• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Bug with Mage attacking quest mobs (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,107¢
None of my other toons do this, but if my mage hails a quest mob, my pet tries to attack it. The MQ2 Window says, "[MQ2] ATTACKING -> Lark D'Tradis" If I pause the macro, the pet backs off. But if I try to unpause, he goes after the quest mob again - even if I've moved far far away. I have to end the mac and restart it to get him off of it. Anyone else having this problem?

Yeah, this happens to me as well with any character (it's just noticeable with the mage due to the pet). I just got into the habit of /mqp before and after quest interactions. Also, if you happen to accidentally forget to pause, you can target something with the MA and /switch.

The reason it happens is probably because you have your assist% set to 100 and your assist is targeting the NPC. Try changing it to 99 (I prefer to roll with 100 so I auto send my pet in on named).

Ah maybe that's why it's only on my mage. She's set to assist at 100, but my ranger is set to 98. I do that so that she will engage when the ranger pulls into camp.
I'll make a /switch key. Thanks!

Problem - Bug with Mage attacking quest mobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back