• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New to MQ2, question for after patching and camp spots (Level 85) (1 Viewer)

MQANJ

RedCents
Good morning,

So I am new to MQ2 and after this mornings patch when I load macroquest it says wrong client version. Is there something I need to adjust or change to get it back to working? I know yesterday redguides dropped a new version and I downladed and updated that and it was working fine last night. Does that have to happen after ever patch that a new version comes out or do I have to make a quick change to a file or something?

Also what is a good camp spot for my group setup. I have been doing the alligator beach in loping plains but honestly only get 3% aa per kill and doesnt seem to challenge my group make up at all. My main concern is I do not have a dedicated tank unless I use merc.

85 cleric
85 beastlord
85 zerker (tank)
85 bard
merc
merc

I have my bard as the puller and zerker as my tank. All of them are really geared except the bard. Ive been just 4 manning the loping planes (to increase the experience) but willing to setup anywhere honesty that we can handle. Not having ae aggro on my zerker is my only concern.

Thanks for any advice.

Every time Sony patches and changes eqgame.exe the devs have to update MQ2. When they finish it they will post it for download. As for exp in the Loping Plains, you may want to try the undead camp in the Northwest corner of the zone. Most are level 78 or 79.

Just peeked at that camp, it seems there are ALOT of fences in that area that would maybe hinder the puller getting stuck? Or so MQ2 adjust for fences too? Also any camps outside of loping plains anyone would suggest.

Thanks Redbot. I assumed it was the patch the changed MQ2 on me but I wasn't sure if there was something I needed to do on my end. You're post clears everything up:)

For your group check out this post.
http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php/28052-Toskirakk-decent-plat-and-good-exp-for-85?highlight=good+camp+spots

You can setup camp right in the middle of all the mobs. I use to play for hours here and then just log my characters off in the same spot. When I would log back on the mobs are just out of aggro range so you can get everything setup and start pulling without worrying about wiping your group. Camp can be pulled with only one spot where you can get an add or 2, but once the camp is broken up it is non stop carnage.

Good morning,

So I am new to MQ2 and after this mornings patch when I load macroquest it says wrong client version. Is there something I need to adjust or change to get it back to working? I know yesterday redguides dropped a new version and I downladed and updated that and it was working fine last night. Does that have to happen after ever patch that a new version comes out or do I have to make a quick change to a file or something?

Also what is a good camp spot for my group setup. I have been doing the alligator beach in loping plains but honestly only get 3% aa per kill and doesnt seem to challenge my group make up at all. My main concern is I do not have a dedicated tank unless I use merc.

85 cleric
85 beastlord
85 zerker (tank)
85 bard
merc
merc

I have my bard as the puller and zerker as my tank. All of them are really geared except the bard. Ive been just 4 manning the loping planes (to increase the experience) but willing to setup anywhere honesty that we can handle. Not having ae aggro on my zerker is my only concern.

Thanks for any advice.
change group makeup get a real tank that's awesome group for light blue /blue content but you will get smeared at 100

If your characters were all free to play Heroics that you purchased from someone, then you are stuck with the classes that you have. If you paid for any of them or used SC (station cash) to make any of them Heroic, then you can delete him and create a brand new lvl 85 Heroic Character. You will lose any plat that you leave on the character, so you need another character on the account and you need to put any valuables in the shared bank before deleting. I recommend that you delete the Zerker if possible and create a new Heroic Warrior or Paladin for your group. In the long run, you will be glad that you have a real tank. In my experience, the botted Pally has a little better survivability but the botted Warrior has much better dps than pally. I know someone is going to interject that SKs make good tanks too, but I botted a level 85 Heroic SK with my group in the beginning and he sucked. The bot would sometimes cause the SK to Feign Dead and the SK pet would tank better than the SK. If you want to play the SK by hand, then perhaps he is the right one for your group, but not if you bot your group.

mal check the melee ini for the sk you have fd at low hp on, its feigndeath=30? so anytime you hit 30% life you fd till your safe hp to stand. My sk tanks like a charm but i turned off the fd in the melee ini because he would FD while tanking once he got low. Sk's can lifetap and self heal so they are a lower maintance tank, pallys get the ability to cure things radiant cure cant cure while healing the grp, and warriors can tank the same as the other 2 tanks but takes half the dmg the other do. warriors get the best mitigation then sk's then pallys. Sk's get the best 2.0 effect the other 2 suck equally. So in essence play what you want to play but build your grp to have synergy together.

Question - New to MQ2, question for after patching and camp spots (Level 85)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back