• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Poll - When did you start playing Everquest? (1 Viewer)

What year did you start playing EverQuest?

• Total voters

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,730¢
Pronouns
He/Him
As EQ nears its 16th anniversary, it made me wonder when you guys started playing.

If you're having trouble remembering (BECAUSE YOU'RE OLD NOW!) perhaps you can remember which expansion you started with:

The Ruins of Kunark (April 2000)
The Scars of Velious (December 2000)
The Shadows of Luclin (December 2001)
The Planes of Power (October 2002)
The Legacy of Ykesha (February 2003)
Lost Dungeons of Norrath (September 2003)
Gates of Discord (February 2004)
Omens of War (September 2004)
Dragons of Norrath (February 2005)
Depths of Darkhollow (September 2005)
Prophecy of Ro (February 2006)
The Serpent's Spine (September 2006)
The Buried Sea (February 2007)
Secrets of Faydwer (November 2007)
Seeds of Destruction (October 2008)
Underfoot (December 2009)
House of Thule (October 2010)
Veil of Alaris (November 2011)
Rain of Fear (November 2012)
Call of the Forsaken (October 2013)
The Darkened Sea (October 2014)

April of 1999, I hurt my knee in a football game and was laid up for 6 weeks and started playing EQ 24hours a day(seemed like then). My girlfriend at the time(now my ex-wife) got the game for me cause i couldn't get outta bed for weeks. OMG 16 years later EQ still has got its hooks into me. :P, But i could quit anytime, sure sure i could...

I got my copy in March of 1999, after seeing an advertisement in PCGamer that had a picture containing all the different races. My little brother and I chose our characters based on that picture alone. I drove to best buy and made a bee line for the HUGE boxes that PC games came in back then.

We got home, geeked out over the awesome intro video, and I made a gnome rogue and had no idea wtf was going on. It was impossible to find my guildmaster (invisible wall?!!) and I gave up after getting killed by a skeleton, then went back to playing Tribes. My 9 year old brother had much more patience than I, and he taught me to play later that night.

i started play EQ in November 1999 after seeing my room-mate ( at the time) play. I got my copy of Everquest from a local ( now gone) video game store. i am my first character a Shadow Knight ( and still play him to this day) My choice was based on the class description that he was part warrior/part necromancer. and I wanted a class could do more then Just absorb damage , when i started playing i remember telling my guildmaster to "punch me in the face" , he did and killed me in one hit. ( did something like 600 damage and i only had about 30 hit points). early in my Shadowkinght life I remember hunting frogloks in the the inthule swamp and have a tough time keeping myself supplied with food and water , then at 9th level can a big decision , do I buy food/water or spells :)..... i chose food and lucky for me a more seasoned adventure came along and gave my a bit of a boost. She gave me a full set of bronze platemail and about 50 platinum. so that solved my food/spell problem , and then I ran across Norath to get to a place called Black Borough or BB for short. i started to kill gnolls in there and died . ( well it took me about 4 hours to run back from the troll city naked and alonei, when i got back to BB i met a Darkelf Cleric and he old me that he could change my spawn point to the nearest city. so we went outside of qenoys and i got bound . spent my teens in there killing gnolls and collecting gnoll teeth ( to do a faction quest with qenoys guards) after about 5k teeth turning in i was no longer KOS to the guards ....... then i found out there was 2 factions of guards , the others still did not like me and killed me .

November 99 human wizard put all his ability points into Strength. I made it to level 10 and realized how the game worked and that he couldn't cast but 2 or 3 spells and be oom. Re rolled and never looked back.

My boyfriend and I drove an hour to Best Buy (from the small town I lived in) to buy EQ in the box. On the hour drive home, I read about every class and race from the little book enclosed and decided to be a bard. He was pretty excited because their guild didn't have any bards. Got home and tried to play but my computer wouldn't support it. So... we drove back to Best buy and he bought me a new computer to play. :) I quit in 2005 and came back in 2012.

Saw an old school friend playing in 99 and mucked around on a toon at his house but didnt actually get my own account until pre kunark 2000. I still remember how frightening qeynos hills was at night... played hardcore through PoP, had over 500 days played on my main at that point... came back in OoW through DoDH which is the last raiding i have done.

I dont know a single person in game anymore and my work is very prohibitive to consistent time frames, so i have just boxed for years now.

Wow, lots of oldtimers here!

I started in March 2000 (was heavy into UO before) just as Kunark came out, first year was in casual guilds.
I moved onto hard core raiding in a top guild on Xegony 2001-2004 until GoD (plus WoW beta invites to our guild officers) destroyed the guild. After that I played solo until 2007, quit until 2014.

These days I only bot.

I made a SK first. I would harm touch something, go die, harm touch something else, repeat. Got pissed off that it took me so long between kills and re-rolled as a ranger. Made a human though because Freeport was the only city I could make it out of without getting lost. I was 9 or 10yrs old...

March 16, 1999 as an Sk. then a bard. Then a mage, mage was my first toon to 50. Then kunark came out. Ended up making a chanter then.

Initially played in 2000, started a barb shaman... Nightfall came... screen went dark... Skeleton Soloist found me... LOADING PLEASE WAIT... Screw this game I quit, and have no idea where my corpse is.

Came back about 6 months later with a buddy from work, and made a halfling cleric this time around and was hooked! Never underestimate the power for Infravision!

1999. I pretty much on first release. I did miss the beta though, but found a beta tester who walked me through exploiting pathing and bard AOE on minos! I had my first fight with my girlfriend (now my wife) when we got her corpse lost in Gfay.

Poll - When did you start playing Everquest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back