• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2 Raid Force (1 Viewer)

RedCents
659¢
Hi RedGuides,

Me and a friend of mine decided to come back to EQ, might be Progression server or just live servers. Before going deep in MQ2 documentation and file setups, we have few noobish questions.

- How easy is it to setup 3 groups raid force with MQ2? i mean by setup, all routine raid stuff that any toon can do like curing, hitting the right discs, DPSing, offtanking, etc. Is it easy to run a raid event by two real players?

- Can we make a raid force out of silver accounts? maybe two gold accounts for main tank and healers, etc.

- What kind of raid content MQ2 had a story of success?

Hi RedGuides,

Me and a friend of mine decided to come back to EQ, might be Progression server or just live servers. Before going deep in MQ2 documentation and file setups, we have few noobish questions.

- How easy is it to setup 3 groups raid force with MQ2? i mean by setup, all routine raid stuff that any toon can do like curing, hitting the right discs, DPSing, offtanking, etc. Is it easy to run a raid event by two real players?

- Can we make a raid force out of silver accounts? maybe two gold accounts for main tank and healers, etc.

- What kind of raid content MQ2 had a story of success?

I can't imagine a old world raid force would be too terribly hard since there aren't many scripts to follow but newer raids would be near impossible.

i some what disagree, there are a few events near the end game that i would consider easier then most that would be doable,
but you would for sure have to have the right makeup, you wouldnt be able to do them all. but im certain a few would happen

This will go back to what you consider a raid force and what content you are attempting. A 3 group 6 box between two players isn't that hard to set up. It can do the discs, dps, cures, and possible offtanking/healing if you have everything configured properly. The greatest difficulty is setting up and positioning as well as moving to the raid. Can this be done? Yes, I've moved 30+ toons by myself as well as between 2-3 players.

Can you make a raid force of silver accounts? Well this will go back to what content you are trying to hit. Most tank and spank ones with little mechanics can be done and if you have issues, just add more accounts and zerg it.

What content you can do will depend on how developed your toons are and how well your scripts work and respond to emotes/etc. If it's simple mechanics, just set up, auto attack and everything should go smooth. Few years back, I did a 24 man script for SSRA emp on an emu. Took a lot of effort to write but doable. On live, I have done some of CToV and some of the plane of war named. When mechanics becomes heavy, that's when it breaks down and you will need more complicated macros.

i some what disagree, there are a few events near the end game that i would consider easier then most that would be doable,
but you would for sure have to have the right makeup, you wouldnt be able to do them all. but im certain a few would happen

Which do you think could be botted?

From cotf I think etwk 1, bixie 1, dead hills 1 and 2, neriak 1 and 2.
From RoF most of CToV, SL, maybe EW, maybe Kael, velishan.

I think all those can be done with enough boxes.

From cotf I think etwk 1, bixie 1, dead hills 1 and 2, neriak 1 and 2.
From RoF most of CToV, SL, maybe EW, maybe Kael, velishan.

I think all those can be done with enough boxes.

I don't think any of those cotf ones would be bottable without making your own scripts for the event. They can go south far too quick. Especially with a fresh bot army? He'd need to buy a couple tanks with raid gear and hope they don't bite the dust.

Yes, you asked what can be botted? Those raids I think have simpler mechanics. You're not gonna run 18 fresh toons through them. I think the only thing that 18 fresh toons could do might be tick tock raid in HoT or some of the tank/spank in SoD. And I also said with enough boxes. RoF we're probably looking at 20ish as minimum of average to good geared toons. CotF, I think you will need 35-40 as a minimum of well equiped toons.

Yes, you asked what can be botted? Those raids I think have simpler mechanics. You're not gonna run 18 fresh toons through them. I think the only thing that 18 fresh toons could do might be tick tock raid in HoT or some of the tank/spank in SoD. And I also said with enough boxes. RoF we're probably looking at 20ish as minimum of average to good geared toons. CotF, I think you will need 35-40 as a minimum of well equiped toons.

