• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Rookie Question... (1 Viewer)

endgame

RedCents
53¢
Hello Community. Just started using the service, having alot of fun so far. Kiss works pretty well out of the box. The first question relates to mq2melee I believe, while the 2nd I think could be a known issue... Move this post to level 2 if needed, wasn't sure where you wanted it

Question 1: Warrior/Bard/Cleric team, the Warrior engages and when the mob reaches 95% health the other 2 engage as well & melee, the problem I am having is the warrior is chain taunting ( I don't know how to stop him from doing this ) and the bard or cleric are standing closer ( some sort of default distance sticking thing?? ) The bard or cleric are almost always being hit as apposed to the warrior which is not desirable... These are lower level characters so no AAs to use.

Question 2: Mage/Bard/Wizard team the magician is the pullerpettank role and once mage pulls any adds, the 1st mob is killed, and the 2nd is mezzed indefinately by the bard, and the mage stops attacking and never targets anything..

I am new so I don't know how to make these fixes, or if I just missed something easy.. Thanks!

1. Set the warrior up as main assist, not assist at %x. He should engage as soon as the mob gets to camp and will do better at maintaining aggro. Set role=tank in the ini file, target yourself and run kissassist. Have the bard and cleric assist at 95%. You can stop the chain taunting by removing taunt from MQ2Melee, and using holyshit to taunt when you don't have aggro. There are some guides to MQ2Melee that explains both. Set the cleric back a little when you start kiss, unless you are having him melee. But change that engage at 95%, that is starting you well behind in hate generation and requires a successful taunt to even get back in the game.

2. Did you set a valid spell in the PetBreakMezSpell part of the ini? The pet cannot break mez, the magician does it, then immediately sends in the pet. Put a small nuke as your PetBreakMezSpell. Consider switching to an enchanter in this group, as the bard cannot melee without aggro (character/merc aggro always beats a pet in melee range) so their DPS will be complete suckage. In the long run the enchanter will do a better job boosting the mage/wizard DPS as well.

Wowfool, I think he was saying that his war engages on the pull and the other two engage at 95% but still pull aggro.

At the low levels I am not sure there is much you can do about that. I have always found that warrior agro at those levels is terrible. Once they have an agro ability you should be fine. If you can get a weapon with a proc or put a proc aug in a wep you will have better luck.

The thing that is causing all of the aggro problems is where the characters are standing, the warrior sticks to the mob at a fairly large distance, while the bard and cleric run behind the mob and nearly hug it... it's the proximity of where they all stand that is the underlying problem.. I have no clue how to pre-define the distance each melee toon ends up

tank should have stickrange=0 under the melee settings, so would do /melee stickrange=0 then type /melee save. on the bard make stickrange=15 that should fix the distance on the bard. not sure what lvl you are, but at 50ish they get there first aggro disc. also make sure your bard doesnt sing songs on the pull, wait till the mob is 98% to start singing bard songs used to transfer aggro to others so from puller to healer missing the the tank.

stickrange is the distance that you stick towards the mob ie stickrange=100 at 100 units away you would run towards the mob, there used to be another setting for distance you stick from the mob, i think its /stick distance 20 would set you 20 units from the mob.

The commands you listed are not having any effect whatsoever... I think kissassist is having some sort of over-write on mq2melee.. but I cannot figure this out.

The warrior pulls to the bard... the bard assists at 95% and swings around the back and hugs the mobs ass... the warrior stands at max melee range... bard ends up tanking 99% of the time

PLEASE HELP!$!!#%!#%!#%R

edit: so kissassist seems to be overwriting the mq2melee settings. This seems like it's far more complicated then someone with about a week of experience could configure. Anytime I attempt to switch any melee settings in kiss, the tank stops chasing mobs around.

