• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - New Progression Server Poll (1 Viewer)

I strongly urge everyone to vote for "Locked Progression" to give an alternative to those who miss EQMac, those who hate P99 GMs, and any nostalgia freaks who want to support the actual game makers.

To vote, open the poll window (default is SHIFT + V) click "open polls" and vote.

1. Existing rules:
Server starts with only the original EverQuest zones active. Players start at level 1.
When players kill a set of predefined targets, a two-month countdown timer starts. There is a three-month timer before Kunark and Velious can unlock.
When the timer is complete, a two-week vote starts that will enable the next expansion. If the majority chooses 'yes,' the expansion unlocks at the end of the voting period. If the majority chooses 'no,' a new vote begins immediately.
This progression can continue until the server is no longer able to defeat raid targets or until it catches up with live servers.

2. Slower progression
Server starts with only the original EverQuest zones active. Players start at level 1.
When players kill a set of predefined targets, a three-plus month countdown timer starts. When the timer is complete, a two-week vote starts. If the majority chooses 'yes,' the expansion unlocks at the end of the voting period. If the majority chooses 'no,' a new vote begins immediately.
This progression can continue until the server is no longer able to defeat raid targets or until it catches up with live servers.

3. Locked progression
When players kill a set of predefined targets, a two-month countdown timer starts. There is a three-month timer before Kunark and Velious can unlock.
OPTION: When the timer is complete, a two-week vote starts that will enable the next expansion. If the majority chooses 'yes,' the expansion unlocks at the end of the voting period. If the majority chooses 'no,' a new vote begins immediately.
OPTION: Dev determines the unlocked progression based on the player completion rates.
At a specific point, determined by Dev, votes are no longer available and progression is complete.

4. Seasonal Challenge Server
The server starts with only original EverQuest zones active, or with content enabled through a later expansion. Players start at level 1.
OPTION: When players kill a set of predefined targets, a vote begins within a week. Each vote lasts two weeks. If the majority chooses 'yes,' the expansion unlocks at the end of the voting period. If the majority chooses 'no,' a new vote begins immediately.
OPTION: Alternatively, Dev may choose to unlock content when progression targets are complete.
Players have a set period of time (one season) to complete as much content as they can. The player(s) who get the farthest will receive recognition and a prize (to be determined later).
Once the season is complete, the server is reset and the challenge begins anew!
I know this is general, but we wanted any players who didn't understand the options to have a place to go for info. And for those who will ask, we don't have any timelines on this. Several factors are at play, like hardware, the option chosen, and other factors. That said, your participation will help us!
Thanks, as always!

Last edited:
I logged into my 22 accounts and voted Locked myself. Free/Silver's all get votes, I encourage you all to do the same.

I fully encourage everyone to vote on the progression server they want to play on. But, as a progression player, if you don't plan on playing on the new server, I'd appreciate an "I don't care" vote, as I'm sure many others would. We're a little bit paranoid about voting, given the history we have had with outcomes (51/50, "malicious" voting to stop expansions). Obviously, vote how you will, but just keep in mind that you may be skewing the vote for a subset of the population that actually plans on playing on the new server.

Shame they didn't give the "I don't intend to play so not voting." section.

They must have fixed it

264Mwtq.jpg

Seasonal sounds awesome, bit I don't progress like most people do. Might be sad to lose a toon you worked so hard on. Unless the only thing to progress is the Mines of gloomingdeep!:-)

A reward like a unique title that you get for a character on the next iteration could be cool. If the first challenge was something like, kill all the dragons through Velious, you could start the next season with the "Dragonslayer" title or something.

I voted locked with all my accounts. Seasonal sounds neat but I would get frustrated with constantly getting my progression reset.

Seasonal doesn't sound good to me at all. Restarting over and over again would burn me out on the game, which I don't want to happen. I love EverQuest. Time Locked sounds the best to me, I hope we win!

Seasonal... rewards... EverQuest... decent rewards... wait, what? Yeah... if guide event or Beta rewards are any indication of the type of items they will likely give out (AND if they actually give it in a timely manner which is unlikely) then noooooo thank you.

I voted for "Locked" with my 6 paid accounts. I suppose I could make more accounts to vote but I'm not *that* motivated about a progression server.

I've got my tinfoil hat on though and believe they already know exactly which option they're going to pick and the poll was just a nice "oh, so you want to feel like you matter" gesture on their part.

Regardless, I haven't don't much TLP stuff in the past so if the timing is right I think I'm gonna go for the gold and try and make a raid-ready character!

I voted Locked on all of my accounts and a few of my friends inactive accounts. . . I will like to box and play classic stuff and not have to worry about P99 Devs trying to dictate everything. If anyone is going to make a guild and do some epics/raids please pm me :)

Update:

On the live stream today, they commented that whatever server wins the vote will likely be coming in early summer. The EQ1 Executive Producer had this to say on the forums:

"Hopefully early Summer by my calendar. It all depends on how long it takes to do the "plumbing." There is going to be a lot of work happening concurrently for release later this year and we'll get into details on that when we have more to share. We're still hammering away on the nitty gritty details."

Prepare yourselves men!

Poll results are in. Looks like we're going to be in Classic for quite some time. Mixed feelings on the official forums, but I for one don't really mind it. Plenty of stuff to do outside of the end game zones for grouping.

Mixed feelings on the official forums, but I for one don't really mind it. Plenty of stuff to do outside of the end game zones for grouping.

Yeah, endgame content isn't what made the original game fun.

News - New Progression Server Poll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back