• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What would you do? (1 Viewer)

dannuic

RedCents
15,324¢
I'm (probably) coming back to EQ and I can't decide how I want to play. Ragefire or live (or test?). Mild boxing or ridiculous boxing? I would like to raid with at least one character a couple times a week, but not much more than that. Can you complete raids in TDS/CotF entirely boxing? Is it even fun?

For live servers, I already have a couple of groups of level 100's on one server, and I don't mind farming plat to set them up with Krono (or even buying some Krono since I have a real job). But the idea of "challenging" myself on Ragefire to build everything from scratch with in-era loot sounds kind of exciting, too. I just don't want to poopsock again (I already did that on fippy/vulak => accelerated burnout).

I guess what I'm asking is what would you do? Inspire me!

If you have friends playing, join them wherever they are.

If not, I'd say regular server or test, since the grind on Ragefire is going to be harsh for a few years. Unless you have a serious hankering for nostalgia!

Personally I'm sticking with my crew since I want to explore TDS more.

You make a compelling argument. I'd actually like to work on some custom event scripts for bosses, that really gets my jollies rolling. I really liked HA's, too, so I can't imagine I wouldn't like TDS.

How feasible is it to get a full boxed raid group rolling?

There is no doubt in my mind, regular server all the way, playing on ragefire to me would be like watching a blockbuster movie on a black and white tv....

*shrugs* I'm enjoying Ragefire quite a bit, but then I enjoy a slower play style. Now that the hordes have started moving past the newbie content, I can settle in and take all the time I want to level my mage army.

Question - What would you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back