• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2 Newbie questions (1 Viewer)

kserviss22

RedCents
37¢
Hello everyone!
I am new member to Red Guides and this will be my first time attempting to master MQ2. I currently play on FV and box a 92 bard and 90 sk. I was wondering if anyone out there had some good tips on what addons to specifically use and how to get started. Sorry if this is annoying, just looking for some help since I'm not that tech savy.

I'd just start with kissassist and the functionality that it has built in. You can do almost anything with it. Once you get things set up and you become comfortable with it, you can look at the plug in list and see if there is anything that sounds interesting. Ask lots of questions and read all of the guides you see on here. It takes a bit, but pretty soon if you stick with it, you will find that tweaking mq2 is as fun or more fun even then playing the game itself!

Thanks Kcrobk, and Masoki I guess I would have to say is my goal is to be able to focus on my SK while my bard casts songs and melees. Without me having to keep tabbing to him.

Thanks Kcrobk, and Masoki I guess I would have to say is my goal is to be able to focus on my SK while my bard casts songs and melees. Without me having to keep tabbing to him.

This is basically where I was last year, my SK and Bard with a cleric merc and wizard merc. I used KA to max out my two toons AAs then I started leveling them (they were probably 75th level at the time). I then created a third account with a wizard and leveled him up and maxed AAs.

I would take it slow at first. Find a quiet area to learn KA, read the forums (for ini settings) and ask questions.

Thank you very much GPS. I would like to know where you'd suggest I start them out learning KA, HoT courtyard?

I started using Kissassist around level 90, HoT courtyard is always packed on my server so for me that was never a good choice. Alkabors Nightmare was perfect for me, tons of mobs and some nice open space too. It's out of the way and I never saw anyone really. Another nice feature of this zone is the fact that as you do more progression in here, you can advance to further islands within the zone.. most people are too lazy or simply haven't got round to gaining access to the later islands, they're great for being out the way and having some space to just fiddle around and explore kissassist/MQ a bit more.

I haven't been back here in a while but I made a lot of plat and AA's here while I got started!

Goodluck!

Question - MQ2 Newbie questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back