• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 2 Computers, 6 Chars on Each PC (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
I have 2 computers, each computer has its own everquest installed, and its own MQ2 installed, and has 6 chars running on each PC - total of 2 PCs running 6 chars each (12 chars in total) all playing/botting in the same area near eachother.

Only one group has an enchanter, under her buffs, I put Clarity|NameOfCleric or Celerity|NameofTank

If I do Clarity| and put the name of a player that is not on the PC that the enchanter is on, will it monitor and rebuff that character with haste or clarity when it runs out? I want to make sure that the cleric in the other group (that is on the other PC with the group that does not have an enchanter) is able to get and keep clarity up at all times, because without it she has trouble keeping up with the heals, and if that works, then I can probably use the one chanter to keep the melee in that other group hasted as well, right?

My worry is that it might not work at all, or she'll sit there and waste all her mana casting and recasting clarity over and over again without realizing shes buffed or have any way to realize that the cleric is actually buffed with clarity or it has run out and is time to recast, same with haste

Also, I was wondering if there's anyway to ensure that the 2 clerics in both groups can keep an eye on eachother (I used their names in Xtraheal) but what if the cleric dies, will the cleric from the other PC/group rez her? is there anyway I can do anything to ensure that happens?

Any advice would be totally appreciated
Thanks fellas

Tywin Lannister, botting on the toilet ^_^

My computers can't support more than a couple of instances of EQ running.

What I did was share the MQ2Redguids directory (where MQ2 is placed).

I then create a shortcut to that directory on each computer.

This starts MQ2 from that directory, giving it access to all information in that directory.

This allows kissassist to use kissassistbuffs.inc to track buffs on all computers that are running Kissassist.

It also makes it so you only have to maintain on macroquest directory for updates and ini's.

I hope this isn't too confusing.

Given that you you KISS, thats not really clear by your posting, and it would be also in the wrong forum.

The buff section dont support names.

You do
BUFF1=Clarity|Caster
BUFF2=Celerity|Melee

PPL out of group will only get buffed if they are running KISS on the SAME computer. If they run on an different, they wont get buffed. Reason is, KISS writes buffs in KissAssist_Buffs.ini in your macro folder. So, you need to check with toon you start on which computer to get your buffs shared best.

What Randyleo wrote should work. Good idea imho.

btw, bookmark this post : http://www.redguides.com/community/...sAssist-6-Instructions-amp-Settings-Info#buff

I did the same ;P

My computers can't support more than a couple of instances of EQ running.

What I did was share the MQ2Redguids directory (where MQ2 is placed).

I then create a shortcut to that directory on each computer.

This starts MQ2 from that directory, giving it access to all information in that directory.

This allows kissassist to use kissassistbuffs.inc to track buffs on all computers that are running Kissassist.

It also makes it so you only have to maintain on macroquest directory for updates and ini's.

I hope this isn't too confusing.
This is a great idea. I will have to try it. Thanks Randyleo!

I have a gigabit network and I run 6 (well 8 if you count the 2 laptops) PCs with EQ and every one has an SSD drive and all pull from the server's SSD for MQ2 - if you have 8gb ram you can run 6+ if you have 16gb ram you can run 32ish

- - - Updated - - -

EQ loading and running from an SSD makes a HUGE difference in zoning and loading!

I have a gigabit network and I run 6 (well 8 if you count the 2 laptops) PCs with EQ and every one has an SSD drive and all pull from the server's SSD for MQ2 - if you have 8gb ram you can run 6+ if you have 16gb ram you can run 32ish

- - - Updated - - -

EQ loading and running from an SSD makes a HUGE difference in zoning and loading!

do you run all your eq instances from 1 folder on the SSD? (ion same comp obv?)

run an I5 with 32gig memory, 2gb videocard and anymore than 12 it gets bogged down, alth i dont run mq2 or eq from the ssd. currently run each instance of eq from its own folder.

run an I5 with 32gig memory, 2gb videocard and anymore than 12 it gets bogged down, alth i dont run mq2 or eq from the ssd. currently run each instance of eq from its own folder.

have you done the cpu affinity to =-1 in the eqclient.ini?

the reason i ask is when i had 2 instances running on just 1 core each after 10 eq sessions on 1 pc it would randomly shut down my PC until i fixed that

have you done the cpu affinity to =-1 in the eqclient.ini?

the reason i ask is when i had 2 instances running on just 1 core each after 10 eq sessions on 1 pc it would randomly shut down my PC until i fixed that

which one?
Rich (BB code):
CPUAffinity0=0
CPUAffinity1=1
CPUAffinity2=2
CPUAffinity3=3
CPUAffinity4=4

one of my other accs has
Rich (BB code):
CPUAffinity0=0
CPUAffinity1=1
CPUAffinity2=2
CPUAffinity3=3
CPUAffinity4=4
CPUAffinity10=2
CPUAffinity11=3
CPUAffinity7=3
CPUAffinity17=1
CPUAffinity6=2
CPUAffinity5=1
CPUAffinity21=1

so as you can see wouldnt know which to change ( I have in the past deleted all ref to CPUAffinty from the ini file and even deleted the whole file and started fresh before)

all of them, it allows every instance to use each core, cpuaffinity0 is the first instance you bring up, and then so on.. you should set them all to =-1 and that will use all cores

I run all EQ clients on the local SSD and I share the MQ2 release directory and files from a shared server drive so I only have to maintain 1 set of ini and macs

Raz do you run them from the same folder? or do you have seperate folders for each instance of EQ?

do you run windows from the SSD?

currently am running windows from the ssd which means i dont have enough room for more than a cple of EQ Folders. only got a 128gb SSD

Trying to set this up, and realized a possible issue:

If you share and use the same folder for mq2, how do you get mq2autologin so that it recognizes to login different accounts on different computers? Since the autologin.ini file will be the same for all computers accessing it, wouldn't that conflict? I would think autologin would try to keep login the same accounts across all computers.

Right now the only solution I can think of is, I need to make a symbolic link to the kissassist_buffs.ini file or if someone has a solution to get around the mq2autologin issue, I"m all ears.

set up the two groups of six as two separate profiles in autologin.

profile 1
char 1
char 2
etc.

profile 2
char 1
char 2
etc.

then on one pc you "load all" for whichever profile you want on that PC.

set up the two groups of six as two separate profiles in autologin.

profile 1
char 1
char 2
etc.

profile 2
char 1
char 2
etc.

then on one pc you "load all" for whichever profile you want on that PC.

Damn that's a Redguides compile feature. :argh:

I went ahead and did a symbolic link to the buff file to my main comp. I'm not sure if it will work, haven't tested it yet. I need to get some inis with some group buffs running on the toons to test it. Will post in this thread if it works.

Question - 2 Computers, 6 Chars on Each PC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back