• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Webpage display information in EQ window XML UI. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
Thought this might be a good idea for a plugin, live feed of a achievement/quest/tasks window in a html website. Would be pretty cool just leaving up the current tasks on a second monitor or many other applications. What you guys think?

It's a pretty nice idea.

You probably know this allready, but until someone wrote such an plugin you can strech your window over your second monitor and use /viewport to limit your character to the first window. This way you can use your second monitor for useful information like the quest window.

You can't drag ui elements out of the eqgame process, but exporting the elements is possible. That said the Task TLO is very limited and its not as simple as doing a ${Task.Description} or ${Task.Stage} or anything like that. So I'm not really sure how one would go about this, and even eqmule said he had no idea unless he expands the Task TLO which is no small task to ask for just me and a handful of people using it. So don't think this is going anywhere unless someone is talented enough to right a plugin that would read it direct from memory or grabing it from a UI element.

I would create a command and macro event that would broadcast the info you want to eqbc

/taskinfo or something

so you can see the info by hitting a hot key

Or an ini file that updates periodically that an external program could read

Exactly what information are you wanting to pull from EQ and display? Do you want Achievements, Tasks, or Shared Tasks, or all of the above?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, in the last release, the Task TLO was broken. I fixed it in my source tree. It shouldn't be too difficult to extend the TLO. It will take a little time though. I also added a TLO for the Quest history tab, but I doubt that will be very useful, and may not keep it.

Request - Webpage display information in EQ window XML UI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back