• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2EQBC vs ISBoxer (1 Viewer)

malphual

RedCents
413¢
What are the pros and cons (besides the price) of running MQ2EQBC vs ISBoxer?

I've used ISBoxer for at least ten years on many different MMO's, so I am familiar with how to set it up to multibox. I obviously have access to MQ2EQBC, but I have yet to learn how to use it. Will my team function better together with MQ2EQBC? I know ISBoxer will not do anything without me sitting at the computer, but it's great for setting up the team, getting them to their starting point, and for grabbing the same quest with six characters at a time.

ISboxer just allows keybinds between clients. mq2eqbc allows stats, buffs, debuffs between all clients via macros. If you are running macros eqbc is the way to go,
if you are running them normal isboxer is the way to go.

Once setup imo EQBC is the better choice to use to manage your team. Having used them both EQBC is what I ultimately kept using and dropped isboxer.

I use both because I love how I can set up my other boxes on my second monitor in any configuration that I want while being able to pull any character to the main screen with one button press.

With ISBoxer I can do tons of multibox functions with just a click of a mouse or by pressing a single button. I wonder if there is an MQ2 plugin somewhere that automates the setup of MQ2EQBC in ISBoxer. I like the way Innerspace utilizes the resources on my computer. I think I would run it even if I did not use ISBoxer.

i can run 12 toons with a quad core with 16g of ram with little lag using wineq. With isboxer i wasnt able to run as many toons without lagging a bit more. All the isboxer does change the rendering of background sessions how ever you assign them, so you could put 24 instances of eq up in 200 X 300 across all instances and run one at full screen. Also if you look at the mq2.com board there is a ISX mq2 project, that uses mq2 plugins that run in innerspace.

My answer to lag has always been, get the best video card that my wife will allow me to buy. :-)

Someone once asked me if I was henpecked. My wife told me to tell him, No.

actually your video card does little to help you in eq what makes it better is multiple cores with proper affinitys set we found this out swarming, could only do 100 mobs at a time till I jumped to 8 core then was able to do 180 before star lag started.

To answer the question asked by eqgeek, I think Innerspace makes my machine run games smoother. The professionals (all of my psychiatrists) tell me it does not, but I think it's all a conspiracy to get me to play with lag. :-)

This is shamelessly stolen from another website where someone else had posted it without giving proper credit to the original owner. I don't know if that means I should give credit to the thief or spend a few hours trying to find out who really wrote it. Anyway, here are some tips you can find online to reduce lag:

1. Alt + J - Disable NPC Journal
2. /showname off
3. /showgrass off
4. /showspelleffects off
5. EQ Button - Actions - Audio Triggers - Delete any you no longer use
6. Options - General - Soundrealism/musicvolume/soundvolume 0
7. Options - General - Environment Sounds off
8. Options - General - Comabat Music off
9. Options - Display - Showhelm off
10. Options - Display - Particles - Spell/Env/Player - Density Off/0 Opacity
11. Options - Display - Far Clip Plane/NPC Clip Plane - the lower the better
12. Options - Display - Gamma - Darker/lower the better
13. Options - Display - Showbuff(and song)timer/limituses/counter off
14. Options - Display - Advanced - allow 2.0 pixel shading off
15. Options - Display - Advanced - TerraintxtQlty Low
16. Options - Display - Advanced - Dynamicskyreflection 32
17. Options - Display - Advanced - Memory usage least
18. Options - DIsplay - Advanced - Showoldwaterinnewzones off
19. Options - Display - Advanced - Shadows off
20. Options - Display - Advanced - Disable Tatoos
21. Options - Display - Loadscreen On
22. Options - Display - Sky Type Off
23. Options - Display - Level of Detail On
24. Options - Display - 3d Targetting Ring Off
25. CTRL+ALT+DEL - End inane proccess's...like eqvoice if you don't use it, printer programs, other background stuff ect
26. /log off (that's not a joke, it turns off text logging which is typically only used for parses...should be off by default though)
27. Patcher - Game Options - Deselect New char models for Races,Mounts/Elements as you like
28. Patcher - Game Options - Sound off
29. Patcher - Game Options - Mip Mapping off
30. Patcher - Game Options - Texture Caching on/off (if on it uses more disc space but will lower zone times in zones you've previously visited)
31. Patcher - Game Options - Socialanimations off (Does anybody really care about these anymore? WTB /breakdance and i'll turn it back on)
32. Patcher - Game Options - Dynamic lighting off (if off you can't use lightsources, such as epics...so be warned)
33. Patcher - Game Options - Texture Compression off (Nobody looks at the gd ground anyway)
34. Patcher - Game Options - Texture Quality Medium/Low

To answer the question asked by eqgeek, I think Innerspace makes my machine run games smoother. The professionals (all of my psychiatrists) tell me it does not, but I think it's all a conspiracy to get me to play with lag. :-)

This is shamelessly stolen from another website where someone else had posted it without giving proper credit to the original owner. I don't know if that means I should give credit to the thief or spend a few hours trying to find out who really wrote it. Anyway, here are some tips you can find online to reduce lag:

1. Alt + J - Disable NPC Journal
2. /showname off
3. /showgrass off
4. /showspelleffects off
5. EQ Button - Actions - Audio Triggers - Delete any you no longer use
6. Options - General - Soundrealism/musicvolume/soundvolume 0
7. Options - General - Environment Sounds off
8. Options - General - Comabat Music off
9. Options - Display - Showhelm off
10. Options - Display - Particles - Spell/Env/Player - Density Off/0 Opacity
11. Options - Display - Far Clip Plane/NPC Clip Plane - the lower the better
12. Options - Display - Gamma - Darker/lower the better
13. Options - Display - Showbuff(and song)timer/limituses/counter off
14. Options - Display - Advanced - allow 2.0 pixel shading off
15. Options - Display - Advanced - TerraintxtQlty Low
16. Options - Display - Advanced - Dynamicskyreflection 32
17. Options - Display - Advanced - Memory usage least
18. Options - DIsplay - Advanced - Showoldwaterinnewzones off
19. Options - Display - Advanced - Shadows off
20. Options - Display - Advanced - Disable Tatoos
21. Options - Display - Loadscreen On
22. Options - Display - Sky Type Off
23. Options - Display - Level of Detail On
24. Options - Display - 3d Targetting Ring Off
25. CTRL+ALT+DEL - End inane proccess's...like eqvoice if you don't use it, printer programs, other background stuff ect
26. /log off (that's not a joke, it turns off text logging which is typically only used for parses...should be off by default though)
27. Patcher - Game Options - Deselect New char models for Races,Mounts/Elements as you like
28. Patcher - Game Options - Sound off
29. Patcher - Game Options - Mip Mapping off
30. Patcher - Game Options - Texture Caching on/off (if on it uses more disc space but will lower zone times in zones you've previously visited)
31. Patcher - Game Options - Socialanimations off (Does anybody really care about these anymore? WTB /breakdance and i'll turn it back on)
32. Patcher - Game Options - Dynamic lighting off (if off you can't use lightsources, such as epics...so be warned)
33. Patcher - Game Options - Texture Compression off (Nobody looks at the gd ground anyway)
34. Patcher - Game Options - Texture Quality Medium/Low

pfft what do those professionals know best therapy in the world is cutting grass as dennis leary once said and mother/wife approved :)

actually your video card does little to help you in eq what makes it better is multiple cores with proper affinitys set we found this out swarming, could only do 100 mobs at a time till I jumped to 8 core then was able to do 180 before star lag started.

What is the proper affinity setting for each instance of eqgame.exe ?

I am up to running 11 sessions on an ancient AMD B50(unlocked Athlon X3 -> Phenom X4). Normally, the CPU utilization is around 35% and I have plenty of RAM left around 8GB/16GB usage. GPU is a similarly ancient 5770.

However, one sometimes gets a laggy session(this happens on my Intel Haswell i7 as well). One session will monopolize almost all the cores until it settles down, sometimes it will just stay laggier than others. It seems to be caused by logging in and out of different characters in the same account.

usually a balanced cpu load works the best, for instance a quad core, 4 instances of eq run great each runs a core, now if you log one more in it 1+5 2 3 4 (well actually 0+4 1 2 3)as you can see 50% of the first core is used per instance and the 3 other eq's have 100% of the core. Well when a instance of eq is in the foreground it moves priority of that core, so if you are on account 1 account 5 would be reduced to 20% of core and most of the core would be running first account causing rendering and performance to be reduced so cpu core load would shift to primary account then 5th account then acounts 2 3 4 would render. That would be a non balanced cpu usage. So taking a quad core again running 1 2 3 4 different accounts would be ok but after that point loading in grps of 4 from then on would keep lag reduced, now the flip side, due to your connection to your isp and or your network, also any background programs, tie up more cpu and memory, so using mq2viewport causes the background eq sessions to not have to render video reducing the cpu load from those sessions, mq2cpu load used to do what eq fixed a few years ago, if you look in your eqclient.ini there is a cpuaffinity= now which is based on mq2cpuload, allowing you to fix a eq session to a core or to "round robin" them (each eq session is split between all cores minus 1 which is saved for foreground eq session). I used to bot 12 accounts on a dual core with 6gs of ram, its all about getting the options linked earlier to the minimalist settings. Getting a better router also will help, faster isp (without throttling) all help too.

Playj your laggy session is caused by your processor not releasing eq instance back to splitting the core which is common, thats why logging out then all the way back in will fix it. I am no expert, i have just been boxing since 2003 and figured out most of these by tweaking settings and playing around. I just hope everyone understands it.

Saar, this is where Innerspace and ISBoxer begin to shine through. You can set up the frame rates on five accounts at half speed in the background (say 30fps) while the main viewing screen is running 60fps. You can also chain your cores to run the main viewing screen account on a single core while two cores have two each on them. Furthermore, you can assign your healer to its own core if you think it needs it. With Innerspace it is just a click of a mouse in setup to assign accounts to cores.

Question - MQ2EQBC vs ISBoxer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back