• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Does MQ2 come with EQ play nice built in? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
9,002¢
I just installed it on a few of my computers which I box with, previously I ran 8 with 15-20fps and 7 with 30-45dps and now that computer is able to run 8 with 30-45 fps. Either some freak thing happened between installing and making MQ work or it it has EQ play nice built in.

I checked a few posts but couldn't find anything, anyone here able to confirm my suspicions?

MQ2FPS is a plugin that does some of EQplaynice FPS management in MQ2. The EQ client has also gotten much better a picking processors - also you might have picked EQ client resource options (memory management items disabling items in the client that make a huge difference). Kiss itself has been optimized and runs smoother!

I think the fps one is the only option I picked. What a shock it is seeing how much more I can box.

I used to lag when I ran my 32 box a little on each computer, now I don't lag at all on any computer. I am kinda curious how much more I can push each one now.

What kind of hardware do you have to run 32 at the same time?

I've found that the best Haswell CPU 4790k with 32GB RAM and SSD on a 100Mb/s net connection still struggles when 20+ boxing. You can do it but zoning and movement is not reliable. Changing focus between instances also becomes laggy.

My theory is that it is some bottleneck either with memory bandwidth or networking. The problems appear when you start adding EQ instances past 16.

EQ is quite CPU hungry but not so much GPU when you turn off most graphics options and minimize viewport for background EQ instances.

What kind of hardware do you have to run 32 at the same time?

I've found that the best Haswell CPU 4790k with 32GB RAM and SSD on a 100Mb/s net connection still struggles when 20+ boxing. You can do it but zoning and movement is not reliable. Changing focus between instances also becomes laggy.

My theory is that it is some bottleneck either with memory bandwidth or networking. The problems appear when you start adding EQ instances past 16.

EQ is quite CPU hungry but not so much GPU when you turn off most graphics options and minimize view port for background EQ instances.

You guys are awesome.

I have 9 PCs on my desk now, all quad core or i5 or i7 and I find 6 runs good on the old core2quad, 10-12 on the i5 quad and 20+ on the i7, I have a freakin army of toons! I usually run 3 groups of 6 + whatever I want on my main pc, a single or another whole group, but I am crazy! I can now box a 54 raid all by myself if need be

- - - Updated - - -

8gb ram min 16 is good but 32gb is king! about to put 64gb in my main pc to see what I can do....

I have 9 PCs on my desk now, all quad core or i5 or i7 and I find 6 runs good on the old core2quad, 10-12 on the i5 quad and 20+ on the i7, I have a freakin army of toons! I usually run 3 groups of 6 + whatever I want on my main pc, a single or another whole group, but I am crazy! I can now box a 54 raid all by myself if need be

I mean this absolut honestly: I find it funny and interesting what kind of fun other people get out of EQ. I love it. I have one mainchar, i play all by itself and 3 other accounts just to have small group for grinding or farming (only for myself, and even if i have 4 accounts and a small crew i am allways broke, since i never sell anything).

Question - Does MQ2 come with EQ play nice built in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back