Thread: Kissassist Beginner's Guide

1. Top | #1
    RedCents

Kissassist Beginner's Guide

This guide assumes you already have MacroQuest2. If you need help getting MacroQuest2 set up, please read our MQ2 beginner's guide. If you need more detailed help with KISS, read Maskoi's KISS manual.

Beginner's Guide

What is KISSAssist?
    KISSAssist is a simple, powerful macro for Everquest written by Maskoi. It can play any character, any class. You can treat it as a full-fledged "everquest bot", or simply as a way to play a second (or seventh) account more efficiently.

How do I run it?
    Maskoi has written a full manual for KISS. If you'd like to see an example, here's a character I set up in a few minutes:

This is my character “Simplify” - a cleric - with his loyal mercenary “Ocetekgu” - a warrior. Simplify is level 1. I’m going to use KISSAssist to level him up.

Name:  kisssimplify.png
Views: 38522
Size:  420.8 KB

Since I’ve never used KISS with this character, I first target a player or merc and type “/mac kissassist” and wait 15 seconds or so, and then type “/endmac”. This created my character’s settings file.

Name:  kissendmac.png
Views: 38487
Size:  99.7 KB

I then go to my Macros folder, and right-click edit the “KissAssist_charactername.ini” file with notepad. (you can also edit the settings in-game by typing “/kissedit”)

Name:  kissfolder1.png
Views: 38484
Size:  36.9 KB

The default settings are pretty solid, so I’m only going to change a few things:

Under [General]:

• I set LootOn to “1”. This means I will loot the mobs I kill.

Name:  kisssettings1a.png
Views: 38467
Size:  1.9 KB

Under [Buffs]:

• I set BuffsOn to “1”. This means I will use buffs.
    • I set Buffs1 to “Courage”. That’s the name of my buff.

Name:  kisssettings1b.png
Views: 38443
Size:  2.8 KB

Under [Melee]:

• I set MeleeOn to “1”. This means I will melee during a fight.

Name:  kisssettings2.png
Views: 38436
Size:  4.2 KB

Under [Heals]:

• I set HealsOn to “1”. This means I will heal my groupmates.
    • I set Heals1 to “Minor Healing|60”. This means I will use the “Minor Healing” spell on myself or any groupmate below 60% health.

Name:  kisssettings3.png
Views: 38413
Size:  4.8 KB

That’s it. I’ll now walk my character and his comrade to the middle of the newbie zone and turn them loose, by targeting my mercenary “Ocetekgu” and typing:
    “/mac kissassist puller” (This designates Simplify as the puller, and since I had Ocetekgu targeted, she’s the Main Assist)

Name:  kisspuller.png
Views: 38424
Size:  81.7 KB

Within a few minutes Simplify is level 3, with a bag full of crappy loot. It's fun to watch and tweak the settings.

Name:  kisslvl3.png
Views: 38453
Size:  295.9 KB

For full explanations of each setting, check out the KISS manual.

Coming up next is the KISSassist intermediate guide, which will cover safety, in-depth looting, and running a group.
    Last edited by Redbot; 02-10-2016 at 12:29 PM.

2. 32 users hit "Thanks" on this epic post, earning Redbot 320 Redcents.

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

B1ackw1d0w (04-21-2015), Balamor (09-09-2015), Bounty11 (04-22-2015), darkmax (02-02-2016), Darogan (09-21-2014), erbill (08-07-2016), Fenworth (02-20-2014), gags (02-04-2014), gooseend (10-18-2014), g_kinz (11-06-2013), idolman (06-17-2015), jssruks (05-24-2016), kalvas07 (08-13-2016), killergnome (07-23-2016), macroquester (05-18-2015), Magoon (06-23-2016), malphual (07-23-2014), minniemmee24 (01-15-2016), Nap (10-31-2013), Nutterr187 (02-05-2015), Oakley (11-10-2013), pizza1 (04-20-2015), PurpleKitty (08-23-2015), redorange (02-16-2015), Rogue4424 (07-19-2014), ronnie (12-28-2015), SgtRonin (05-22-2014), Skobbles (11-22-2015), Throaks (12-25-2014), Vvrekflo (03-26-2016), Chanticleer (10-02-2014), Wassamassaw (11-30-2015)

3. Top | #2
    RedCents

Re: Kissassist Beginner's Guide

Intermediate Guide

I recently unearthed three level 70-something characters (druid, bard and rogue) from my early days of Everquest, and decided to bot them with KISS. There are much better 3 class combo’s one could use, but KISS is so flexible you could level a group of 6 clerics. I’ve decided to use the rogue as a puller, and will leave the tanking & healing to mercs. The bard will DPS and the druid will do a little backup healing & DPS. I didn't put much thought into these roles, thankfully they're easy to change in the future.