Ok. I hope someone does it and posts some kind of video/proof. I just don't think COTF+ raids can be botted yet. It would be an impressive accomplishment though. :)

etwk 1 can definitely be done. No elaborate mechanics at all....Kill 5 waves then one big boss tank/spank.
DH1 can be done if enough dps (probably field a full 54 box army though)......just burn down Xulous and stall the maggots as much as possible...get that splash heal automated.
Bixie 1 I incorrectly listed a bottable....I forgot about the drum clicks.....probably would be a pain...maybe can write something for that.
Neriak 1, 2 named with adds....don't think mechanics are tough on this one but need to be flagged for prior 2.
DH2 is 4 named...should be boxable but forget flagging requirements.
neriak 2, dps prince, contend with waves of adds on other side.....no elaborate mechanics....flagging issues though I believe.

Come bring your box army onto same server as mine and we'll do etwk1 together...I need 1 more full dps grp lol...bring 2 dps grps....I don't want to spend 40mins dpsing deathmaster

etwk 1 can definitely be done. No elaborate mechanics at all....Kill 5 waves then one big boss tank/spank.
DH1 can be done if enough dps (probably field a full 54 box army though)......just burn down Xulous and stall the maggots as much as possible...get that splash heal automated.
Bixie 1 I incorrectly listed a bottable....I forgot about the drum clicks.....probably would be a pain...maybe can write something for that.
Neriak 1, 2 named with adds....don't think mechanics are tough on this one but need to be flagged for prior 2.
DH2 is 4 named...should be boxable but forget flagging requirements.
neriak 2, dps prince, contend with waves of adds on other side.....no elaborate mechanics....flagging issues though I believe.

Come bring your box army onto same server as mine and we'll do etwk1 together...I need 1 more full dps grp lol...bring 2 dps grps....I don't want to spend 40mins dpsing deathmaster

I don't have a whole army :(.

K1 would be the easiest but the AEs would eat casters who aren't geared well enough.
DH1 you're forgetting about the clouds and the adds that spawn when people die with the dot.
Neriak 1 has a viral AE which would be a pain. 1 missed emote could wipe it.
DH2 should be easy especially with a couple zerkers/rangers/rogues in the mix since they will randomly hit the mini-bosses for > 1mil
The end guy for Neriak 2 wouldn't be too hard... but the first part with the AEs around the mobs could pose a problem.

K1, overcome the AE by chain stun and high AE DPS....go farm CToV for gear......I said well geared...not naked toons....well geared means 100K HP min
DH1, I didn't forget that....I'm suggesting overcoming the mechanics by massive dps on boss only. I don't remember him being shielded etc so just burn, burn, burn. Splash on the maggots while a grp or two of melee occupy them.
Neriak use mq2events for emotes to run away

I never said you can do these with a light force. You asked what is boxable.....you still need to box 30+ toons at a minimum. These are just lower mechanics raids that is possible.

My current force is too light even for etwk 1 and that is hovering at 35 well geared toons.

I'll test viability of viral ae emote on CToV dragons this weekend. I'll start on Cekenar since I have that emote....I'll prep by getting his debuff too so probably write some trigger that says /moveto loc whatever if emote appears and to be doubly sure, have an event that says move again to that location if you got debuff on. I'll probably post a healer there splash healing at that spot. If this works, I'll test on Zlexak. I don't remember his emotes as well or how to get rid of the effect so this might be a massive fail but if I can get these down, then this would demonstrate easily overcoming a simple run away type mechanic.

I have ideas for aary as well but this will take effort on my part to customize the scripts even more to face away etc. The problem with CToV loot is that it's only slightly better than TDS t2 grp and I just end up gearing my f2p accts.

I'm seriously considering just leveling 6 more f2p wizzies to add more burst dps. I don't like taking 10-15m to kill a dragon. I want to burn them down in 5. Hmmmm maybe I need 12 more wizzies

The best strategy for boxing a raid is usually to pile up as much as you can and splash heal like crazy. Hence why light mechancis is preferred.

