• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Legends of Norrath - Treasure cards (1 Viewer)

Moxdragon

RedCents
74¢
Hey everyone,

With it being the first of the month I wanted to mention the LoN packs, and possibly a better chance/way to get yourself more loot cards. When selecting your 5 free packs per month you have the option to redeem, and then open 1 or all 5 packs at once. I have found a significant increase in the number of loot cards you can obtain by just opening one pack at a time instead of opening all 5 at once. On average I get 1-3 loot cards per 5 packs doing this instead of the usual 0 or 1 loot card by opening all 5 packs at once.

Another way to increase your chance on obtaining loot cards is to play the LoN scenarios. If you notice as you open your packs you recieve a message at times saying you have gained a level from the experience points by opening packs, boosters, and playing the game. Every level you gain in LoN gives you an additional .5% chance of getting a loot card per pack, so level 20 would be a 10% extra chance to obtain an a loot card. The scenarios are pretty easy to accomplish, and during game play of any match doing certain tasks/objectives will give you additional experience to further your levels pretty quickly. In a good given day or two playing on the side you can make a pretty big dent in levels, and help to increase your overall monthly loot ratio. Hope this helps all, and good luck opening those packs!

Nice write up. However the % increase you gain with the experience you acquire to level your character does not increase your loot card per pack chance, rather it increases your chance to draw an UR (Ultra Rare) loot card. It will show up as an additional card to your 15 normally in the booster pack. This is not the same as finding an extra shiny in your pack which can also sometimes occur resulting in 15 cards. It should also be noted that until you reach LVL 10+ you won't be eligible for the Loremaster loots (the ultra loot cards.) So make sure to go through and unlock as many points as you can to boost your level. One quick way to do this is to create an avatar using each archtype and then to go further and create a deck using each archtype avatar.

Here's at least a partial list of the Loremaster Loot's that can turn up when opening a booster.

EQ Loremaster loot.

Kiss of Erollisi Marr
Familiar of Lord Nagfen
Bridle of the Shadow Panther
Visage of the Siren Enicer
Aspect of the Brood

I hope this makes a little sense. I initially thought the percentage boost applied to the chance of getting any loot card but after reading the forums for LoN it was explained to work as I stated above. Anyway Good luck and happy hunting!

I hope my posts have helped you in at least some small way. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Strategy - Legends of Norrath - Treasure cards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back