is totally offlimits. everything with "mq2" in the name will get added into a "known" but not banning for you using it. so saving your plugin to mq2redcast would still get detected. At any rate, either they will remove the passive ones, or else a bypass will be written in because that wasnt part of the Deal™. The only thing you really need to worry about is not using mq2 on test today.

I have personally committed to not providing mq2bot for phinny as part of being removed from that list. You will see as much on the mq2bot thread. And if they dont remove it, then i will just bypass their detection and there is no advantage to us starting a cat and mouse game.

the intent was for DBG to start going after active hacks on the new server (phinigel). they lumped some passive plugins in there like mq2bot and mq2cast. eqmule has been trying to work with holly to stop AFK botting and active hacks that people are abusing. he said all the passive plugins on that list should be getting removed as part of the Deal™. Which basically means fastmem, docrack, stealth, warp, piggyzone, fartaunt should be starting to be actively scanned for on your system on any server, and mq2 is not going to be compiled for phinny at all, and is totally offlimits. everything with "mq2" in the name will get added into a "known" but not banning for you using it. so saving your plugin to mq2redcast would still get detected. At any rate, either they will remove the passive ones, or else a bypass will be written in because that wasnt part of the Deal™. The only thing you really need to worry about is not using mq2 on test today.

I have personally committed to not providing mq2bot for phinny as part of being removed from that list. You will see as much on the mq2bot thread. And if they dont remove it, then i will just bypass their detection and there is no advantage to us starting a cat and mouse game.

Good point... ***Quickly runs back to Visual studio... I call this plugin dllhost.dll and this one Window.UI.dll and this one svchost.dll...***

LOL jk, that all said, I really hope they just limit it down to just active hacks.

The patch on Test is basically test for the Phingel server, which to my knowledge the detection was after some time disabled.
I suspect what they currently detecting and future changes of it will probably only affect Phingel Server and maybe other servers they will add later.

Eqmule ‏@eqmule Nov 24
There is mq2/multiple session/VMware detection in eqgame.exe on the true box server. Don't try to bypass it please. Just stay away from it.

Also as far as i know someone on that other site is capable of updating MQ2 , maybe that why they have several of there plugins on the watch list.

The patch on Test is basically test for the Phingel server, which to my knowledge the detection was after some time disabled.
I suspect what they currently detecting and future changes of it will probably only affect Phingel Server and maybe other servers they will add later.

Also as far as i know someone on that other site is capable of updating MQ2 , maybe that why they have several of there plugins on the watch list.
Nah. eqmule, redguides, and mmobugs are all in agreement not to make a compile or provide plugins for phinny. Abyss sometimes has a compile that he makes and some other individuals can make them for emu. That is why i have to individually disable my plugin so that it cant be used with any compile at all on phinny. The plugins on the list were likely because DBG didnt actually know what they do. They dont have access to the source code so they cant determine what the plugins do and dont do so they went on the naughty list. I'm not sure why mq2cast was on there other than mmobugs has a somewhat custom mq2main and mq2cast.

Nah. eqmule, redguides, and mmobugs are all in agreement not to make a compile or provide plugins for phinny. Abyss sometimes has a compile that he makes and some other individuals can make them for emu. That is why i have to individually disable my plugin so that it cant be used with any compile at all on phinny. The plugins on the list were likely because DBG didnt actually know what they do. They dont have access to the source code so they cant determine what the plugins do and dont do so they went on the naughty list. I'm not sure why mq2cast was on there other than mmobugs has a somewhat custom mq2main and mq2cast.

They probably figured it would allow you to cast stuff you shouldn't be able to.

Pretty sure DBG is smart enough to know what each plugin does. Hell the entire list is right here http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php/24833-Redguides-MQ2-Compile-Plugin-List
Bugs has their public list too.

As soon as word breaks to the public about DBG working with botters instead of banning them there's going to be a lot of backlash. We bring a lot of money to DBG but do they really want the reputation as a company that values "cheaters" over legit player? We'll see..

I'm a member of both sites and I know quite a few of you are also. Pointing fingers and saying Bugs caused all of this headache is little bit of a outreach. DBG is going after the people who are box afk. Active hacks are also on the radar but I think they just want a successful launch of this new server and not have the MQ community get in the way.

We have members here that box 6 different groups afk every day 24 hours or longer. We all do it and we all know it so please stop the finger pointing as it really is not needed.

Uh, who blamed this on Bugs? I read the entire thread twice and didn't see anyone say "this is all bugs fault!"

Dulak post has a mention of it not the active part but every time a similar post like this comes up there is always fingers pointed and if you want reference I can give you couple a few from other post that didn't take me long to look up. All i'm saying is lets not start that up

Re: New DBG MQ2 Detection on Test server

That would be funny if they ban all the mq2 users with one strike. The servers would be empty i guess. Atleast then i wouldnt throw 80,- euros every month toward DBG ;P
I am ok with blocking/banning active hacks, ppl shouldnt use that. And i like that eqmule/rg/mmobugs wont support phini.

I would be fine with DBG giving us FV and maybe 2 other live servers for MQ2 with no active hacks.

In the end if there are RMT'ers and people willing to pay real $, the cat and mouse will start again....Along with the and ban them all! Some people make a little krono/beer money, but some "companies" make a living with this stuff. Being able to distinguish those "evil money maker" (24/7 active hackers) folks from the people that just like to run there own groups (because putting on waiting for "LFG" group flags takes 80 percent of your play time to find a group..... (aka reason to use MQ2).

an updated MQ2Cast is currently in our newest Test server compile.

The other plugins are nothing we need to worry about, since we like to keep our accounts.

Last edited:
MQ2Cast is currently in our newest Test server compile.

The other plugins are nothing we need to worry about, since we like to keep our accounts.

Running the new Test Compile 11/26/15

Every time I start up MQ2 on Test, i get logged off within seconds, as if Test detected me.

The only plugins I add to the standard plugins are mq2moveutils, mq2melee, and mq2twist.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is being overblown. It's really not a big deal, this is just for Phini and they're testing it out on test.

edit: MQ2Twist might be nogo on Test server, looking into it

Last edited:
unless they changed .exe, all plugins on test are logged. They are sorting all your .dll into categories. active hacks are a nogo, passive should just be getting logged as known mq2 but no action taken.

I think it can work out well for the community as a whole with Eqmule cooperating, as long as it doesn't turn into Braniac 2.0 back from the 07/08 era.

Shut this thread down now before things get out of hand.
Dbg will be scanning for mq2 on the phinny server, we are not going to interfere with that scan in any way, and mq2 won't work on that server.
The scan on test right now is just that, it's a test.
If there are plugins not working on test now that are inactive, mq2twist for example, we can look into fixing them, just like we fix plugins for any other server after a patch that breaks them, but we are not going to mess with their scanner for any reason as long as it just affect phinny.

Shut this thread down now before things get out of hand.
Dbg will be scanning for mq2 on the phinny server, we are not going to interfere with that scan in any way, and mq2 won't work on that server.
The scan on test right now is just that, it's a test.
If there are plugins not working on test now that are inactive, mq2twist for example, we can look into fixing them, just like we fix plugins for any other server after a patch that breaks them, but we are not going to mess with their scanner for any reason as long as it just affect phinny.
..but.. i already went out and got myself a brand new tactical pitchfork :(

Tactical-Pitchfork.jpg

News - New DBG MQ2 Detection on Test server
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back