• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

World of Warcraft - World of Warcraft Gains 600,000 Subscribers Since June (1 Viewer)

riot

RedCents
498¢
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/world-of-warcraft-gains-600-000-subscribers-since-/1100-6422961/

I wonder how many of these people are Chinese gold farmers that are looking to capitalize on the new expansion?

Truth be told, the last time I played WoW was before MoP was released but the game felt pretty dead and the only people I ever got grouped with in LFD were Brazilians who couldn't speak English. I'm not so sure that Blizzard is 100% truthful with their subscription count as these numbers seem awfully inflated.

I'm playing on a private WoW server that's locked on the LK expansion. Patch 3.3.5a. Not had any issues so far. They've put a lot of time into the server.

I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't sued the piss out of them yet. They're usually not so nice when it comes to other folks using their property.

Last time I played was when my account was hacked, once I got my account back everything was gone. All my skills reset... never went back.

The server I've been playing on has been active for several years now. They have WotLK, Cata and MoP. The last 2 are still buggy though.

I had 5 accounts all hacked all played only on 1 pc each, so I quit.... There is no way all 5 PCs were hacked on the same day, so I questioned Bliz about a security hole on there end, they claimed it must be on mine, so I took my money elsewhere... I used to play hero online and there was a bug hackers used that if you zoned into the bizarre which was stored on a separate server then all your login info zoned with you and hackers got everyone's logins as they zoned... it was crazy....

I remember everyday that I played WoW, wishing it was more like EQ, then I realized I should just come back to EQ..... DuH

I had 5 accounts all hacked all played only on 1 pc each, so I quit.... There is no way all 5 PCs were hacked on the same day, so I questioned Bliz about a security hole on there end, they claimed it must be on mine, so I took my money elsewhere... I used to play hero online and there was a bug hackers used that if you zoned into the bizarre which was stored on a separate server then all your login info zoned with you and hackers got everyone's logins as they zoned... it was crazy....

I remember everyday that I played WoW, wishing it was more like EQ, then I realized I should just come back to EQ..... DuH

Trion had the same crap happen (or so they claim). About a month before Archeage was released a huge wave of account hacks happend and folks got charged big dollars. The person who "hacked" mine purchased about $200 worth of crap on Archeage. Of course it was on my end (even though I never played Archeage and haven't logged in to Rift in well over a month by that point) and they never admitted fault. I deleted all of my information from their servers and I'm pretty much done with Trion now.

World of Warcraft - World of Warcraft Gains 600,000 Subscribers Since June

Users who are viewing this thread

Back