• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Poll - Have you ever written or modified a macro for EverQuest? (1 Viewer)

Have you ever written or modified a macro for EverQuest?

• Total voters

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,123¢
Pronouns
He/Him
I think (or at least, hope) everyone here has used a macro at one point or another. Whether it was to buy spells you didn't own, turn in quest items, or run a task, it's pretty much the reason RedGuides exists.

Have you ever been brave enough to write one yourself, or tinker with someone else's work? How did it end up? Did you learn anything?

Let us know!

ive tinkered with fastheal , and added a doleashtoon feature to the macro because I use a cleric and a shaman , and cleric is more useful on fastheal as it uses QM - VP where Kiss isn't as reliable on those mana return aa's and Fastheal also Target's the lowest mana dps toon when needed and Cast's QM on it as well more reliable now , reaction time was off so fixed the QM to dps toons and added a follow feature to the macro

I have been working with macs off and on since the start of eq, I miss collaborating with mandrack from way back when, back when you had to compile your own version of mq

I';ve only done one modification of a macro, I made modbot use Ninjadvloot instead of modloot. A very simple modification, but it worked out well and got more utility out of it.

I am currently writing a macro that will double the speed of the macro that was posted, now if I can only figure out the last part of the code....

I've written a lot of macros over the years. Some of them good, some silly. I used to use a lot of custom macros for my paladin etc, but kissassist does a better job than those. Lately I've been using that more than anything I have written.

I've written a lot of macros over the years. Some of them good, some silly. I used to use a lot of custom macros for my paladin etc, but kissassist does a better job than those. Lately I've been using that more than anything I have written.

Duh. You wrote the chanter dead hills Mac!

no I mean I have a way to double the speed of "A" macro on this site, not this macro lol

At this stage ive written most class specific macros, a bot macro, macro modular includes for 20 diff situations, a bot plugin, and 20+ situational.. overall probably over 100 macros from scratch. i'm a little rusty in macros since ive been doing plugin lately, but probably still know a solid 95%+ of every possible TLO member in mq2 including custom plugins. So if you have questions, i can probably answer them if i have the time. It is the having the time that is the tricky part.

I have written , modified, and used macros since 03-04, when demiplane was semi current i wrote a killer Hatchet macro that did every emote and would do the kiting part, all my officers in my guild ran it and we were the last to die everytime. I also wrote a vishti macro till one was posted, which just called out in raid were the hail mobs were, to which i then modded a moveto feature and was able to 6 box the event without worrying about the DT mechanic. But i stopped with macros when SoF came out and came back hardcore about 7 months ago

i have just messed around with some of the macros here to see what part is doing what, once i get the basics down i believe i might be a useful contributer here. took me a year but i did finally get the hang of making custom ui pieces, for eq. i have let those talents go because people have many different wants/needs and it was hard to make a universal ui for all toons.. hope i will get the oportunity to contribute here

I've made one macro that I'm proud of. Basically just runs around killing wisps in jagged pine and looting greater lightstones. I made it for EZ server to farm them for play while I slept. was nice to be able to go to bed and when I woke up have 80 Greater Lightstones (worth about 400kpp which is a decent amount on EZ) on each of my 6 toons.

Poll - Have you ever written or modified a macro for EverQuest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back