Name:  rogdruidbard.png
Views: 38121
Size:  91.0 KB

1) I log into all of these accounts on the same PC, which is nearly as old as these characters. I personally use WinEQ2 to handle the accounts (as detailed in the MacroQuest2 Beginner's Guide) though it's definitely not needed.

2) Since this is my first time using these characters with KISS, I type “/mac kissassist” on each character to create the settings files, and then “/endmac” on each one. I then go to my "mq2redguides\Macros" folder, and open each character’s “KissAssist_charactername.ini” file and begin editing. (you can also edit the settings in-game by typing “/kissedit”)

INI FILES

Like the KISS beginner’s guide, I'm only changing a few settings here and there. For brevity’s sake, I’m only going to list the settings I change – if it’s not listed here, it means I left it as default. First up is the rogue,

3) The Rogue

Name:  c_rogue.gif
Views: 38099
Size:  20.9 KB

Under “General” I change the role to puller since the rogue will be pulling. I also tell KISS to auto-accept rez which is a personal preference.
    Code: 
    [General]
    Role=Puller
    RezAcceptOn=1
    Next up are buffs. The rogue has a few item clickies, so I turned BuffsOn to “1” and then added the click items (this is a very old character, please don’t laugh). If I had any poisons, I could also add them here like Redguides user “stalk” did for his rogue.
    Code: 
    [Buffs]
    BuffsOn=1
    Buffs1=Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring
    Buffs2=Dark Phylactery
    The next thing I change is DPS. This setting just tells KISS which disc/AA I’d like to use. Below, I’ve decided to use a couple discs when the mob is at 95% health or less:
    Code: 
    [DPS]
    DPSOn=1
    DPS1=Deadly Precision Discipline|95
    DPS2=Kinesthetics Discipline|95
    Since my rogue is pulling, I’m going to mess with the pull settings a bit. I’m going to have him use a bow with some crap arrows I conjured, and will also increase his pull range since my zone is so large.

Code: 
    [Pull]
    PullWith=Elegant Defiant Bow|Hunter's Barbs
    MaxRadius=950
    MaxZRange=75
    These are the AFK settings I used – more on these later. You may think that “CampOnDeath” conflicts with my “RezAcceptOn” setting above, but this isn’t triggered until after the “respawn” timer goes out.

Code: 
    [AFKTools]
    AFKToolsOn=1
    AFKGMAction=3
    AFKPCRadius=800
    CampOnDeath=1
    Optional: This step is optional and outside of KISS, and involves configuring MQ2Melee. I wanted to stop certain abilities like “pick-pocket” from running. Since this ability (and a few others) are handled by MQ2Melee instead of KISS, I had to go to an entirely different .ini file (NOT THE KISS .ini file I was editing above) which is the “servername_charactername.ini” file in the MQ2 root folder (not the macros folder), where I was able to tweak the settings to my heart’s content. You can find a guide on each MQ2Melee setting here.

With my rogue happily configured, it was time for the druid.

4) The Druid

Name:  c_druid.gif
Views: 38077
Size:  44.0 KB

Because Druids need mana, I turn MedOn to 1 (KISS will autodetect endurance if the class is melee). I’ve also decided to make the druid my looter, so I turn on looting which I’ll talk about later. I also made the druid the designated "campfire dropper" for my fellowship by turning on “CampfireOn”.

Code: 
    [General]
    MedOn=1
    LootOn=1
    RezAcceptOn=1
    CampfireOn=1
    Under [buffs] I add spell buffs as well as clicky buffs from items. The druid will buff the entire group.

Under [DPS] I add DPS spells for the druid, and what percentage the mob should be at before casting them. I apply my dot when the mob is at 91% or less (but only do that once), and burn when the mob is 80% or less.

