• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - hints for after 1-100 power level that wont cost you jack (1 Viewer)

weed_guy

RedCents
237¢
So you went and bought your power level 1 - 100 now your 100 , and broke(or just spend plenty on the game as is ) and your toon has jack squat for skills , basically sucks at casting and so on ,. here some helpful tools and info. That shouldn't break the bank (real cash).

CASTERS spell skills-
some of you macroquest and can use simple tools like skill cast so on for macro'n your skills up while ya sleep.
BUT for those who dont and or figure its not safe or just isnt up yet . Autofire 0.4 , keypress or similar simple one button push tools ROCK. They are simple tools that take a second to download all they do is push one button for you over and over and main thing is they are free .. making skilling up your casting while you sleep a breeze.Auto fire was used many many years by rangers to keypress their ranged attack for them so ill use it for the set up example. In game you will need to make a hot button on your social tab (ctrl o) for casting up to 5 of your spell types and place it (right click and hold) on hot bar, button like your "=" key
example 1 : /cast 1
/pause x
/cast 2
/pause x
/cast 3
now you set up your button push to a delay fitting your spell set X (x being enuff time for cast and reset of cast bar ) all added together plus about half a second
so if spell one takes 6 seconds to cast spell two takes 4seconds and spell three 9seconds you will want to make sure you repush delay is 19.5 seconds so it allows all spells to be cast before repushing.

EVERYONE defensive-
to gain defensive skill ups mobs must be green so grabbing a butt load of buffs and running around a greenie zone will work to get defense up which you may very well die as to you lack of other skills ..
OR
you can duel a mage , bst, sk (basically any class with a swarm of pets )
trick to this .
besure you group with the person your dueling and both have heal mercs to cross heal (in duels your merc dosent want to heal you but seems fine with healing your group mates .. ) Now your all buffed up to take a hit right cause naked you suck and mage pet swarm still hits for a bit but the base damage is reduced for pvp allowing dozens of little basterd pets to smack on ya dozens of times for jack squat damage but giving you fast defense skill ups .

EVERYONE melee skills -
now you can go to arena and beat the hell out of your heal merc & cross your fingers some pric doesn't come kill you while u sleeping
or..
two words "pet hold".
(duel is your friend when it comes to skilling up.) pet hold ,its a beat on it all night and it wont smack you back gift ! as before both have heal mercs to cross heal (in duels your merc dosent want to heal you but seems fine with healing your group mates and in this case your buddies pet .. ) he will want his up as well here because his pet can repo on ya unless he tosses it a pair of cups or no damage items for prime and secondary.

Rogues/ bards - pick lock (works 3/5/2016)
grab your self a set of lock picks and head to plane of tranquility
once inside there is a spinning book on a table( right close to where you zoned in from pok.) now instead of pressing pick lock skill button put the picks on your pointer and push the U button while the lock pick are hovering over the book ..no delay lock picking.. mash it about a 1 min untill lock pick capped. grats ya thieven basterd !

Rogues/ bards - disarm trap (works 3/5/2016)
grab your self a set of lock picks and head to naggys lair
once inside there is a swinging axe hanging from the ceiling just a few seconds run in. now your in front of it instead of pressing disarm trap skill button put the picks on your pointer and push the U button while the lock pick are hovering over the axe ..no delay disarm trap.. mash it about a 5 min untill lock pick capped. grats ya trap avoiding basterd !

Smithing EASY-
File and ore in forge doesnt get easier higher the ore higher the skill below are examples .
222-Cobalt Barbs:Cobalt Ore, file(reuseable)
255-Tantalum Barbs:Tantalum Ore,file(reuseable)