Last edited:
KA makes changes to the /stick settings. Here is what you get:

Program first starts:

Rich (BB code):
    /stick set moveback 12
    /stick set verbflags 0
    /stick set breakonkb on
    /stick set breakonmouse off
    /stick set breakdist ${CampRadiusExceed}
    /stick set breakonwarp on
    /stick set usefleeing on
    /stick set delaystrafe on

The generic stick distance in KA is 13 except when the TooFar event fires then the distance is set to 8. Since the moveback setting is set to 12 your character should back up.

ty for the helpful post, where do i find those settings? some ini? or is there an in-game command to toggle these... sorry I am new

this actually explains alot, as the warrior is the puller so anytime the bard engages it would appear to me that the TooFar event is what is causing the trouble and forcing him to be closer at 8, ... If I could figure out how to toggle these numbers and make them stay i think i'd be golden... just have no clue how

Well this is what you can do.

You will have to edit the macro to add this, but no guarantees.

Rich (BB code):
            :Attack
                /doevents
                /if (${MercOn} && !${MercAssisting} && ${MyTargetID} && ${Mercenary.State.Equal[Active]}) /call MercsDoWhat
                /if (${MezOn}) /call DoMezStuff
                /if (${AEOn}) /call AECheck
                /if (${AggroOn}) /call AggroCheck
                /if (${PetOn} && ${PetCombatOn}) /call CombatPet
                /if (${HealsOn}) /call CheckHealth
                /if (${CuresOn}) /call CheckCures
                /if (!${NamedCheck}) /call NamedWatch
                /if (${DPSOn} && (!${Role.Equal[puller]} || !${ChainPull})) /call CombatCast
                /call CastMana
                /call WriteDebuffs
                /if (${IAmABard}) /call DoBardStuff
                /if (${DPSOn} || ${MeleeOn} || ${PetOn}) /call CombatTargetCheck
                /if (${Attacking} && ${MeleeOn} && ${Target.PctHPs}<=${Math.Calc[${AssistAt}-5]} && ${Target.Distance}<${CombatRadius} && !${AutoFireOn}) {
                    /if (!${Me.Combat}) {
                        /if (${Me.Sitting}) /stand
                        /killthis
                    } 
                    /if (${StickHow.NotEqual[0]} && !${Stick.Active} && ${Target.Distance}>15) /stick ${StickHow} id ${MyTargetID}
                } else /if (${Attacking} && ${MainAssist.Equal[${Me}]} && !${Me.Combat} && ${MeleeOn}) {
                    /if (${DebugCombat}) {
                        /beep
                        /echo DEBUGCOMBAT im in the :Attack loop but attack is not on Attacking=${Attacking} MeleeOn=${MeleeOn} Target.PctHPs=${Target.PctHPs} Math.Calc[AssistAt-5]=${Math.Calc[${AssistAt}-5]} Target.Distance=${Target.Distance} CombatRadius=${CombatRadius} AutoFireOn=${AutoFireOn}    
                    }
                    /attack on
                }
                /if (${CombatStart} && ${AutoFireOn}) {
                    /if (${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].ID}) /range
                }
                /if (${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].Type.Equal[Corpse]} || !${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].ID}) {
                    /call CombatReset
                    /return
                }
                /if (${MeleeOn} && ${Target.Distance}<12 && ${Stick.Active} && !${Select[${Role},tank,pullertank,hunter]}) {
                    /if (${Stick.Distance}<13) /stick 13 
                    /stick moveback
                }
                /if (${Role.Equal[puller]} && ${ChainPull}) {
                   /if (${Math.Distance[${CampYLoc},${CampXLoc}:${Spawn[=${MainAssist}].Y},${Spawn[=${MainAssist}].X}]}<=75) {
                        /if (!${ChainPullHold} && ${MobCount}<2 && !${Me.XTarget[${XTSlot2}].ID} && ${If[${Target.Named},0,1]}==1) {
                            /if (${Target.ID} && ${Target.PctHPs} < ${ChainPullHP}) {
                                /call FindMobToPull 0
                                /if (${Macro.Return}>0 && ${Spawn[${ChainPullTemp}].Distance}<400) {
                                    /squelch /melee melee=0
                                    /delay 5
                                    /squelch /stick off 
                                    /squelch /attack off
                                    /delay 5
                                    /squelch /melee melee=1
                                    /varset ChainPull 2
                                    /varset MyTargetID 0
                                    /varset Attacking 0
                                    /return
                                }
                            }
                        }
                    } else /if (${SpamTankWait}) {
                        /call BroadCast ${IRCOn} ${EQBCOn} r "Holding Pulls. Tank to far from camp."
                        /varset SpamTankWait 0 
                    }
                }
                /if (${Role.Equal[puller]} && ${ChainPull} && ${DPSOn}) /call CombatCast
            /if (${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].Type.NotEqual[Corpse]} || ${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].ID} || ${Melee.Status.NotEqual[FEIGNING]}) /goto :Attack
        }
        /if (${DebugCombat}) /echo DEBUGCOMBAT Combat Leave
    /return

