• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Kindle Fire (1 Viewer)

dulak

RedCents
784¢
Just acquired a Kindle Fire. It's not the HD or HDX. Just a normal Fire. Currently debating on if I want to root it or not. And should I choose to root it, will Amazon ban it from their network?

Just acquired a Kindle Fire. It's not the HD or HDX. Just a normal Fire. Currently debating on if I want to root it or not. And should I choose to root it, will Amazon ban it from their network?

I guess you should specify exactly why you want to root it before anyone could really answer this. If you want to root it "just because" then you should probably leave it as is. :) I have a couple Kindles and none are rooted. I rooted my Galaxy S4 when I first purchased it and after getting over the hype of "omg it's rooted" it wasn't really any different than an un-rooted phone with the exception of my C# IDE I had installed. Now I have a Note 4 and I have no plans to root it.

I've tried a few different roms for my Fire. All of them are super laggy. And so far, I've not found one that's truly for a tablet. They've all had the extra phone stuff installed as well. So for now, I've reverted to the stock rom and have just been using it to read. Mind you, I'd prefer it to be a real tablet and not something so restricted. I can't watch videos of any kind other than 3gp format.

Bummer, but that's good to know.... You might be able to sell a kindle like that and use the cash to switch to the newer Samsung Tab. They have a cheap version for about $150.

Tech - Kindle Fire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back