• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Never had a welcome (1 Viewer)

RedCents
374¢
I was wondering why I have only seen my name once in the worklog thread, and that was for giving level 2 access to a friend. Just curious, lol.

The worklog thread serves two purposes:

1) To let other mods/admins know that the person has been given access, so we don't double-grant access.
2) To personally welcome our contributors back, they deserve a kind word since they keep this place going!

If you ever don't see your name in the worklog, it's because we handled 1) through other means. In your instance, Maskoi was sitting right next to me, so I simply told him you're back and he replied "excellent." That said:

mqm9k.jpg

Long story short
I was visiting him in Chicago

Short story long (pun intended?):

Excerpt from 'The Journal of Maskoi'
...dark and cold night in early June. Script updates needed to be completed and the boss was literally over my shoulder. The stress was obviously affecting both of us;tensions were high. I heard him mutter something about another user being given access, but I couldn't be bothered to inquire details. I had my own things to work on, and Treehuggindruid was on my back about fixing an issue with Bards not meleeing. A few hours later, I finally managed to find the issue and quickly exclaimed, "Eureka!". Redbot replied, "Yeah that show was okay, but we're not going to watch it again...". I told him about my triumphant victory over the K.I.S.S. code and we both looked at each other with excitement as this meant the night might finally be over. We decided to celebrate and one thing lead to another.."

Anyways, 9 months later:

i-d2a6db7cb643baa169ac5b1b14165f48-robotlizard.jpg

Question - Never had a welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back