• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - "/navigate target" crashes eqgame.exe (1 Viewer)

RedCents
189¢
So I tried using into the hills macro today, the first time since the new build, and when it tries to "/navigate target" it crashes the eqgame.exe. (all 6 clients). I am assuming that when eqbc tells each client to use the command is when it crashes. mq2navigation is loaded.

I also tried to use /navigate target in other zones just randomly to test if it is just that zone, but it happens everywhere.

Any ideas what is causing every client that uses the command to crash?

btw, it isn't the crash that gives a crash log, this just straight crashes the .exe that gives me a windows popup asking if i want to find a solution online or close the program.

Re: "/navigate target" crashes eqgame.exe

yes

- - - Updated - - -

i'm seeing others are having problems with mesh files sometimes as well. where can I find the best mesh files to use for all zones?

- - - Updated - - -

will .ncr mesh files work with redguides version of mq2? I found a set that are .ncr whereas the ones here are .bin. are they cross compatible?

Go into your mq2 root folder and delete the MQ2Navigation.dll.
Either run the updater again with the latest compile zip or just unzip the file and grab the MQ2Navigation.dll and toss it into your MQ2 root folder just to make make sure you have the most recent one.

I can confirm mq2nav is crashing in certain zones for me as well, Plane of Shadow.

We're looking for people who'd like to work on mq2navigation, if you know of anyone who'd be up to the job let me know.

Last edited:
Found a possible cause of the mq2navigation crash: an outdated EQPlaynice. (used in programs like WinEQ2 and ISBoxer)

Launching Everquest using our patchme method, I've had no more crashes with mq2navigation. Give it a try.

(we're still looking for people who can improve mq2navigation, btw)

Last edited:
Found a possible cause of the mq2navigation crash: an outdated EQPlaynice. (used in programs like WinEQ2 and ISBoxer)

Launching Everquest using our patchme method, I've had no more crashes with mq2navigation. Give it a try.

it still crashes when you load it on 4 or more toons in dead hills which does not happen in other zones.

I've had the crashing "issue" from a few patches back since people first started reporting it. I use EQ in it's natural windowed mode and still had the issue. Will booting EQ via the patchme method fix it for that? I usually boot normally but I suppose I can test that out if needed.

Interestingly for me, the first time I boot up EQ and try and run KA/Nav it will crash. After that first try, it will never crash again until I restart my entire computer. It's very weird. I've just expected to crash my instance of EQ once and then be good to go.

it still crashes when you load it on 4 or more toons in dead hills which does not happen in other zones.

That's really odd. Did you make your own mesh? Have you tried making one with a lower resolution?

I've had the crashing "issue" from a few patches back since people first started reporting it. I use EQ in it's natural windowed mode and still had the issue. Will booting EQ via the patchme method fix it for that? I usually boot normally but I suppose I can test that out if needed.

Interestingly for me, the first time I boot up EQ and try and run KA/Nav it will crash. After that first try, it will never crash again until I restart my entire computer. It's very weird. I've just expected to crash my instance of EQ once and then be good to go.

Also odd. Have you tried a clean compile?

I DO use isboxer to run 6 toons. How would I go about using the patchme way if using isboxer? I would like to see if this helps or not. I would volunteer to help try to improve mq2navigation but am unsure how much help I would be.

ok, so I tried these things so far....

Started 1 instance of eq via the "patchme" method using the factory eqgame.exe. Crashed with command "/navigate target"
Started 1 instance of eq via isboxer without wineq2 loaded. same as above
Started 1 instance of eq via isboxer with wineq2 loaded. same as above
started 1 instance of eq via wineq2. same as above.

Also I used a fresh copy of mq2navigation.dll from the newest build.

not sure if this info helps or not. also my specs are....
cpu-i5-3570k
gpu-gtx 970
memory- 16gig
os- win 7 64bit

- - - Updated - - -

is there any other key plugins that I should try loading to test this out?

yes, nothing was loaded, i tried the patchme way directly after a fresh reboot. I just tried it again making sure everything else was closed and it still did it.

- - - Updated - - -

what program are you guys using to compile? i'm wondering if it might be missing windows files or something? It seems like some have problems and others do not. just trying to think what is different from one person to the next.

yes, nothing was loaded, i tried the patchme way directly after a fresh reboot. I just tried it again making sure everything else was closed and it still did it.

- - - Updated - - -

what program are you guys using to compile? i'm wondering if it might be missing windows files or something? It seems like some have problems and others do not. just trying to think what is different from one person to the next.

We use Visual Studio 2010.
I'm running Windows 8.1.
Newest eqgame.exe (just updated) with newest Very Vanilla compile.

I'd been stumped with my mq2nav crashes for a couple days and then thought I had it all figured out - I guess that only worked for my PC. Sorry man, I'll keep looking.

I had the same issue for about week now.
Only place I noticed that it crashes is in DH.
I tried the update into a new folder so it's a fresh mq2 and still have crashes. The only thing I didn't do is re-download the mesh files and try again.
I got around it by just entering the ha and then letting the full auto Mac do its thing. But it crashes soon as it's done and doesn't go to the next one.

the odd thing for me now is, if i load up mq2navigation at all, when I start up kissassist it will crash my game. Not even executing anything navigation wise. I don't know what I did or if kissassist calls mq2navigation when it starts. I am just not loading it up anymore until a fix is found. no big deal, just cant run into the hills is all.

ego_death,

Something else to try:

1) Start MQ2 as administrator
2) Run EQgame.exe (patch me) normally.

Let me know if that fixes it.

nope same thing happens. I also have UAC turned off. I installed VS 2010 as well. I might try a fresh OS install soon and se eif that works. I also have one other thing i want to try before I do that, I will let you know if it works. I am gonna try a different build of MQ2 and see if I crash from there as well. If I do then I know it is my side.

- - - Updated - - -

ok so I tried the last thing before a fresh OS install. And to my relief, I do not need to reinstall lol.

Redbot I am going to send you a PM of the MQ2 build I tested and it worked fine for me. I am not sure if you want to use that source code or not, but it in fact did work fine for me with no crash at all. navigated fine etc...

I am unsure if it is the source code that redguides is using or what, but I hope this info helps.

Problem - "/navigate target" crashes eqgame.exe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back