• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Setup of MQ2 and KissAssist (1 Viewer)

Elg

RedCents
156¢
I have a level 65 Cleric and a level 65 Ranger from the old days I would like to start playing again.

I have gotten them working, and in a zone I should be able use them in, with mercenaries as well.

I am having a hell of a time getting the Kissassist to not just run up to the wall lost and stupid.

Anyone willing to help me out?

Elg

What I am wanting to have happen is have the Ranger pull back to the vicinity of the cleric and hit the mob with dots and have the merc tank pick up the mob and the merc caster hit it.

I've gotten myself set up where I was able to handle it myself, no bots, as I am learning how to play the game again. Doesn't take long, kind of like riding a bike. I would really like to get it where it would work though.

Yes, I did read the beginner's guide. I targeted the Ranger and typed "/mac kissassist puller" and the cleric ran off, tried to attack a vendor, and got stuck on the wall. I thought it was rather entertaining, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea how to wrap an ini file in code tags.... I'm not a programmer, or at least I haven't been since I learned Pascal in 1985.

We'll get you up and running, no worries :)

First off, you should probably move away from vendors, and get to a part of the zone that is filled with only mobs near you. Then, like Dulak said, only type "/mac kissassist puller" on the character you want to pull. "/mac kissassist" will suffice for the cleric and the tank. Also keep in mind, when typing "/mac kissassist", every character should be targeting the tank, and the tank should be targeting himself.

And to put something in "code" tags you just start it with [code=rich] and end it with [/code], like so,

Rich (BB code):
[code=rich]this text is in a code tag[/code]

I think Red did a good job of explaining your first mistake... Post the INI file and we'll help you to make sure it's set up right. My main is a ranger that I soloed and leveled the hard way. I used to box with a cleric so maybe we can help there as well.

Since this is a level 1 post, should he post INI's here? Not sure the rule of thumb there.

Okay, I get the ideas on a lot of the setup now, and I got some help last night from a friend.

I got the cleric working pretty well, though the auto loot gets messed up on NO DROP items, he gets stuck in a loop trying to loot them.

The ranger not so good, I keep getting an error for the bow as I entered it. I'll have to replicate and link the data here, though. This way works pretty good, though. I can play on one toon, and the bot takes care of my healing for me.

Okay, I get the ideas on a lot of the setup now, and I got some help last night from a friend.

I got the cleric working pretty well, though the auto loot gets messed up on NO DROP items, he gets stuck in a loop trying to loot them.

The ranger not so good, I keep getting an error for the bow as I entered it. I'll have to replicate and link the data here, though. This way works pretty good, though. I can play on one toon, and the bot takes care of my healing for me.

If I remember correctly, you can either as Dutch_SK said edit your loot.ini to manually have it destroy the item so it isn't hanging around on corpse. Or I believe you can click it so that it is on your cursor and then type /lootdestroy and it will make the change in your loot.ini that way.

OK... having problems with my DPS set on the ranger, keeps giving me errors when I start it...

[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=10
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Earthen Embrace|99|once
DPS2=Drifting Death|99|once
DPS3=Immolate|99|once
DPS4=Primordial Driftwood Compound Bow|Ethermere Arrow
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
DPS5=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=Cinder Jolt|>|90
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL

OK... having problems with my DPS set on the ranger, keeps giving me errors when I start it...

[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=10
DPSInterval=2
DPS2=Drifting Death|99|once
DPS3=Immolate|99|once
DPS4=Primordial Driftwood Compound Bow|Ethermere Arrow
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
DPS5=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=Cinder Jolt|>|90
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
with the dps setup like that set at 99 you dont need to add once, and if you want it to just shoot you dont have to specify in the dps section, my ranger looks like this for just auto bow..

Rich (BB code):
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=1500
StickHow=loose
AutoFireOn=1
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=NULL
DPS2=NULL
DPS3=NULL
DPS4=NULL
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL

turn off melee and turn on autofire, you wont have a problem after that and take out the bow.

Also you can't have everything at 99. Usually I do a spell every 5%. Mana isn't an issue on my ranger so I don't use "once". Once meaning that the spell only fires one time at the % you gave.

Try this;

Rich (BB code):
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=10
DPSInterval=2
DPS2=Drifting Death|95|once
DPS3=Immolate|90|once
DPS4=NULL
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
DPS5=NULL

I think if you don't want your ranger to run out and melee the mob you can just type /melee off. He should still auto fire though.

Also you have your DPS interval set to 2 seconds, so if you do start running out of mana, just kick that up to where it works. I think it's at 10 and sometimes 20 on my other mana hog casters.

Question - Setup of MQ2 and KissAssist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back