Tailoring easy-
pelt and hickory handled sheers higher pelt higher skill below are examples.
282-Befouled Hilt Wrap:hickory handled sheers(reusable) ,Befouled Animal Pelt
255-Exquisite Hilt Wrap:Exquisite Animal Pelt,hickory handled sheers(reusable)
184-Fine Hilt Wrap:Fine Animal Pelt,hickory handled sheers(reusable)

baking 191 buyable/reusable-
Patty melts : bear meat , cheese bread , non stick frying pan(reusable)

jewelcraft easy:
extruded underfoot diamonds (cheap off sold to vendor and usually off players too as when cut they still dont sell for jack),Round cut tool , jewlers glass :450 trival
Miragestone (cheap off sold to vendor and usually off players too as when cut they still dont sell for jack back to merchant),Round cut tool , jewlers glass :428 trival

brewing 151: skull ale
cyclops skull (reusable) spice , short beer , vinegar

Posions 275: Spirit of sloth (all bought freeport handy)
creeper ivy x2, ethereal suspension, sealed poison vial

Flecthing/fishing
146 -Fishbone Dart Tool:Scaler Mold,Coldain Velium Temper,Velium Bits
(used dart tool because if you fish its great to have and you need it for Grandmaster Fletcher's Knife anyway)
162- fishbone darts:Fish Bones, Fishbone dart tool (you can use whatever fishbones you have from fishing stuffs Thunder Salmon Bones, Vallorian Discus Bones)

Fletching (buyable)
135-Wood Furniture Leg: Sandpaper, Wooden Planks
148-Wood Furniture Base: Nails, Sandpaper, Wooden Planks
175-Hefty Wood Carved Bench:Bonding Agent,Cushions,Wood Furniture Base (2),Wood Furniture Leg (2)

Last edited:
Re: after 1-100 power level

The book in PoTranquility is easier to reach for skilling lock pick.

I use a G15 for these kinda macros btw

This is pretty common knowledge - you have anything that could take us by surprise? Long shot and it's bloody hard to find a new take these days but it does happen. Re-hashing the stuff above is not going to get you any access to level 2 at the moment so think harder ;)

Whats to stop a GM banning you still if you're automatically casting using autofire programmes. If he talks to you, you dont reply yet still casting. you're gonna get a ban

Great information and I will be using this tonight as soon as I get to the house. I didnt even know about the "U" command haha. **Total noob**

ISBoxer + G15 = awesome

With ISBoxer you can send commands to all your EQ clients at once (if you are boxing).

Just make a macro thats spams 'Target Nearest NPC' and let the rest assist and do their attack abilities.

Obviously this only works with ranged toons and not with melee.

If people are interested I could do a whole write up about my setup and stuff =)

ISBoxer + G15 = awesome

With ISBoxer you can send commands to all your EQ clients at once (if you are boxing).

Just make a macro thats spams 'Target Nearest NPC' and let the rest assist and do their attack abilities.

If people are interested I could do a whole write up about my setup and stuff =)

I would love to see that!

The book in PoTranquility is easier to reach for skilling lock pick.

I use a G15 for these kinda macros btw

Did you read the guide? it says use the pot book .. even tells you how to use U instead of skill button.. and g15 still costs what another 50 bucks ?

- - - Updated - - -

Great information and I will be using this tonight as soon as I get to the house. I didnt even know about the "U" command haha. **Total noob**

Your welcome with info moved aroud into tiers there is no real way to know whats posted at a given web site so rehashing old stuf is soemtimes very useful to newer or returning players .

This is pretty common knowledge - you have anything that could take us by surprise? Long shot and it's bloody hard to find a new take these days but it does happen. Re-hashing the stuff above is not going to get you any access to level 2 at the moment so think harder ;)

with sites that feed off lower level posters this is super hard to know whats posted and whats not.
yeah u post something great one day get promoted then next your demoted... you cant see whats posted in higher tiers .
unless you can read every single higher post in time frame your allotted and remember it all and hope you can fix one minor detail or whatever to make said higher tier post better ...
to get re-upped ..
I have posted plenty of small macros that turned out very useful and they end up moved to higher tiers on many sites .
seems they don't consider granting solid status to said tier for writing it . write a great t4 macro but in a week your back a t1 now you cant even mod your work ...
if its common knowledge it belongs in tier one posts and it its good enough to be moved you should be moved to the level your work , the writer should be moved to that level as well and left there or the work moved back with them . basically your reply is just really rude .

