• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

September Contest: "The Darkened Sea" - Win 1 Million Plat/Krono/Free Level 2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,152¢
Pronouns
He/Him
September Contest: "The Darkened Sea" - Win 1 Million Plat/Krono/Free Level 2

Untitled-3.png

Celebrate the last days of summer @ RedGuides with 1 million plat and other prizes. The winners are chosen at /random.

Prize List:
  • 1 Million Platinum (or equivalent if you're on fippy or some other weird server)
  • A brand new, shiny Krono
  • Avatar change (from redcent shop)
  • Colored username (from redcent shop)
  • 1 Month of Redguides Level 2 access for you or a friend. Enjoy MQ2 compiles, the internet's largest collection of macros, private strategies, and a great community.

To enter, just tell us....
Are you dreading, or looking forward to The Darkened Sea? Why?

The winner will be selected by use of in-game /random. Any on-topic reply is eligible to win.

The Darkened Sea includes:
  • Level Increase to 105
  • Eight zones: Two re-imaged zones, and six completely new zones
  • Mount Key Ring: Free up inventory space and have all of your mounts in one location
  • New Spells, AAs, and Items
  • Adaptive loot system

(enter the beta here)

Rules:
No more entries after September 30th, 11:59 PM PST.
Drawing will be held in-game on the Vox server, Crescent Reach lvl 1 spawn point, by use of /random. Time & date of the /random will be posted after contest ends. Multiple replies (and therefore multiplies entries) are allowed so long as you are contributing to a normal on-topic conversation (to be decided by mods).
Shipping of physical items is to USA only, an alternate prize will be selected if we can't get it to you.
Posting with multiple accounts, or screwing with the contest will lead to certain doom.

Congratulations to the winners of the August Contest! Want more contests? Check out the Maskoi Week Haiku contest here!

Last edited:
Re: September Contest: The Darkened Sea! Win 1 Million Plat/Krono/Free Level 2

I'm not dreading or excited about it at this time. I don't have any characters at that level and can't afford the purchase of the expansions at this time. I'm sure a lot of people are very excited about it.

Neither but looking forward to new content an levels

Looking forward to it, now that ive found MQ2 eq is fun again but mains are all maxed out and my small army are all f2p 18/20 so look forward to entering shards landing with em.

Well be interesting to see how far along I can use RoF zones to level my team and max my AAs.

If silver accounts get RoF, all my toons will finally be able to buy/sell crap in the bazaar without running to the trader.

I too am looking forward to it, not looking forward to having to buy 18 copies of it but still....

I am very much looking forward to level 100 for all my silver accounts. As for the expansion itself, rather indifferent.

Can't wait for it, other than having to buy several copies, it'll be nice to be able to run HA's. (2 of 4 accounts don't have cotf :/)

I can and cant wait for it, with being in a top tier raiding guild, to raid i need it and need to max lvl and new aa's asap. The adaptive looting system looks like it will mess up for raiding, IE lots more work for the loot handlers, be better for grp game at least. Mount ring sounds cool, but they need to do Illusion rings lol so its easier to keep track of the your illusions. Would be nice if they would remove prestige from SoD and lower since now there is so many raids that can be one or two grped min.

Not going to affect me one way or the other.

I am looking forward to new content and new levels to expand upon. Kind of meh about the choice of expansion though, but encouraged by developer comment about no underwater fighting.

Are you dreading, or looking forward to The Darkened Sea? Why?

Both, I am looking forward to new stuff and leveling up my team. I am not looking forward to buying 4 copies of the expansion however lol.

Re: September Contest: "The Darkened Sea" - Win 1 Million Plat/Krono/Free Level 2

Not really looking forward to it, most fun I get from EQ these days is doing older stuff and everything new feels like rehashed, poorly thought up garbage.

Re: September Contest: "The Darkened Sea" - Win 1 Million Plat/Krono/Free Level 2

Looking forward to everyone flocking to the new zones, leaving me and the zones I go to empty to level up my main characters. They only lvl 90 now with 4-5k aa each.

Before Redguides, I was happy with three all access toons. It was all I could lazily multibox. With Redguides and MQ2, I have eight All Access accounts with CotF. Short story, I am not looking forward to all the cash for the eight upgrades and for any additional accounts I want to transfer my new level 100's to. Sometimes I wish I had never tried MQ2! :)

I'm a little meh about it. I'm still trying to learn CoTF :) It also seems like adding 5 levels is just to keep us busy... and it seemed like most of the zones were indoor, tighter spaces.

I'm dreading it. I don't like learning new material. I like guides written by people that have already covered it. I like maps that are obvious rather than discovered at the cost of multiple runs to the corpse summoner. I like macros that work rather than requiring multiple rewrites due to the endless tweaks that SOE will have to do with the new expansion. We need to save uip some cash to help the MQ2 devs (EQMule??) through the first few weeks after the expansion.

i am both dreading it and excited about it. dreading it, for casue i will have to replace all my gear, looking forward to the xpac for new zones to hunt in ..... if i had to pick one .. i would go with looking forward for the most part.

I'm looking forward to it hoping that SOE does a major discount on cotf before the xpac launches.

I'm looking forward to the new expansion and the level cap raise to 105... Can't wait.

I dreaded looking at a new expansion as I am only a new full time user of redguides very vanilla mq2, so I am looking forward to an easier leveling up experience :)

Really not looking forward to grinding out 5 more levels. But very excited to see some new content.

I'm looking forward to it. Leveling is always fun and I enjoy expansions with leveling increases more than expansions with just more content.

The Darkened Sea is something to be excited about. With all the failures abounding of MMoRPG's to see that EQ1 is still supported and has many functions that the devs inputed because of our requests makes me feel that EQ1, and MQ2, Will be around for a long time !

Don't matter to me, it's the same old crap all over again. More levels of the same AA's, same spells with different names, etc.

Agree with parkview, it's fun just to see the new textures, models, etc, but at the end of the day, it's much of the same stuff just done a different way.

Looking foward to it because it will be a full release expansion and that is awesome :)

Dreading having to get it for all my boxes.

Drawing will be held tonight on the Vox server, Crescent Reach lvl 1 spawn point, by use of /random. 4pm PST

Sorry for being late, I had a terribly busy month last month!

New contest coming shortly

winners:

Razkle - 1 month of lvl 2 for you or a friend
fuzzymelon - Colored username (from redcent shop)
randyleo - avatar change (from redcent shop)
thg - Krono
scotsbiker - 1 million platinum

(thg and scotsbiker, pm me your char/server for parcel!)

log of the /random:

Attachments

• log.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 4
September Contest: "The Darkened Sea" - Win 1 Million Plat/Krono/Free Level 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back