• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - DBG announces 1 box server (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know if you will still be able to boot up running isboxer on the new server? Aka can I put clients for the new server in the little boxes on my screen or would that be blocked by any new implemented code?

Also, one others may know here is say I want to run my isboxer characters on the computer with macroquest. Would I be able to load up another EQ client and play on this new server with MQ still enabled on the aforementioned characters I have running?

I have multiple computers and don't mind having to load them up individually but the issue is those comps will be running MQ2 as they're a part of my boxteam and almost always have my boxes on them.

great so when the exact same thing happens on that server that is on the other tlp servers I will be the 1st to laugh my fucking ass off, I can run 12 PCs and box that server if I WANTED To but again, why?

Let the complaining begin....

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if you will still be able to boot up running isboxer on the new server? Aka can I put clients for the new server in the little boxes on my screen or would that be blocked by any new implemented code?

Also, one others may know here is say I want to run my isboxer characters on the computer with macroquest. Would I be able to load up another EQ client and play on this new server with MQ still enabled on the aforementioned characters I have running?

I have multiple computers and don't mind having to load them up individually but the issue is those comps will be running MQ2 as they're a part of my boxteam and almost always have my boxes on them.

From what I understand they are going to use machine id so no

I might give it a whirl since massive armies of mages won't be locking down all the expansion content and screwing over everyone else. Instanced raids is also really nice and 90 day expansions.

great so when the exact same thing happens on that server that is on the other tlp servers I will be the 1st to laugh my fucking ass off, I can run 12 PCs and box that server if I WANTED To but again, why?

Let the complaining begin....

- - - Updated - - -

From what I understand they are going to use machine id so no

If they use machine ID that's fine because I will be running them all on different machines still.

I assume MQ2 will just give me an improper version warning when connecting to the new server.

They're supposed to be disabling mq on this server. And be they I mean MacroQuest2.com if I'm not mistaken I read that somewhere.

They're supposed to be disabling mq on this server. And be they I mean MacroQuest2.com if I'm not mistaken I read that somewhere.

That was discussed here too. It was stated that RG will disable MQ for that server as long as their competition does the same but if the competition allows MQ then RG will allow it.

Redguides official stance on the Phinigel server:

[tweet]668987785940856832[/tweet]

The players and DBG want a no-box server? They can have one.

I'd like to emphasize that it would be trivial for DBG to detect MQ2. Redguides users have avoided ban-waves (unlike other sites) because Maskoi & I know which toes should not be stepped on. Hacking MQ2 to work on this server is stomping a bloody, puss-filled sore toe, which would not only get everyone who used that hacked compile banned, it would likely have repercussions for every server.

Let me repeat: hacking MQ2 to work on this server will get your EQ account banned. It's no different from P99, except DBG has access to better detection than P99.

We welcome our users to post guides, exploits, and strategies for Phinigel, just like any other server. But for the sake of the entire scene, please no MQ2.

Last edited:
i cant even imagine going old school.. litterally dont have enough time in the day.. guess i shall stay on live

Definitely going to be a shock playing EQ without MQ2, lol. I'll miss the map the most.

ShowEQ will make a comeback (the packet sniffing version, not the memory sniffing one)!

i cant even imagine going old school.. litterally dont have enough time in the day.. guess i shall stay on live

I'm going to stay on live to avoid all the drama. Seriously, that will drown this TLP like it drowns every other TLP, MQ2 or not.

Redguides official stance on the Phinigel server:

[tweet]668987785940856832[/tweet]

The players and DBG want a no-box server? They can have one.

I'd like to emphasize that it's trivial for DBG to detect MQ2. Redguides users have avoided ban-waves (unlike other sites) because Maskoi & I know which toes should not be stepped on. Hacking MQ2 to work on this server is stomping a bloody, puss-filled sore toe, which would not only get everyone who used that hacked compile banned, it would likely have repercussions for every server.

Let me repeat: hacking MQ2 to work on this server will get your EQ account banned. It's no different from P99, except DBG has access to better detection than P99.

We welcome our users to post guides, exploits, and strategies for Phinigel, just like any other server. But for the sake of the entire scene, please no MQ2.

I always wanted to give ISXEQ a whirl ;)

- - - Updated - - -

On a more serious note: I'm pretty happy that the communities have banded together to make the server possible. It just shows how much of a different playerbase we have than the other crappy mmo games lol.

I always wanted to give ISXEQ a whirl ;)

- - - Updated - - -

On a more serious note: I'm pretty happy that the communities have banded together to make the server possible. It just shows how much of a different playerbase we have than the other crappy mmo games lol.

ISXEQ depends on MQ2 though, so i doubt without updating MQ2 for the server you will not get ISXEQ to run.

I deeply considered it since I had a bunch of NUC pc's that can handle EQ but I just came from 0-60 on P99 for the last year and the Ragefire scene works better for me. If there is enough desire/population for it, I'm happy for those that wanted it. If they dont like it in the other communities, its not helping keeping them there. You know us EQ'ers, we will play even if it makes us miserable!