Code: 
    [DPS]
    DPSOn=1
    DPS1=Nature's Blazing Wrath|91|Once
    DPS2=Equinox Burn|80
    Under [Heals] I turn on “HealsOn” and add some spells for the druid, as well as the % health a groupmate should be under before casting. For example, Adrenaline Surge will be cast on anyone who is below 40% health. I’ve also turned on AutoRezOn, which will rez any corpse within 100 radius.

Code: 
    [Heals]
    HealsOn=1
    Heals1=Adrenaline Surge|40
    Heals2=Nature's Recovery|70
    AutoRezOn=1
    AutoRezWith=Incarnate Anew
    Because I’m an idiot, I’ve also included the druid pet.

Code: 
    [Pet]
    PetOn=1
    PetSpell=Nature Walker's Behest
    PetShrinkOn=1
    PetBuffsOn=1
    PetBuffs1=Savage Spirit
    Like the Rogue, I also turn on AFKTools. More on those later.

Code: 
    [AFKTools]
    AFKToolsOn=1
    AFKGMAction=3
    AFKPCRadius=800
    CampOnDeath=1
    Before I turn on KISS for my druid, I try to have most of the crucial healing/dps spells above memorized anywhere except gem slot #8, since that is the “miscellaneous” gem which KISS will use to memorize spells that I don’t currently have memmed.

5) The Bard

Name:  c_bard.gif
Views: 38082
Size:  16.9 KB

KISS runs bards beautifully, perhaps better than any macro to date.
    Under General, I decided to turn on “RezAcceptOn”. Also, I decided to allow my bard to play a song during downtime, so I turned on “TwistOn”, then told it to play the song in gem #9 (which is my mana song) with “TwistMed” and did the same thing for “TwistWhat”.

Code: 
    [General]
    RezAcceptOn=1
    TwistOn=1
    TwistMed=9
    TwistWhat=9
    Under Buffs, I turned on buffing as there were a few item clickies I wanted to use.

Oddly, the apostrophe in "Bloodfiend`s" is an actual apostrophe (shares a key with ~) and not a single quote. To us, ` and ' are the same, but to a computer they're vastly different. This comes up a lot in EQ, especially with mobs, so keep an eye on those apostrophes.

Code: 
    [Buffs]
    BuffsOn=1
    Buffs1=Bloodfiend`s Throat Gem    
    Buffs2=Dark Phylactery
    Buffs4=Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring
    Melee is the most important part of a bard’s .ini file, as this is where you define the combat twist. I set mine up to twist gems #2,3,4,5 and 9. I also turned on “MeleeOn” because bards should melee.

Code: 
    [Melee]
    MeleeOn=1
    MeleeTwistOn=1
    MeleeTwistWhat=2 3 4 5 9
    Like the others, I also turn on AFKTools. More on this section later.

Code: 
    [AFKTools]
    AFKToolsOn=1
    AFKGMAction=3
    AFKPCRadius=800
    CampOnDeath=1
    Optional: This step is optional and only for those crazy enough to care. Certain abilities can be handled by KISS as well as MQ2Melee, like Boastful Bellow (and I assume Selo's Kick but I don't have it yet) and I decided to turn them on in MQ2Melee. To do this I had to go to an entirely different .ini file (NOT THE KISS .ini file I was editing above) which is the “servername_charactername.ini” file in the MQ2 root folder (not the macros folder), where I was able to tweak the settings to my heart’s content. You can find a guide on each MQ2Melee setting for melee classes here.

All set! The group is ready to run.

6) Running KISSAssist

With KISS all set up, I take the three characters to a nice little spot in Wall of Slaughter. I summon the mercs and use the group leader to set the group-roles (I set the tank merc as “Tank”, and my rogue as “Puller”). I also make sure nobody is following each other by typing "/follow stop", since autofollow causes some weird problems if left on. Next, here’s what I type on each character:

Bard:
    (Targeting tank merc)
    Code: 
    /mac kissassist
    Rogue:
    (targeting tank merc)
    Code: 
    /mac kissassist puller
    Druid:
    (targeting tank merc)
    Code: 
    /mac kissassist
    Aaaand.. it... works! The three adventurers begin doing what they love: slaughtering mobs. I’ve sat and watched them go for 2 hours in one sitting, they're a killing machine. Literally.

Name:  pulling.png
Views: 38102
Size:  253.5 KB
    Pulling

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fight.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	538.7 KB 
ID:	5925
    Killing

That's it, enjoy running KISS with your group!

Post Script
    There are a few things I'd like to touch on before ending this guide.