I've done Shard's Landing with 3 groups, ran by 2 people... but our toons aren't 'fresh' toons, they've got progression, clickies, max aa, ragtag raid gear, they're all gold, augs, tribute running...
For raids where you have to move to avoid AEs, MQ2Events is very handy.
I don't like using silver accounts because they suck...they're unable to use good augs, most gear...
The hardest part about doing this is the raids that are 'easy' are also behind several flags... In order to do DH2(which is easy easy) you have to a lot of other raids, that are not easy, to be flagged to get into the zone.

Shard's I think might be easier with less people because of the whole murder mystery thing and having to guess the murderer. This one is the one I was thinking 20 toons (well I guess 18 is min but they better be a good 18). Wirl, you mind PMing me with some box strats for this? I'm thinking of just trying it out and am unsure if I bring my entire army or just half. I'm interested in dps needed, mitigation needed for HP, how you accomplished target switches.

Yes can't do splash with KA without modding it to my knowledge

I haven't modded KA myself to do this but I think I will just create a simple mac for a dedicated healer and just have him cast splash, then dig up snippet of code to click center of my screen or something (unless there's a way to click absolute location...maybe a campfire?) Then just loop it as a timer.....those are my thoughts on this.

Last edited:
I guess I never did follow up on this, so I'll give an update. I'm able to box the following CTOV dragons solo (meaning no one else is actually controlling them except for me)

Dagarn the Destroyer,Jorlleag,Lady Mirenilla,Lord Koi`Doken,Lady Nevederia,Sevalak,Cekenar

All of the above were straight tank and spanks with only Cekenar requiring an event trigger and Nevederia requiring a /bcaa //moveto loc command every time she throws you out. I've done this with 32 toons.

I've done Zlexak with 4 real players (48 toons). We've tried about 6 times before we got this one down. Just kept adding more and more dps until we could just overcome to mechanics of trying to hide from filth.

Lord Vyemm, tried 2x.........I'm sure I can zerg this one but just a pita running down to him and losing like 10 toons before we even engage from his stupid toss.

Lord Feshlak, I've done this 3x, each requiring around 4-6 real people. I didn't realize until later how easy the crystals actually are to break. Just need 2 people dedicated to destroying these.

Aaryonar, attempted 3x....best effort was down to 4%. I think I just need proper positioning

Lord Kreizenn, never attempted.......worried about ooze

Vulak`Aerr, obviously haven't tried if I'm missing a few above.

ETWK1, I tried a few months ago with 4 people, 42 toons. Only was able to take out 2 waves before wiping. I think I just need better positioning. Warden AE wiped a lot of my casters before I fully engaged.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's last time we went out there, 4 people for a total of 42-47 toons (and yes they are basically running slightly modified KA with some event triggers). I've heard of people doing these with 12 toons but I don't like spending all day.

Dagarn the Destroyer in 287s, 262395k @914267sdps (1-13 wizards, mage , monk , rogue)
Sevalak in 157s, 237665k @1513789sdps (1-14 wizards, rogue, monk, mage)
Jorlleag in 327s, 304565k @931390sdps (1-9 wizard, 10 mage, 11-14 wiz, rogue, monk, ranger)
Cekenar in 216s, 221548k @1025685sdps (1-10 wiz, mage, monk, wiz, rogue, necro, ranger, rogue)
Lord Koi`Doken in 485s, 232025k @478401sdps (1-3 wiz, rogue, wiz, wiz, mage, wiz, monk, wiz)
Zlexak in 354s, 249761k @705539sdps (1-12 wiz, mage, rogue)
Lady Mirenilla in 489s, 219482k @448839sdps (OK, this one was a total disaster for us..........half the raid force didn't follow in...normally she's more like sub 300s)
Lady Nevederia in 268s, 215245k @803154sdps (1-12 wiz, rogue, mage)

When I first started doing CTOV back in feb, it was about 32-38ish toons and each dragon was about 10-12 mins. Lots of 100, silver toons with just latent gear, etc. It's gotten a LOT more caster heavy cause wizzies are just OP.

That last one was 15 wizzies, 4 chanters, 2 druids, 2 melee grps, 3 warrs, and 1 sk....I think I booted 2 tanks because I wanted more wizards.....was trying really hard to see if I can make a 2m dragon kill but didn't happen. Sevalak was just a little over 2.5m as you can see.

