• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Moving & Attacking (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
Moving Melee DPS Question (KISSASSIST is off, MQ2/KA is loaded though)

When I turn my auto attack on, it will sometimes follow my target and DPS it, even if it moves away, it will follow it and continue DPSing

Sometimes however, it wont follow the target at all, and its driving me crazy as to which/why this is happening, and how I can control if it follows it or not

In most cases, I prefere my melee to follow my target and attack it when I target something and turn on Auto Attack, and my whole question is to figure out how to enable this, and control it rather then hoping it works, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

how do I control this and make it work always?
Great for raiding, I turn on auto attack and don't have to worry about chasing my moving target, please help :)
Thanks

I've been having the same problems with Melee.
I've tried many things trying to get it straightened out.
Fresh install of MQ2, Fresh MQ2Melee ini file, manually attacking, adjusting /stick settings in MQ2MoveUtils.ini etc...
What has worked the best for me is to camp my toons 20 to 30 feet from the MT so when they go to attack they have to run a short distance. This has ALMOST eliminated them having stick problems.
Seems to me there is something going on with either MQ2Moveutils or MQ2Melee.
With all the changes made to EQ these past few months, something minor may have changed and hasn't been caught by the Devs yet.

NM didn't read the post correctly on my phone.

I have the same problems occasionally, not sure what the deal is.

If you aren't afk here are some good commands to stop your puller from running them down.

/nav stop
/stick off
/moveto stop

Enjoy

Me thinks he didn't understand the problem.

The problem is that melee toons don't stick to the mob correctly.
Mine will on occasion:
1. Stand right next to the mob and spam "can't see target" because they aren't facing the mob.
2. Rogue will not snaproll to back of mob for backstabs, other melee such as zerker and ranger will often attack from front instead of snaproll to back.
3. SK will not move with mob when Wizzy or Cleric pulls aggro. (Seems casting Challenge is random also even tho challengefor=1, aggro=1, taunt=1 in Melee ini file)

Happens when using several macros and also MQ2Bot plugin so it seems to be a problem of MQ2MoveUtils or maybe MQ2Melee.

Wolf check your melee for an option aggroonce=1 and make sure its 0 instead and that should fix the aggro issue (lol just remembered thats a hidden option so add aggroonce=0 into your melee ini). On the stick, honestly i have never seen snaproll as an option till here, i know my rogue used to have !front 15 once and would always go behind the mob, even now always behind (my melee has !front in it and kiss has snaproll). The moveutils is looking for i think an animation (dont qoute me) so if the mob is turning while attacking it might throw a weird direction that the melee toons will "try" to correct for and fail. Also try not to go bigger then 15 on stick in grp lvl monsters on raid dont go smaller then 12, 20 seems to be the max melee on some monsters some are less and some are larger, i know there used to be a custom stick that figured max melee based on the height of the mob but dont remember what it was, but was on the mq2 boards. So maybe try snaproll in kissassist and try !front 10 or 15 in melee see if that helps. That is under custom stick command btw. Wolf also look for provoke settings, i think the default for provokeonce=1 so would only cast challenge once per fight, there might be one for challengeforonce also been awhile since my sk has been on. Anybody with stick issues can pm me and i can send my snippit from my melee's ini for stick and should help.

Question - Moving & Attacking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back