• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest Win an MMO Mouse/Krono/Free Subscription: Reply to enter (July 16 2014) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,568¢
Pronouns
He/Him
The winner is random. A single, simple reply of any word will enter you to win.

To celebrate the major release of KissAssist 7.3, and the hard work from Crystane, ctaylor22, thenomadman, william12, Petesampras, Maskoi and several others (sorry if I forgot you!) working together to make the easiest EQ bot on the whole internet easier, we give you:

• A pretty neat MMO Mouse (from the game of THE ENEMY)

31A-8N8bpDL.jpg
  • A brand new, shiny Krono
  • Avatar change (from redcent shop)
  • Colored username (from redcent shop)
  • 1 Month of Redguides Level 2 access for you or a friend. Enjoy MQ2 compiles, the internet's largest collection of macros, private strategies, and more.

Again, simply reply to enter.

If you need something to say, tell us:

What's the worst customer service you've ever received in EQ?

sony_soe.jpg
Did a GM laugh as your corpse rotted? It happened to me, and they refused to restore my character. I know the service is better now, but it used to be downright abusive.

Rules:
No more entries after July 15th, 11:59 PM PST.
Drawing will be held in-game on the Vox server, by use of /random. Time & location of the /random will be posted after contest ends.
One reply only, please. An exception for multiple replies (and therefore multiplies entries) will be made so long as you are carrying on a normal on-topic conversation (to be decided by mods).
Shipping to USA only. If you win the mouse and are outside the US, the alternate prize is 4 Krono.
Posting with multiple accounts, or screwing with the contest will lead to certain doom.

Re: Win an MMO Mouse/Krono/Free Subscription: Reply to enter! (July 16 2014)

Long ago when men were men and shared banks didnt exist around 2001, just after they had nerfed holgresh elder beads.. you had to drop items on the ground and log your other toon in to pick it up in order to do exchanges on the Zek server. Unless you trusted someone. Well I accidentally put mine on the ground inside a rock and when I logged back in on the other toon I couldnt pick it up. The GM said too bad. It made me sad inside. At the time they were pretty much the most expensive item in game because necros/sk could lifetap them to stay alive. An invaluable tool on a pvp server.

An account of mine was hacked. Lost several toons. I called SOE in order to get the account back but they said it had been banned after the user had been caught ghost killing. The time that it happened was during my stay at Fort Knox. They didn't believe me when I told them I wasn't the one playing it. I even emailed them proof that I was in BCT when it happened. They said the account would remain banned. I was livid. I ended up not playing EQ for several years after that.

I used to watch Tennis when Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi were rivals.

Worst experience was trying to get my parents Card info off the account and stop the auto payments that I got bitched at for numerous times rofl. I was 15 in 99 when I started playing. Took talking to customer service 3 times to just stop the auto payments without locking out my account.

Nice!

SoE customer service? Trying to get my old account that I started in 2001 to no avail and the GMs asking the same questions over and over when they could just read the email trail!

Back in the early days, I had to change credit cards once. The new card would not be accepted. It took multiple calls and hours of waiting on hold to get the issue resolved. I used Rd in address, Sony wanted it to say Road...

Never really had bad experience with SOE Support other than this last time I tried to reactive my account I hadn't logged into for 4 years. I don't know how many times I had to send them the same information over and over again. It took 4 weeks and I forget how many support reps to finally get them to activate the account so I could login to it. It was rather frustrating.

I never had any bad customer service that I can recall. Heck, I was even a Guide back in 2000 or so. I remember the test to being a guide, you had to tell the GM how to get from Freeport to the Arena, and then from Qeynos to the Arena. I think I had to give the name of the boats from Freeport to Butcherblock and from Qeynos to Erudin. Few other questions, but I can't remember them now.

I enjoyed sitting at the Bandit camp in West Karana when I was on my Guide duties responding to petitions. Kinda funny I could have gone anywhere back then, even sitting under Naggy if I wanted to, but picked that bandit camp.

When I first started I was at a GM event and won an item. It was pretty useless item but it was unique on the server and I valued it highly. Of course this was back when GM events were to coolest thing. Hundreds of people in the zone while some big God walked around talking to people, having contests etc..
I accidentally deleted the bag that had my prized GM item in it. I was livid and contacted a GM quickly. No dice. They would not recover my item. Damn you SOE!

