• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Question about adding additional member! (1 Viewer)

obii1kanobie

RedCents
63¢
I am curious on if i want to work up another toon for my group setup. I currently have a war, 2 monks, sham w/ j5 maxed aa wiz merc with j5 cleric maxed aa merc. I am debating if i want to drop the wiz merc out eventually and work up a f2p wizard or bard to add to the group. Im thinking either one will be benificialy to group, while bard songs will increase melee power. Plus would a f2p wizard outdps a j5 wiz merc w/ maxed aa's?

I don't think the f2p wiz will come close to the merc, it will be limited to 250 AAs. You could get around that by getting him to 90 and burn a krono on him and enable auto-grant to get it much higher though. It will keep AAs it has when krono expires. This has the added benefit of making it a silver account.

Yeah what Randy said would be the optimal way to do it. My maxxed j5 wiz merc only puts out like 20k dps at 105, where as my lvl 100 f2p wizards do closer to 25-27k(granted that's with an ench, merc only has a bard). Although with 2 monks bard would help a bunch. Though in the end I doubt bard adps for 2 monks, plus 4-6k personal DPS would make up for the advertised 50k sustained people say they are getting out of a wizard at 105.

Yeah what Randy said would be the optimal way to do it. My maxxed j5 wiz merc only puts out like 20k dps at 105, where as my lvl 100 f2p wizards do closer to 25-27k(granted that's with an ench, merc only has a bard). Although with 2 monks bard would help a bunch. Though in the end I doubt bard adps for 2 monks, plus 4-6k personal DPS would make up for the advertised 50k sustained people say they are getting out of a wizard at 105.

I get 50k out of a tier 3 wizard with a bard.

Seriously? What songs are you running on bard? Maybe I should cater less to my melee. I run my merc on burn all the time and haven't seen numbers like that. I'd be pretty stoked with double dps out of my merc.

Question - Question about adding additional member!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back