• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - RF Six Bot (1 Viewer)

Ragefiremoney

RedCents
30¢
Looking to upgrade from a three box into a six.
Current main is an enchanter and my current box is mage, druid, and necromancer. The three box works fine but sometimes the positioning in dungeon with pets tanking leaves something lacking to say the least. Especially with multiple mobs.

I was thinking of going SK, Mage, Mage, Mage, Cleric, and Druid.

Was possibly thinking of switching out Bard for SK given the ease of classic to Kunark content and because they're just so damn useful. Was also thinking of switching out the Druid for Wizard for the extra dps in exchange for the utility a druid brings.

I think also that during Luclin I would switch out a mage for a Beastlord and the druid would definitely go in exchange for the wizard.

I've never boxed this many so I'll take any advice I can get lol

In regards to that, what camps in classic-Kunark really require a mezzer that would justify pulling out that much DPS? Would you recommend pulling the Mage to Enchanter against a Bard vs SK? I would assume there's not really a script that will allow for the enchanter to charm and re-charm mobs? If there were then it would be a no brainer to throw an enchanter in there.

My box setup is Cleric,SK,ENC,WIZ, MAG, MAG.

I love this team, great heals, great tank, and mostly we have mez, nothing sucks more for me than to drag six toons back to the camp spot after a wipe and the ENC prevents any of this from happening.

I MAY swap out one mag for another wizard or necro (for undead) but thats just me.

This team can handle POFear,Hate and any dungeon infact, i chose the SK mainly for fd so we can do more dungones like HS (fav zone in the game) once its out.

I think that might just be the optimal set up at this point in time and probably for the near future as well ( up to PoP probably). It's a little different from my original set up but I get haste/slow/clarity and the increased DPS of a wizard over a druid and really only lose SoW and some strength buffs. I'm going to PM you a few questions as well if you don't mind : )

If you're playing old world content/progression server, slow is probably huge, like game changing huge. Mob has huge DPS and tank is barely hanging in there? Land slow and you can bind wound for heals.

Slow isnt that huge just yet. . The only thing I ever slow when grouping is golems in the hole. I have yet to come across a named or any other npc that it was needed for just yet.

With the damage mages do in TLP servers, you wouldn't need any kind of slow til Luclin for group content lol. I would stick with War/Cleric/Mag/Mag/Mag/Mag. Then just sell your mages on PA before velious ends, and level your new 6er's.

My box set-up in the making is a Beast, Mage, Wiz, Druid, Enchanter & a Necro.

Still raising up the last three but already OMG.

And yep all the pet classes have an Os Avus. It's total chaos with sometimes up to 15 pets on the mob at once lol.

hes on ragefire guys, lol remember that..

im doing shaman mage mage monk enc and wiz but i will prob swap out the shaman for a cleric here soon, only 35 at the moment on RF..

Hmm, thinking of going sk/mage/mage/bard/wizard/cleric for this first one given I already have a max level enchanter. Loses dps and some utility in the short term but bards become pretty fantastic for raiding and other high level content.

You cant go wrong with the bard, you have Healer,Real Tank, and mezzer in team.

Use whatever fits your needs or play style. For my play style Enc mezz way better than bards, to me this is the main selling point.
There are people that six box all mages and dont mind looking for ports/REZ.
My point is six mages work, and I wouldnt try changing their opinion if they enjoy playing six mages.

Just keep in mind your mana regen songs for bards wont be as effective (if the bard is pulling) since he will run out of range.

You cant go wrong with the bard, you have Healer,Real Tank, and mezzer in team.

Use whatever fits your needs or play style. For my play style Enc mezz way better than bards, to me this is the main selling point.
There are people that six box all mages and dont mind looking for ports/REZ.
My point is six mages work, and I wouldnt try changing their opinion if they enjoy playing six mages.

Just keep in mind your mana regen songs for bards wont be as effective (if the bard is pulling) since he will run out of range.

Was probably just going to use sk as puller for that reason. Thankfully sow pots are extremely cheap.

Question - RF Six Bot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back