• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2 question (1 Viewer)

thisnthat

banned
BANNED
RedCents
18¢
I've been looking around and I can't find a straight forward answer, does MQ2 work on Project 1999? A google search brought something back from 2011 that something like that was in the works but that seems to be all I can really find on subject.

Does MQ2 work on P1999?

If so does the program need to be modified in anyway to work there?

what features work on MQ2 on P1999?

Is it detectable on P1999?

I'm sorry if all this has been asked before I did use this forums "search" feature with no results to my questions so I'm "assuming" it hasn't been asked.

Thanks for looking :)

MQ2 works just fine but you do need a special compile for it which is not found here on RG.

Most features should work.

Important:
P1999 takes a very aggressive/active stand against MQ2 so it is much more likely you will be caught than on Daybreak servers. If you just use it for map (not /target across the zone, do not do that! or /stick or /face) you will not be caught, but again I heard that P1999 in general is ban happy so if you keep grabbing all the names in some zones you might get banned too.
It goes without saying that using warp would be stupid on P1999 just as it is stupid these days on Live servers.

Disclaimer: I've never played on P1999 so someone with first hand knowledge will have to correct me on erroneous knowledge.

The current policy on p99 is to install a dll onto your pc so that they can actively check if you are running macroquest2.exe

You agree to this when you log in. You will be banned unless you are able to hide that process. Abyss may have a working non detectable compile but you do so at your own risk.

Multiboxing requires a painstaking exemption or you will need to use multiple IPs. GMs will check on you vigilantely if people report you. You will be asked to perform many tests to prove you are not boxing. These include doing figure 8s with both toons, figure 8s going in opposite directions, figure 8s at different intervals, etc.

Question - MQ2 question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back