• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Poll - Will you play on Ragefire, the upcoming progression server? (1 Viewer)

Will you play on Ragefire, the upcoming progression server?

• Total voters

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,670¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Ragefire is an upcoming progression server, released for "maximum nostalgia". For example, it will take 6 months before the first expansion pack "Ruins of Kunark" is released. Are you going to give it a go?

761.jpg

what if we could get MQ on there? that would be sweet... and if they are rolling back to the original stuff does that mean #nodelay will make a comeback as well?

We're shying away from supporting MQ2 on Ragefire, if only to stay on Daybreak's good side. It might work, just don't expect official support from the admins here.

Besides, MQ2 didn't exist until LDoN / Gates of Discord. It wouldn't be true progression if we had it before then :)

what if we could get MQ on there? that would be sweet... and if they are rolling back to the original stuff does that mean #nodelay will make a comeback as well?

The no delay bug was fixed long ago. even though its progression it will still use the most current everquest.exe

Core MQ2 like the map and stuff should work fine on it.

The no delay bug was fixed long ago. even though its progression it will still use the most current everquest.exe

Core MQ2 like the map and stuff should work fine on it.

I guess that does make sense, does that also mean KISS could work on it as well? I am just looking at the possibilities of what could be done in the MQ community, not what I want or anything as I dont want to use active hacks.. just thought it would be cool to see it over again

Kiss will NOT WORK on the progression. I have no interest in making it work either. We intend to stay off of Daybreak's Radar but not supporting the new server at all. The biggest whiniest cunts are always the first ones to join a progression server.

Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh
Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh
Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh
Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh
Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh

First 3 months of every fucking progression server. God I hate those fuckers.

We're shying away from supporting MQ2 on Ragefire, if only to stay on Daybreak's good side. It might work, just don't expect official support from the admins here.

Besides, MQ2 didn't exist until LDoN / Gates of Discord. It wouldn't be true progression if we had it before then :)

But wait wait......how about bringing MQ original and showeq =)

Isn't that classic? Wait this isn't P99's forum?

I'm confused, unless daybreak runs the progression server off its own client like test, won't MQ2 work as long as its updated for live?

I'm confused, unless daybreak runs the progression server off its own client like test, won't MQ2 work as long as its updated for live?

It will use the same exe as live uses. They just disable stuff that kiss requires to work that were expansion features. I'm sure someone could get kiss to work for it with little work.

I'm excited since I always liked leveling in this game. Having self earned gear progression along the way will be fun. Opposed to waiting till 80+ and then using my higher levels to quickly gear up. Haven't logged on in over a month in anticipation for it.

Things I'm not looking forward to though is gearing up a rogue without modern poisons. No bst. No bers. Excessive competition for melee gear. Probably pointless to play a melee (Except monk) if you don't have real people to play with on a regular basis (good luck fighting over loot with your bots on this overpopulated server, You'll get pulled on top of all day in those old dungeons & memblured to hell and back).

Hopefully population drops fast before kunark comes out, so I can enjoy a bit of classic.

Assuming mq2 works; I'm sure xtar functionality will be disabled. Which will kill the majority of checks that are used for mezing/pulling/tanking/mezbreaking. Getting a dps up and running with camp or stick should be doable though by stripping down some of the existing macs. Like that older necro mac

I will probably write some simple macros, if I can figure out how to live without Xtarget.

Last time I remembered the XTarget function is there just not available to players. Not sure though. If the game is still sending you the data there could be a way to make it work.

I'd like to get it to work for even basic stuff such as map, auto button mashing (mq2melee), stick, etc. KISS would be sweet and it'd definitely change the ideas I have for the new server, but without it I'll likely only play 1 + 1 bot (healer or something).

Is there something significantly different about Ragefire compared to Fippy?

Or was was Kissassist simply supported on Fippy? cause I know kissassist worked just fine on Fippy.

Is there something significantly different about Ragefire compared to Fippy?

Or was was Kissassist simply supported on Fippy? cause I know kissassist worked just fine on Fippy.

Again, this is not a technical issue. The fix is trivial, and at least 1/3rd of the community here could have it running in 10 minutes.

The point is that EQ is fragile and Redguides would rather focus on Daybreak's goal of making this server a success, rather than help a few l33t dudes to 50.

After a few expansions when the game becomes a terrible grind and everyone hates it without us? Yes, because we're needed. Before then? No.

Last edited:
Would I buy an Atari 2600 and play pong or space invaders, fuck no! same answer to same question

I would play on Ragefire daily...

But only if i could use the old school UI exactly as it appears in Redbot's post up top :)

Pretty sure I'm the only one that misses that god-awful UI. The spell gem icons and effect graphics still crack me up when i see them. So damn nostalgic.

My druid had her face eaten by lions so many times back in South Karana because of that spell book bs. I do not miss it all.

Poll - Will you play on Ragefire, the upcoming progression server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back