Gear is mostly rof raid t1 (gelid) and tds grp 2 (tideworn). The silver accounts wear latent usually. Some assortment of pow drops. Some tds rares on the tanks but you can see that almost anyone can tank with the dps I'm bringing. It takes me longer to log in everything and move to spot than to actually do these encounters.

Oh yeah...it's like a real raid....lots of toons stop doing anything, twiddling their thumbs....just like afk ppl at raids.

Actually, there is one guy in my guild who doesn't know I'm using MQ.........I disconnected while boxing 21 toons one time so he thought raid was cancelled......I spent the next 30-40 mins having to log each one back on. I'm sure he must know now lol.

I'm gonna see how long it takes for me to kill a pow named.......last time they used to take 60-90s..........I wonder if I can get it down under 30s lol

It is actually FUN to raid now, thanks to the effort of Cal and the team, downing a raid boss becomes a lot more about proper kiss setups (or afnuke) and proper eqbc control of all your toons. Its challenging but so satisfying when we slaughter a CTOV dragon in 2minutes! I am moving/leveling more and more toons to raid with, but mostly wizards.... hehehe suck it mages! lol

Am I mistaken or is it still near impossible to MQ2 free target spells? I know there were issues a few months ago. This is something I would love though.

I did have a simple loop doing splash heals but it didn't work as well as I had hoped.

Was something like cast splash, click left center, delay 18s, loop. One cleric splashed the right spot, the other was splashing where no one was. Both clerics got eaten by boss mob who didn't really appreciate the splash going on.

would really like to try some CoTV raids or tier1 raids in voa up. either of you guys mind sharing detailed info on how you do it? minimum raid make up i'd need? assume most of my toons are f2p in RoF t1 gear for casters and CotF/TDS tier1 for tanks n melee.

VOA has heavy mechanics no? I remember the argath one does with the golem on the ramp...summon tanking, casters hiding behind corner etc.

CTOV is real easy. I think you can do this with a force of 12 if you willing to beat on a dragon for 40+ mins. If you want about 15 min dragon, bring a force of 20+, If you want about 10m, you need about 30 toons.

The key to CTOV is setup. Aary is probably the 3rd hardest dragon so not a good one to start with. Unfortunately he sees invis. What you should do is suicide a mage into aary. Have a rogue corpsedrag him to the hallway by vulak and rez him with a token. Coth your raid force there. Do NOT accidentally engage vulak otherwise have fun rezzing again. Clear all adds in each hallway that you plan to do.

When you are ready, you will be pulling dragons into the little cubby where PoM castle is (yes the castle is there but doesnt work). If you are worried about rampage, have healers outside cubby by one of the posts.

Pull the non perma rooted dragons into there. You can start with Sevalak to see how you fare. He is by far the easiest dragon. He's one of the 3 triplets....just pull him, fade, and reaggro him. He is slowable, no mechanics. He does a blind (very rare), melee slow, and a gflux I think. He is slowable and has low hps (200MM or so).

Then try Dagarn the Destroyer. He's not slowable, rampages, but otherwise no mechanics.

If you are through both of those, try Jorlleag. He's by Lady N. Pull him, fade the aggro off Lady N, reaggro him. Save your burns cause he will heal at 15%. It's a DPS check dragon.

If you're still doing ok, try Koi. pull him, fade off Lady M, reaggro him. He has a slow mana drain and he pushes everyone everywhere. He's also very magic resist.

Cekenar u need an emote trigger. You need to run away when u get lightening as two ppl with lightening will do a nasty pb ae.

Then move onto Lady M and N who are perma rooted.

Your raid force should have at least 70k HPs for each toon. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks Calaxa, will be at least another week before i try raids as broadband doesnt go live till then.

will probably go in with 1 tank grp..1 full melee grp and 3-4 grps of casters and see how that goes.

