• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Poll - Should Everquest merge one (or more) servers? (1 Viewer)

Should Daybreak merge one or more servers?

• Total voters

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,650¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Many players are asking for servers to be merged, especially on Vox and other low population servers. With Daybreak getting better at instancing static zones, there's an argument that multiple servers may not even be needed. However, mergers always cause issues with character and guild names - is it worth the hassle?

I already voted but it looks to me like they don't want to merge the servers at all. What brings me to this conclusion is I logged onto vulak several days in a row. I have seen days when I am only one there. I even decided to bonechip there (sigh...8 slots, 10 slot bags are max, had to run to ogv to buy bonechips and no one to even give me some starter plat). The max toons I have ever seen is 17.

I did not log onto trak and fippy, but their general chat had roughly 20-50 on there.

Zek can't be merged since special ruleset but surprisingly the number there was about 60-70.

Vox is actually not as low as you would be led to believe....the numbers range from 200-300 in general chat and probably the largest number in newplayers (roughly 100-150). This server will probably never be merged since DBG wants to steer any new players and returning to this "preferred server." Vox's culture will remain different because of this and it'll never have endgame there again unless there's a mass wave of people coming in. To put things into perspective, when I checked other "low pop" servers, the numbers were quite similar.

The "high pop" servers had 300-350 at general at the same time. I checked all except FV (since that is special rules). These were all checked during prime time during the week. Seemed to have a little more on weekends but I did not recall the numbers.

The thought of some of the major trolls moving onto my server makes me cringe. Here are my two thoughts...

1 - Merging servers to make sure that people who desire grouping, general help (how do I? Can I get a buff? etc), and over all social interaction have the support they need seems like a good idea. But then they could always just move their toon or start over. With the DB cash, it really only takes a few months for a Gold member to have enough to move a toon. No need to do a MAJOR server merge.

2 - Keeping low population servers is great for the anti-social people who really don't group and prefer to either solo or box, but all in all do things their own way. They make friends with a few people and they stick to that. On the flip side, these are the people who sometimes get so very sad playing the game... They play to decrease the loneliness, but find themselves lonely in the game as well. Now that I think of it... DB could really be saving lives by forcing people to socialize!!!

I play on some low population servers but the lack of any player to player economy is rough, you have to make/farm everything yourself which is a blessing and curse. Blessing because all camps are open but curse because it is so time consuming.

By comparison FV economy is fun to play around. I can just farm one item on FV and gear every slot.

So it would be interesting if all normal ruleset servers were merged into one mega server and every zone would be load balanced (that is instanced if too many people crowd it).

With the current state of the game, and the fact that most content is already instanced, I think it's a definite need. Even allowing xfers off of test to live servers would be a huge benefit. A lot of people played there when it was free gold, and all expansions.

Transfer from test to live would just wreck economy of any server. I personally just testcopied about 30MM pp and about 90 rares last night alone.

The mega server with instanced zones sounds like a good plan but think that would run into a lot of issues with the toon names etc. Unsure how they would handle it.

Don't think its possible to do one megaserver, if it was they would have done it with TLP.

Transfer from test to live would just wreck economy of any server. I personally just testcopied about 30MM pp and about 90 rares last night alone.

The mega server with instanced zones sounds like a good plan but think that would run into a lot of issues with the toon names etc. Unsure how they would handle it.

I didn't think of that, but there's no reason they can't offer naked transfers off of FV/Test/Zek, that way it preserves the economy. At this point, anything they can do to inflate server populations is a good thing imo.

I played on a dying server, and watched my guild crumble when there were no recruits to replace members. That in itself probably cost them 30-40 accounts. And from what I hear, my situation wasn't an isolated incident.

I didn't think of that, but there's no reason they can't offer naked transfers off of FV/Test/Zek, that way it preserves the economy. At this point, anything they can do to inflate server populations is a good thing imo.

I played on a dying server, and watched my guild crumble when there were no recruits to replace members. That in itself probably cost them 30-40 accounts. And from what I hear, my situation wasn't an isolated incident.

honestly the only naked transfer should be from test, even if FV people were to transfer their shit would become no drop at that point and they cant sell it... the only thing they could do would be to stock up on rare items that are not no drop and sell them, but that really wouldnt mean shit to other servers since they would just sell for under what they are already going for.

Poll - Should Everquest merge one (or more) servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back