• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Downshit/Holyshit examples for Progression servers? (1 Viewer)

Skyjet2000

RedCents
555¢
Currently trying to learn downshit/holyshits and how to incorporate them. There is a disconnect for me while reading the various guides on this forum since almost all of them use examples of high level spells/aura/RK stuff that I am completely unfamiliar with. Was wondering if anyone had some useful downshit/holyshit examples for level 50 characters so that I might have an easier time learning how to do these.

They are part of mq2melee plugin. They are conditional if statements that you define and turn on and off. They are added to your mq2melee ini which is servername_toonname.ini

A holyshit is evaluated when you are in melee combat.
A downshit is evaluated when you are NOT in melee combat so for most casters, you only use downshits.

There are two parts the the holyshit/downshit. The first part if the on/off toggle.

You need an entry like this:
Rich (BB code):
holyflag0=1
holyflag1=0
downflag0=1
downflag1=1

In the above, holyshit0 is on but holyflag1 is off. Downshit0 and downshit1 are also on. These can be changed in game with /melee holyflag0=1 for example.

The second part is the actual condition.

The format is

Rich (BB code):
holyshit0=/if (conditions) /command

Let's look at a simple example

Rich (BB code):
holyshit0=/if (!${Me.Buff[Defensive Proficiency].ID}) /alt act 687

Above, the holy says if I don't have the buff Defensive Proficiency, cast aa with id 687 which is Defensive Proficiency.

Here is another example

Rich (BB code):
holyshit2=/if (${Melee.Combat} && ${SpawnCount[npc radius 50 zradius 10]}>1 && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Enhanced area taunt]} && !${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Wade in to Battle Rk. II]} && ${Melee.AggroMode}) /alt act 132

This one says if I'm in melee combat and the npc spawn count around me is more than 1 and my AE taunt AA is ready and my disc Wade in to Battle Rk. II is NOT Ready and I'm in melee agrro mode, I should do aa id 132 which is ae taunt.

As for TLP holies....I can't imagine needing many since there are no AA's....no discs.

Well you could use them for conditional spells and what not but I don't see anything that can be really used.

OK maybe when kunark comes out and I'm on enchanter and I want to do my color stuns based on npc radius? I can't really think of anything else.

They are part of mq2melee plugin. They are conditional if statements that you define and turn on and off. They are added to your mq2melee ini which is servername_toonname.ini

A holyshit is evaluated when you are in melee combat.
A downshit is evaluated when you are NOT in melee combat so for most casters, you only use downshits.

Thank you Calaxa for the more basic explanation on Holys and Downs.

• I found what appears to be the servername_toonname.ini you mentioned in the Root of the MQ2 folder. Is this the correct location I should be looking in?
  • Contained within each of these is a simple routine for [MQ2Rez] as such:
    Rich (BB code):
    [MQ2Rez]
    Soundfile=\\MQ2\mq2rez.wav
    [*]Root\Folder Removed to protect the innocent :#
  • If this is the correct file, what is the Tag name I need to use for Holys & Downs to work with in this workspace?
  • I've been trying to glean as much info as I can from the forums in the short time I have been here. I have gone through all the guides multiple times and am still looking for more info I can use for the Holys and Downs. Is there a Library or some Collection of valid arguments to use within these? Either on this site or another?

Thank you,
~TheFiddler~

Here is an example of my ini file for my bard (My mage doesn't have any downs set up right now). The tag is [MQ2Melee].

Rich (BB code):
[MQ2Rez]
Soundfile=C:\Program Files (x86)\EverMQ\mq2rez.wav
Accept=1
RezCommandOn=0
Command Line=/mac bardstart.mac

[MQ2Melee]
aggro=0
enrage=1
facing=1
melee=1
petassist=1
petrange=75
plugin=1
pothealfast=0
pothealover=0
resume=75
stickrange=0
version=6.030
holyflag1=1
Holyshit1=/if (${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Me.PctHPs}<40 && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fading Memories]}) /multiline ; /twist stop ; /alt act 212 ; /twist start
downflag1=1
downshit1=/if (${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${SpawnCount[npc radius 10]}> 1 && ${Me.CurrentMana} > 900 && ${Me.PctHPs}<30 && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fading Memories]} && ${Macro.RunTime} >1) /casting "Fading Memories"
downflag0=1
downshit0=/if (${Me.XTarget} >= 1 && ${SpawnCount[npc radius 50]} >=1 && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && !${Me.Moving} ) /multiline ; /if (${Spawn[${Me.XTarget[1].ID}].Distance} <= 50) /target id ${Me.XTarget[1].ID} ; /timed 50 ; /face

[MQ2AASpend_AAList]
0=Hastened deftdance|M
1=troubadour's blunt mastery|M
2=troubadour's piercing mastery|M
3=troubadour's slashing mastery|M
4=tune of pursuance|M
5=enhanced aggression|M
6=mental stamina|M
7=veteran's wrath|M
8=burst of power|M
9=finishing blow|M
10=mastery of the past|M
11=expanded mind|M
12=discordant defiance|M
13=innate regeneration|M
14=planar dexterity|M
15=planar charisma|M
16=planar stamina|M
17=planar strength|M
18=planar intelligence|M
19=planar wisdom|M
[MQ2AASpend_Settings]
AutoSpend=0
BruteForce=1
BankPoints=60

Question - Downshit/Holyshit examples for Progression servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back