You should be fine. Just remember most of these are belly casters so the casters will have to be right on the dragon. All gear is non prestige, so it's good for your f2p toons and the gelid is about as good as tideworn for melee/tanks. Not so good for casters though

you should twitch a tov run. with names off to protect your team. i'd love to watch shit like that. i can barely get my 6 box to run properly, but i've always been fascinated by the people or peoples who run entire raids with mq.

So tonight we played around in CTOV again to see how we can box the "harder" dragons. We first started with Aary which we had gotten to 4% before (which really sucked). Razkle took initiative and made us some ancient hedgewizard brew to help with our dps. We set up a little better this time with healers on opposite wall by the firepot. We placed a big pile right where we planned to place aary.

Before fight, I sent a command to all toons to target me and then /face away. Mechanic for him is you must face away when he stares at you else you pb nuke the raid. This is in our event trigger and was tested as working before.

Unfortunately did not have my logging enabled but mq2dpsadv reported 155s fight with 1.7MM dps. (7 people playing 54 toons)

Feshlak, we've done before and this time we just had dedicated toons (about 2 groups) on assist on one person. That person's only job was to target crystals. Fight was 301s (7 people, 54 toons)

Kreizenn, our first attempt did not go well. I've avoided him because he has no emote for the ooze. Once you get ooze, you get a debuff, which coupled with his breath sends a pb ae. We started our first attempt with a zerg. One third of force wiped. First attempt 28%. We recovered and though it through how to do it as boxers. If we were 54 players, Kreizzen is one of he easiest but as boxers moving 54 toons, we needed a better strategy. There's a small hole that we placed the healers in. Our idea for 2nd attempt was to go in only with tank, and bring dps'ers down one by one so they are not clumped up in one spot. This seemed to work well as we had Kreizzen down to 50% before I even borught down half the wizards. However, it soon went south as the ooze fell into the healer cubby. I also found half my boxes actually weren't even engaging. It took about 3 mins to get him down to 50%. Was still steady at 7 minute mark but he was tossing all casters out of range. By 9 minute mark, we had him at 4% and dps was crawling. I checked each toon and found many had stopped engaging for some reason. We did finish him off at 11 minutes 38s but that last 4% was only about 5 people engaging as scripts stopped working for some reason. (6 people, 53 toons)

We had one dragon left (besides Vulak) which is probably the worst one there. We hadn't attempted Vyemm in a few months. Seems his guards are rooted as I couldn't pull them out of his pit. Again we decided to zerg it and kill his guards first. Went in and tank goes down immediately. We wipe but at least we cleared his guards for 2nd attempted. Recovery took forever as only 2 people could drag him out of pit. His mechanic is the floor his slippery and pulls you in, he tosses everyone every few seconds including the tank. He also wild rampages hitting everyone and flinging everyone everywhere. First 50% was nice and smooth.....we're thinking we got this beat. I'm watching the tank and thinking uh oh...last stand is fading. Tank goes splat and we having discussed tank swaps yet. Only managed to get him down to 46% after that. Didn't try again but obviously this one needs a tank swap which we will have to coordinate as boxers. (5 people, 52 toons)

I hadn't planned on doing Vulak but now that we CTOV has been almost cleared except for Vyemm, I will have to think of strategies for a box raid force to do his mechanics.

I also want to note that this was the first time I tested my auto DI and it worked well. My tank has this holy:
holyshit26=/if (${Raid.Members} && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && !${Bool[${Me.Buff[Divine Indemnification Rk. II].ID}]}) /bc I need DI

basically says, if I'm in a raid and i'm in combat, and I don't have DI, say I need DI to the eqbc server.

My dedicated cleric for DIing the MT has a corresponding event trigger:
[DI]
trigger=<#1#> I need DI
command=/multiline ; /target #1# ; /casting "Divine Indemnification Rk. II" -maxtries 2 ; /bc Casting DI

I had tested this in group grinding by removing the raid TLO but tonight was first time I used it in a raid. I really wish there were a reliable way to script free targetted spells like splash and issuance of spirit.

Hopefully, we'll give some harder content a try but obviously the limitation we have is such few people controlling so many toons.

Question - MQ2 Raid Force

Users who are viewing this thread

Back