My bad experience, getting a 3 day ban on all my accounts for suspected use of 3rd party software. Never got them to state why they exactly banned me. I denied to have done anything. This happened right after I gave all my collected plat from my looter to my Main, couple Millions, years ago. Well I sold all my plat after that ban and made a break 6months with no payment for SOE for 6 accounts. Never heard of them again after or got bothered again. Made me wonder, should they really care to earn money instead to ban folks? I mean what was it back then around 360$ or so what that GM did cost them on not earned subscriptions on just one customer???.......

To be honest, I have never had a problem with SOE customer service and ive been playing since 1999. I guess i just got lucky.

I got stuck in Siren's Grotto inside the wall (Before the return to home button existed). I could not cast, I could not do anything. Even a Mage CotH did not work for some reason. I petitioned for a resolution and it took 3 weeks for them to get my character unstuck from that zone.

I have an old account from the Planes of Power days that they won't help me retrieve. I know the account name, and I didn't answer the question with anything that made sense, so... I'm stuck! ;)

My original main account was a guild leader with 800 active members, It was 1999 and I was in a group with 5 strangers, 1 was apparently cheating in some fashion but none of us knew it yet all 6 players got perm banned, I called SOE and even requested they trace my IP to show I was in no way the guy that was cheating, nope says SOE, your banned... next day I found MQ2 and now I have 100x what I lost on that account!

Got triple billed once. Took them awhile to figure out what happened on their end. Also got rolled back once after a old world dragon kill. Still don't have my torn, burnt book!

I can't say I've had a bad customer service experience myself! Let's hope to keep it that way!! :D

I had a shaman created with Ghost Killing which was Banned due to that, but before being banned i had a corpse that rotted and went to shadow rest, so i was banned naked, plead days later to the service to unban me and it worked "YAY?!?" Logged in the account, went to shadow rest and as soon i finished looting my corpse gm appears and say " Oh nm we decided to keep you banned" and POOF disconnected and in the end i felt stupidy as he just wanted me to recover the corpse so he could ban me again with corpse gone and so prevent me to create a new char with same name or something like this and recover items. Not sure if thats bad or just a fucker.

Reply!

Worst EverQuest playing experience ever.... Was just after Lost Dungeons came out... was NOT on Fiorona, .. Entered a LDoN group expedition and this dumb Dark Elf cleric would not heal me in the group because her guild insisted on role playing.. and since i was not an evil race toon... I would not get healed...

SUCKED.

Too many craptastic experiences to chose from, though I got a "soul mark" once for finishing a song line that had "nigga" in it, in ooc..... can a nigga get a table dance.. that was it. A day later I was scolded and told no raciest remarks were allowed in ooc, and that I was given a soul mark.

-Slink

Worst experience i had was here recently, forgetting the original info on my original account, i called to get it recovered, and got asked for a card that was on a bank account from a bank that shut down in 2010....

I've never even had to deal with customer service thankfully, but a long time EQ buddy of mine had a fun experience with a GM once. He had a PLing competition with another guy - the first to reach max level won. (I forget what the cap was then) He got AOE pots, exp pots, had his alts pre-round up zones and hit max level in like 4 hours or so. He went to login the next day and found his character at level 1. he checked his email and they said "you need to experience more game content."

When doing my mage's epic back in the velious days I fucked up and missed an item. It was one of the last hand ins and i was looking at having to do the entire thing again. We are talking countless hours of farming grays all over the place, PoAir, Phinny, lev cloak, etc. The GM told me sorry about your luck... I ended up running and finishing the last part and running back and handing it in so it all worked out in the end.

