• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Is there any reason to not run caster mercs over PC characters? (1 Viewer)

Infinite Monkeys

RedCents
30¢
I am always thinking I need to up the overall dps of my box group and you'd think the way to do that is run toons instead of mercs but I have tried a mage and zerker, both with good gear and AA, and the mercs do far more dps.

I was thinking of leveling up a beastlord but after looking at an ini thread where people were getting around 25k with them it doesn't seem worth the effort when a merc does the same or a little more and requires no gear or gold subscription. Is there a class that does significantly more dps that I am missing? Just doesn't seem worth the effort but I'd like to think I am wrong, mercs are too good if that's the case.

You're using the wrong macros if a merc does more dps. Zerkers need a bard or no poiint. Real Wizards do 35k + in group gear way more in raid gear. If you're using kiss for wizards/zerkers/mages that is your problem. As great as kiss is there is no real way to use DPS AAs/Disc properly. Wizards are the perfect example with Prolonged and Arcane Destruction and Arcane Fury you cant set it up to use these after the other one is done it just spams them all waste your AAs..

Is there a mac specific to zerkers? Never noticed one before and to be honest my problem is I have only ever played the SK as a real toon, I raid with him and just level up alts for something to do but PLing doesn't teach you anything about playing them properly. I wouldn't know where to start to optimize dps on any of them.

Discussion - Is there any reason to not run caster mercs over PC characters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back