Find the Combat Sub and add the highlighted code.

I'll take a look, kissassist 8.1.5 has over 5000 lines of code, so it might take me awhile to read through and locate which part matches what you just described.. very very helpful again and I really appreciate it..

Wouldn't there be some alternative such as run kissassist on both toons, then simply have a hotkey setup to issue a command like

hotkey line 1: /bccmd bard //stick command that makes me stand 2 or 3 feet further away then the warrior ( I don't know what command would over-write kiss settings ... or if kiss always takes over.. I seem to think kiss takes over
hotkey line 2: /pause 4
hotkey line 3: /stick command that makes me stick 2 or 3 feet closer then the bard

and this hotkey would be issued from the tank

edit: located the exact line of code you mentioned, which would be entered on line 973 of kissassist.. I'll give it a try and let ya know,...

ok the code you provided has successfully corrected the bard from tanking, he in fact moves in then repositions at a large melee range.. =)

the only thing I want to do at this point is bring both of them about 3 space increments closer... the tank and the bard are both pretty far away from the mob.. this sounds like an easy fix in theory but I don't wanna break something lol

- - - Updated - - -

ok the code you provided has successfully corrected the bard from tanking, he in fact moves in then repositions at a large melee range.. =)

the only thing I want to do at this point is bring both of them about 3 space increments closer... the tank and the bard are both pretty far away from the mob.. this sounds like an easy fix in theory but I don't wanna break something lol

- - - Updated - - -

ok this seems to be doing some weird things now... the bard runs directly at the mob, then upon reaching the target ring around the mob he never gets behind it anymore, now he stops in front of it and stands at this distance... an undesirable position... this might be more complicated then I imagined =/

Last edited:
You can play with the numbers. Change the 13 on this line /if (${Stick.Distance}<13) /stick 13 to this /if (${Stick.Distance}<11) /stick 11. and change the line /stick moveback behindonce.

Rich (BB code):
                /if (${MeleeOn} && ${Target.Distance}<10 && ${Stick.Active} && !${Select[${Role},tank,pullertank,hunter]}) {
                    /if (${Stick.Distance}<11) /stick 11 
                    /stick moveback behindonce
                }

I added assist to your code which seems to be allowing the bard to now not be exclued from this command... lol
The behindonce addition solved the bouncing off the mob thing that was happening.

Just curious is there a way to define the tank and the bard seperately when determining spacing? This code appears to affect both of them.. you rock btw

/if (${MeleeOn} && ${Target.Distance}<10 && ${Stick.Active} && !${Select[${Role},tank,pullertank,assist,hunter]}) {
/if (${Stick.Distance}<11) /stick 11
/stick moveback behindonce
}

Thanks, but I need a little information. I take it your Tank is the MA, but what roles are your Bard and Cleric? I would Assume they are in Assist Roles.

Currently according to the code you last posted. No one in your party should be executing this code.

This piece of code !${Select[${Role},tank,pullertank,assist,hunter]} says do NOT include these Roles. so if your in any of those roles the statements will be skipped. The Assist needs to be removed. The Tank is set to 12 or 13 depending if you have something in the StickHow variable.

The Warrior is set to PullerTank everyone else is set to assist

I didn't realize the code is set to skip ... this kind of explains alot since I was fiddling with the code earlier and it just wasn't cooperating the way I expected.

Question - Rookie Question...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back