Radius, Range and Distance
    When you see these in the settings they're confusing at first, but if you look at this picture for 40 seconds, it will all make sense.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kiss radius.jpg 
Views:	70317 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	5926

It’s two pictures of the same camp: The top-portion is an overhead view, and the bottom-portion is a side view.

Looting
    Name:  ninjadvloot_logo.png
Views: 38060
Size:  34.4 KB

It’s important to loot mobs for your group’s safety, as there’s no bigger sign of botting than an unholy mass of corpses. Also it’s a great way to become wealthy, provided you don’t fill up on garbage.
    Thankfully, KISSAssist has the most advanced loot macro “Ninjadvloot” built-in, which will keep everything organized when looting. Here’s how I use it:

I make two hotkeys. One with “/lootdestroy” and the other with “/lootsell”. After a few hours of botting, I go through the looter’s bags. With an item on my cursor, I decide if it’s worth selling or destroying, and click it on top of the appropriate hotkey (items marked as “destroy” will be destroyed next time you loot them). Generally I /lootdestroy anything worth less than 5 plat, especially if it can’t be stacked.

Destroy: Name:  destroy.png
Views: 38023
Size:  11.7 KB Sell: Name:  sell.png
Views: 38034
Size:  13.9 KB

When I head to a merchant, I just type “/mac sellstuff” and every item that’s ever been marked with “/lootsell” will be sold. It’s good to be rich.

AFK & Safety
    We don’t recommend using KISS while AFK, but realize that some people will do so despite the risks. KISSAssist comes with a very basic safety measure known as “AFKTools”, you’ll see it in your settings file. It will pause and beep if someone gets close, and once they leave, will begin again. Personally I don’t feel this is strong enough, and like to go a few steps further – which is why I wrote GTFO, which will evac my entire group should a stranger come near. If you are going to AFK and care about your characters I strongly recommend using GTFO or a custom-configured MQ2Posse.

Here’s the basic AFKTools settings I used on all characters above. I turn “AfkToolsOn” to on, for the GM action I have it set to “3” which is unload MQ2, and the player-alert radius I set to 800 which is pretty far - increase it if you're paranoid.
    Code: 
    [AFKTools]
    AFKToolsOn=1
    AFKGMAction=3
    AFKPCRadius=800
    CampOnDeath=1
    Don’t forget to type “/posse on” on each character before you go afk, and double check your “/posse status” as well, since AFKTools relies on MQ2Posse.

Resources:

Last edited by Redbot; 02-10-2016 at 12:28 PM.

4. 28 users hit "Thanks" on this epic post, earning Redbot 280 Redcents.

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Balamor (02-03-2016), blueadept (03-31-2014), creator (11-18-2016), Darogan (09-21-2014), Frimp (01-30-2016), fullbob (12-06-2013), gags (02-04-2014), idolman (06-17-2015), Jaquine (02-13-2015), kalvas07 (08-13-2016), kboz40 (08-07-2015), killergnome (07-23-2016), macroquester (03-20-2016), minniemmee24 (01-15-2016), mudpielen (06-06-2016), ninalia (03-05-2016), playj (06-04-2014), PurpleKitty (08-23-2015), redorange (02-16-2015), Rogue4424 (07-19-2014), Rolltide1 (04-23-2016), Sadrian (04-14-2014), Satrek (06-30-2016), SgtRonin (05-22-2014), Slade the Magician (07-07-2015), Throaks (12-25-2014), Wassamassaw (11-30-2015), zeroedout (04-10-2016)

5. Top | #3
    RedCents

Re: Kissassist Beginner's Guide

reserved for an expert KissAssist guide covering mq2nav / advpath, eqbc, and multi pulling. If anyone would like to volunteer to help on this, send me a pm.

In the meantime, check out other user's .ini files. They undoubtedly have one for your race/class already made, so you just need to tweak it for your items/spells:
    http://www.redguides.com/forums/foru...t?prefixid=ini
    Last edited by Redbot; 12-20-2015 at 04:01 AM.

6. 8 users hit "Thanks" on this epic post, earning Redbot 80 Redcents.

aricias (05-19-2015), Cmnjn (01-20-2014), Dracco (02-28-2016), idolman (06-17-2015), minniemmee24 (01-15-2016), ogrevampire (05-06-2015), Rogue4424 (07-19-2014), Throaks (12-27-2014)