Last edited:
after 1-100 power level

Did you read the guide? it says use the pot book .. even tells you how to use U instead of skill button..

Did read it fast and I thought it said to go to Nagafen's Lair or something, but that was the disarm part, my bad, getting old /hide

Your welcome with info moved aroud into tiers there is no real way to know whats posted at a given web site so rehashing old stuf is soemtimes very useful to newer or returning players .

The TS stuff is outdated on EQTC for example and a lot of your TS hints are not in there.

I have maxed all TS except Fletching, need a nice hint for that =)

Last edited:

woodcrafting is a nice starter for fletching stuffs book cases, beds, tables and such , as you can buy it all been long time since did trade skills at all just tossing out info to help ppl out one recipe you could add more decorations which cost you more but was higher skill ill maybe go see if its still around tomorrow after work

I downloaded Autofire, but cant seem to get it running.
For example. I set 1 (key) to trigger 1 (key) repeatedly.

and nothing.

Does this still work? Im running vista

weebaaa to your question .
AUTOFIRE 0.4 yes it still works and with all windows formats try this:
ok "toggle" is the darkened dot , then using " ` " key(the button in front of your 1) as your input and "=" as your output. now you can make whatever hot key you want to say cast a spell then place it in your = hot key slot . load autofire go to eq press ` it should start using your = button for you. if your wanting to use it for lock pick replace = key with u key and it will spamm u button for you..
This is a nice tool for when mq is down you can range attack assist and pet attack so on make ok afk exp for aa or whatever and cheaper then macro keyboard or mouse by a infinite amount as its free. so lets not flame about how amazing your 150$ keyboard is or 50$ mouse..

- - - Updated - - -

ISBoxer + G15 = awesome

this would be great if everyone had extra 100-150$ for g15 and another what 100$ a year for isboxer?? on top of the eq membership :(

Last edited:
It's not rude, it's realistic. Quit pew pewing and defending your thread whilst pushing up your post count, take constructive criticism as intended and, if need be, ask for more cheese.

Ok not to poke fun at your name or anything, but it took you 5 months to reply to a thread? I laugh at the irony of it....

i was little tied up with legal matters maskoi it was a fair amount of product. and since you clearly dont know how it works Ill explain.
may prove entertaining to read if nothing else.
you commit a crime in say june/july of 2013 you dont go to trial the next day. That just doesnt happen .
You sit over night at least until your attorney gets bail set ,
you pay it or dont .
you dont pay you sit in county, till trial ....bad idea huge waste of time..
you pay it then your free to fuck off play eq get your ducks in a row for your serving sentence time . they might have you check in weekly until trial good idea to do this youll see why later .
now assuming you payed you have fuck off time until like oct 2013 when you get picked up for fuckin off again then you rinse repeat until have court .
court happens finally and of course they find your ass guilty you did it, its was all over news and papers .
now you have to check in piss in a cup do whatever they say
but even then you still dont go sit right away .
they say you have x number of days /months to get your shit ready for serving sentence. which if your attorney is worth a shit could have been around may 2014 you'd have to show up to serve sentence.
even then once you show up to serve sentence then you will sit in county(jail not prison) until they get off their ass and transport you to prison.
finally in actual prison you'll sit 4 weeks in orientation assuming you ass hasnt been there in past 2 years in which they teach you how to use a phone and classify you 1-10 more then 10 your in max no net for you bitches. score 5-6 you sit a few months before your moved to min shit hole where they make you get a job and work 40hr a week and are out free to use net 2's 3 and less you bitches get moved out right away and told to get a job in which yeah you guessed... it your pretty much free but have to check in with a babysitter.
if your amazing you score a negative 2 ..that means you had sit 5 weeks for "a bigger operation then hes ever seen"(<- yes that is what officer testified in court ) and they ask you to pay them to send you on your way because in end they dont know how to fix you other then to say get a job . pay 55$ a month for 4 yrs and send in a piece of paper to the dorc. no drug tests , no check ins ,no one monitoring of activities...
Yes thats how your system works ....your system is broken .
so yeah laugh.

Last edited:
Guide - hints for after 1-100 power level that wont cost you jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back