Ok so waaaaay back in the day when boats were working before translocators then boats reworking ....I may have been the cause of translocators coming into play. I had a Dwarf who boarded the boat in butcherblock, and if you remember it took a long time for them to depart. I was on my way to OOT. Well The boat did depart just fine and I zoned. Loading times ugh I hate loading times, I stepped away to go to the bathroom..........BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!! I come back to my pc I am at my bind spot naked wondering what happened. Seems as though when I zoned into OOT, the boat had left without me I was sitting on the boat and boat moved and my char did not, I drowned somewhere in OOT. After frantically getting a lev and running my ass to zoneline and trying to do a manual corpse run, I opted for the last resort ...Contact a gm. After about 3 hours or waiting to hear from a gm they finally respond. "Hi Brunhor What seems to be your problem?" ....The boat left without me and my corpse is somewhere in OOT????? " Have you went to go look for it ?" more aggravation .... YES!!! but I was afk and I have no clue where I drowned. At this point I feel like im talking to prototypical tech support asking me if my tv was plugged in. So I tell him is there anyway you can retrieve my corpse?? " I will see what I can do, one moment " Im standing on one of the isles and after about another 5- 10 minutes he pops in front of me. "here you go, is there anything else I can help you with? " Uh yea can I get a rez? ..... "I'm terribly sorry sir but your rez timer has expired" ................Fine Thank you for retrieving my corpse . In the back of my head I was thinking a. this was a game issue not my fault and b. this is why contacting eq support of any kind is the very last thing you want to do, and C. FU and one big thanks for wasting my entire day worrying about my corpse and gear rotting. This experience almost broke me of Eq. To this very day I never ever ever ride the boats I will find another way. Boats are the devil!!

First I would like to thank Theonmadman and others who have worked very hard to make the charters work cleaner and smoother with each other. It has made a big difference in my group's ability to get them dead! So THANKS!

Second I could go on and on about how bad the CS is. It has never ever been great, but at least back in the day you often were able to actually get to speak with a GM or Guild. Sadly those days are long gone.

Instead I will tell you about the time I received some GOOD cs.

They did one of those 'emergency' system shut downs and told everyone to log out in a safe place. Well I logged my character out in one zone and when the system came back up I logged into a different zone, not even a connecting zone. All the goods I had sold to the vendor were back in my packs and the EPIC 2.0 I had just completed that day was GONE! Well of course I was the victim of a roll back (way back in this case). They checked their logs saw that I had completed the epic quest, saw that I had had the epic weapon in my pack and from that they restored it to me, with no fuss. I even received an apology! Talk about your ultra rare drops LOL I was very happy and relieved as the Wizard Epic is a long drawn out pain of a thing to do.

I've never had a bad experience with SOE Support. I did just find this site though, was reading thru the forums, saw this contest and decided I needed to sign up :)

My "main" character, a Monk, corpse poofed from a bug back in Velious. I submitted a petition in which I was asked to send an email to their GM department to get it re-summoned. The GM that was assisting me took 3 days to respond in which he then told me that he's trying to replicate the bug first and then will summon my corpse (WTF?). After numerous emails and a couple petitions asking why there was a delay, I finally got a response 6 days after that from another GM. This one tells me that the prior GM was no longer part of the GM team and had moved to another department and then she informed me that since it had been more than 7 days since my corpse poofed, there was no longer a data backup for it. I was level 60 with my Epic and pretty decent gear for the era, as I was an app for one of the top guilds in the game at the time. Needless to say telling me I was out of luck was unacceptable, especially since it was that GM's lack of timely responses that lead to the expiration.

I ended up emailing John Smedly personally with my issue and he responded within a few minutes telling me that I would get an email from George Scotto (Director of CS for SoE at the time). The issue gets a bunch of responses and apologies, but all I ended up getting was my Epic back and TWO pieces of gear. They offered to "help me" by giving me some crappy no-drop GM only cloth with AC on it to use. Needless to say that Monk is still level 60 and I haven't touched it since :(

I had a lot of bad experiences with SoE support over the years, but that screw up takes the cake.

A runner-up for me would be being rolled back twice during PoP progression (aka had to re-do the progression boss which was a HUGE pain in the ass because of the competition on my server) due to people exploiting plat bugs on merchants. That was pretty shitty too lol.

i just know better than to /petition lol so no real bad experience for me....except for when they changed my named back in 1999 because his name was Jesus..............i tried to explain to them that i was mexican but that didnt work 8)

Contest Win an MMO Mouse/Krono/Free Subscription: Reply to enter (July 16 2014)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back