• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Poll - Have you ever "botted" a character while AFK? (1 Viewer)

Have you used KissAssist while AFK? (private poll)

• Yes, but only briefly to multitask.

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Sometimes, but I always stay in earshot for warnings.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I like to bot all night.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • I bot all night and all day.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I've ran a group AFK for a week.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • What are you talking about? I'm here for the bazaar

Votes: 13 11.1%

• Total voters

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,578¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Serious question, have you ever used KissAssist or MQ2bot (or some other bot) on a character while AFK?

Most of the time when i use Kiss i am at the keyboard and use it to run my box's more efficiently then i can ( single computer single monitor) I do use it to AFK over night. Don't ask me why but i only do over nights on weekends and double xp bonuses. I do not use it during the day afk while im at work. Something about knowing im at home even if sleeping makes me feel more secure then letting it run all day at work. I also do not let it run overnight often, usually once or twice a month. Mostly because even with Kiss, i have a severe case of alt itis, never keep the same chars running and always playing new alts or combos and i die alot, afk or not lol.

I habe a group of 85s i leave farming diamonds 24 /7 to farm me plat i make about 8 million a month on gear diamonds tradeskills amd shit

Back before they nerfed the gribble missions, I ran 8 alts through to max level and AA, sometimes for days at a time. Working on automating a mission in Thulisaur island. Just getting all the paths to work is taking some time.

I will afk to run errands, or set up a team to afk while doing housework, but generally I'm home. I did afk the past few days for about 3 days straight, which is the longest ever. I just wanted to get my toon up to par with the rest and grind AA.

I used Teamviewer on my phone to check in with them and chat in guild. Our guild has a silent awareness about botting. They know you do it, but don't talk about it. :-)

i havent had any luck with guilds. Ive been in several on my server that have obvious bot crews in them, and these are of course the ones that are constantly anti bot speaking but spend 10 minutes watching their 6 box crews in action and 3 box raid and its so CLEARLY a program. i can accept alot of things in life except hypocrisy. I found it easier to just create my own guild for travel and storage purposes and hang out in general chat when i feel the need to talk.

I used to bot using ingame macros and a small program called autofire. and it was very difficult. so I quit EQ altogether. saw a redguides ad on facebook and figure I would give it a try. I have been simi if not completely akf for about 2 weeks now and having a lot of fun again. thanks redguides.

too scared to go hardcore with it i <3 my pixles too much.
kinda been wanting to breach the gap but id want a separate IP and set of toons
so i wouldn't lose my main crew.

Id love to do it hardcore like I did on WoW, heh... I've been too lazy to do it on Eq though... If someone would walk me through the whole process I'd be all over it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I am not a Boxer. Never tried. It costs too much to maintain EQ accounts. However, I'd like to try. Can Kissassist be configured for free accounts? Some assistance is better than none at all IMO. right?

I am not a Boxer. Never tried. It costs too much to maintain EQ accounts. However, I'd like to try. Can Kissassist be configured for free accounts? Some assistance is better than none at all IMO. right?

KissAssist was made to box with free accounts. Our compile even has a pop-up blocker, so SOE doesn't annoy you with "upgrade to gold" messages.

I'd also suggest trying out the test server. All accounts are treated as if they have gold status and all expansions except the most recent one are granted as well. Because of this, you can make all the free accounts you want to box.

too scared to go hardcore with it i <3 my pixles too much.
kinda been wanting to breach the gap but id want a separate IP and set of toons
so i wouldn't lose my main crew.

been trying lately.
my servers too populated.

get about a hour before my alarms are going off and my toons camp

Poll - Have you ever "botted" a character while AFK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back