ISXEQ depends on MQ2 though, so i doubt without updating MQ2 for the server you will not get ISXEQ to run.

Lets be honest here, I've been around the community for over a decade, MQ2 is completely open source... there will be some anti-server code that gets added, it will be EXTREMELY trivial to remove... The only way to make it less trivial is if eqMule buries it in a new macroquest.exe binary. If he does that it should lock out 99% of the folks, but it will still be doable since MQ2 has been established for some time and there is an history of that binary, and it would require some rewrites to make the old binary work. It really depends on how much time eqmule decides to dedicate to lock out folks from the server. If he only wants to spend 5 minutes, toss in some code into the mq2main.cpp then yea, it will take less than 5 minutes to undo. If he spends a good chunk of time, well god have mercy on the poor soul that tries to undo that, because eqmule is an extremely talented programmer and I'm sure it will be quite the time investment to undo it. I personally won't be playing on the server, because I want to respect the players, community, and yes, even DBG, but most of all the MQ2 devs as they are the ones that keep me playing EQ ;)

I might give it a whirl since massive armies of mages won't be locking down all the expansion content and screwing over everyone else. Instanced raids is also really nice and 90 day expansions.

ok here is how that's gonna go , no bot armys to get the tweak gear others are buying to get up to par . twice as long to reach targets . time elapse and the content opens faster than the players are winning them , them within 1 year that's 4 expan: released . will be worse than before and ppl WILL find a way to BOT I assure you this . everyone starts whining because they aren't caught up to the content , everyone wants there time to shine and when others get there faster the flip the shit and complain whin whin boo EFN who . fact is it will NEVER be as it was in 99

ok here is how that's gonna go , no bot armys to get the tweak gear others are buying to get up to par . twice as long to reach targets . time elapse and the content opens faster than the players are winning them , them within 1 year that's 4 expan: released . will be worse than before and ppl WILL find a way to BOT I assure you this . everyone starts whining because they aren't caught up to the content , everyone wants there time to shine and when others get there faster the flip the shit and complain whin whin boo EFN who . fact is it will NEVER be as it was in 99

Not really, everyone knows how to beat all the content. I could fly through an expansion in under a week. I just don't find it fun. Also there will be no contesting raid targets / everything will be instanced... so everyone will be caught up. 90 days seems a bit long in the tooth...

well this is true there really isn't a strat to old world , just kill and heal . I just don't think the numbers will be there . im amazed by what I seen last night just for fun logged into Vulak and there was only 2 ppl on the entire server . now if ppl wanted a server with no interuptions and bot armies why not just go there hehe

I mean its a whol;e server just sitting there not being used . why not try and populate it . I may try and build a raiding guild for it , if anyone is interested let me know .

well this is true there really isn't a strat to old world , just kill and heal . I just don't think the numbers will be there . im amazed by what I seen last night just for fun logged into Vulak and there was only 2 ppl on the entire server . now if ppl wanted a server with no interuptions and bot armies why not just go there hehe

I mean its a whol;e server just sitting there not being used . why not try and populate it . I may try and build a raiding guild for it , if anyone is interested let me know .

That's been my argument. If they want a server to just progress through normal stuff, go do it on Vulak, Vox or something like that. TLP is supposed to limit people to actually progress and "beat" an expansion. The gear treadmill in later expansions (PoP/Luclin is when it starts) will start limiting who can do what. The 90 release day thing needs to be much more variable. Or only the hardcore raiders who do their normal instance lockout AND the quick world boss spawns will ever do anything, the rest of the box will be left in the dirt.

Will Isboxer work across multiple computer on this server or lax plan to block it on that new server? I can live without mq2 ( beside the map ) but multiboxing the old way? across multiple computer this going to be sooo fun ...( see the sarcasm...) i dont mind to not bot or lead an army, but my guild moving there.....i sure would like to box 2 more toon and shsss without any Tools...i can do it, will i have fun to do it, not sure...

Praying for ISboxer to work at least across multiple pc, can someone lets us know if yes it will work or not?.

Will Isboxer work across multiple computer on this server or lax plan to block it on that new server? I can live without mq2 ( beside the map ) but multiboxing the old way? across multiple computer this going to be sooo fun ...( see the sarcasm...) i dont mind to not bot or lead an army, but my guild moving there.....i sure would like to box 2 more toon and shsss without any Tools...i can do it, will i have fun to do it, not sure...

Praying for ISboxer to work at least across multiple pc, can someone lets us know if yes it will work or not?.

How will any one be able to know this until the server goes live? sry smart *** comment there but unless you know some DBG devs your not gonna get an answer to this...

DBG have nothing to do with it, you can use ISBoxer and send command throught network to another computer or many, its working, it will work on the new server as well unless LAX decide it to not work on the new server not DBG, but i couldnt find somewhere if LAX will keep it working for the new server or not.

News - DBG announces 1 box server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back