• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Best CLASS to Bot Solo? (1 Viewer)

malphual

RedCents
413¢
What class do you think solos best at 85 using a bot?

The scenario is, he is placed all alone in a remote or secluded cave or dungeon room with a high volume of light blue mobs (5 to 6 spawns every 5 minutes), and he has to stay alive all night while his owner is afk.

EDITED (8/30/2014)

WINNERS:
MNK: works very well. He can easily grind AAs and a level on light blue mobs in a secluded spawn area.
RNG: Eventually Head Shots everything although takes longer on some mobs.
PAL: Slower at killing, but handled the job.

LOSERS:
SK: died in second wave of spawns (only used KISSASSIST because MQ2Bot had issues with pets at the time).
DRU: died with 2 mobs at start of first wave.
WIZ: died with 2 mobs on him even using a J5 merc. (tried a tank then tried a healer)
MAG: died with 3 mobs on him even though he had a J5 merc healer. (used KISSASSIST instead of MQ2Bot)
WAR: lasted about an hour with merc healer then was overwhelmed with a group of 7 spawns.

UNDETERMINED:
NEC
ROG
BERZ
BL
CLER
ENC
BRD

CHAMPION SOLO CLASS:
Thus far, the champion of AFK solo botting with level 85 Heroic characters is an Iksar MONK.

P.S.
This is about soloing light blue mobs. All of these classes would be doable in certain combinations with other botted toons, but the xp would be lousy.

Last edited:
I just happen to have a level 85 mage. I'll use the exact some bot, and see what we get.

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't even close! I thought I would be counting which had the most AA's after about 8 hours playing, but the lvl 85 mage couldn't even solo 3 light blues at a time. Meanwhile, the lvl 85 Ranger has handled up to 7 of the same type mobs at once and kept right on playing.

I think any class can be effective as a bot solo, if you spend enough time coding the routines. Tank types are going to be more effective in that they can take a hit, and do multiple mobs without worrying about position of mob relative to the toon. Melee DPS (specifically monk/ranger) are going to excel well against mobs that don't 'kill them instantly' as unlike the tank, they don't give up the dps.. so they rip through blues/light blues much faster.

The thing about botting is that no bot program is written to predict every possible scenario. So, the best solo toon is one that can tank, heal, and kill quickly. Rangers can do all 3 when dealing with mobs that are light blue to them. My ranger is using sword and board for survivability. He fires arrow spells that can be used at short range in order to proc Head Shot. He has been at 1/4 life left and healed himself back to full life in the middle of the fight. I thought Rangers were panzies (a flower that wilts and dies in the summer heat), but this class is growing on me.

WINNERS:
MNK: works very well. Seems to kill about as fast as the hunter even though he has nothing like Head Shot
RNG: Eventually Head Shots everything although takes longer on some mobs.
PAL: He doesn't kill things as quickly as MNK or RNG but nothing can kill him even if he has mobs left from previous wave. He's tough! If he ever runs out of mana it's going to be bad, but he is handling it well so far.

LOSERS:
DRU: died with 2 mobs on it.
WIZ: died with 2 mobs on him even though he had a J5 merc tank.
MAG: died with 3 mobs on him even though he had a J5 merc healer. (used KISSASSIST instead of MQ2Bot)
WAR: took out the entire first wave but did not recuperate quick enough to deal with the next wave of spawns.
WAR with MERC healer: lasted about an hour then was overwhelmed with a group of 7 spawns.
WAR & DRU DUO: worked well together but very slow experience because killing light blues. Doable, but twice as slow.

UNDETERMINED:
SK: tried it first but the MQ2bot was crashing on pet heals so I have not tried again. I have not given it a fair attempt at this location.

I am curious about how a ROG or a BZRK would do with a merc healer. (my experience with lvl 50s rogue is very promising but my experience with lower level BZRK is not)
I also believe a PALLY would do well in a similar scenario against undead mobs, but I don't have a high level pal.

Last edited:
Try the wiz with a healer merc? Just curious how it would do. I see a lot of people do 2 monks with a cleric and wiz mercs. Wiz on burn and monks chop em up!

I did the bixie HA with a ranger, monk, and two wiz mercs! The mobs just bounced back and forth between the two wizards until they died of exhaustion! :-)

My wiz is my favorite for any and all situations, my wiz can survive where my sk dies.... it is playstyle.... by your own argument the paly and the monk should beat the ranger anyday but don't know.

If you have a suggestion for an .ini file that you want to try with my level 85 WIZ, I would like to try it.
Any suggestions on how to improve the bot play on any of these would be great.
They are all either using MQ2Bot or KISSASSIST with .ini files from this forum.
Both bots work fine for the Ranger and Monk.
The MQ2Bot is having trouble with pets since the last patch, so I will try again when that gets fixed. I know Pete is very busy, and he's always punctual (quick) about repairing his bot when he can.

I use KA with my SK. I've used Pete's bot a few times, but not with my SK. That one I'll only ever use KA with.

Something I've been doing lately is chanter + wiz + wiz + wiz merc + wiz merc + wiz merc. Root mob, stun it, root mob, stun it. Mob dead.

I'm going to move the PAL to a camp of undead and see if he kills quicker. I know he's supposed to, I"m just checking the bot. Pally will be my new group tank! Right now, I think he's awesome!

Oops! I spoke too soon. I moved him to a field of undead and he got wasted by a light blue "named" mob almost immediately. I will need to do some research on that mob before I make any snap judgment on the PALLY.

I actually have 3 Wiz and 3 Wiz mercs that I use all the time to blast the holy crap outta stuff and it never even gets to hit me cause it dead before it can close the distance....

To be fair, the Pally was able to solo the same content that the Ranger and Monk soloed. He died when I moved him to an undead camp in OCG. He had 4 undead, a rat, a king snake, plus the DEN MOTHER on him. He may have been able to handle her without the other mobs on him, but he was overwhelmed trying to solo the entire group. I don't know if the monk or the ranger could have done better, but they may have finished off the undead before the DM showed up. Even then, I am not sure. One thing is certain, the Pally can handle a steady stream of 3 to 7 mobs 2 to 3 levels lower than he is, and the "losers" in my list above could not.

Razkle, I like WIZ but in my test the WIZ was too squishy to handle multiple mobs solo in a tight enclosed area. His healer merc drew the aggro, and she died first. Then, he went down with just two mobs on him. I've played a WIZ enough to know how to aggro kite a mob like it's a pingpong ball, but bots don't kite when they are solo. Six WIZ could probably handle the situation, but their xp would be too low to make it worthwhile.

The champion solo bot at level 85 thus far is the MNK.

(see edited version of the OP - opening post)

Last edited:
I use an 85 monk and a 92 monk to powerlevel my toons form 50s-70 in about an hour and the monks can swarm entire zones!

Discussion - Best CLASS to Bot Solo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back