• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Implemented Site/server changelog (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,102¢
Pronouns
He/Him
This thread includes changes to the website itself. Very old posts are likely out of date, so skip to the last page.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
  • Optimized page speed by turning on caching & compression (two weeks ago, just mentioning it now).
  • Installed ImageMagick, which now handles all uploaded avatars/screenshots/etc. Supports transparency and other good stuff.

• made search a bit faster, added "search titles only" to quicksearch, and made "advanced search" default to posts, since we don't use blogs or other crap.
  • added a new item to the Redcent shop, certain to annoy you soon:

xcolors.png.pagespeed.ic.NRsKWJKwAX.png

50 Redcents per year, change your username color as often as you'd like.

Next up we will be adding DOLLS you can buy and SPECIAL BAGS & funny hats!!!!

Last edited:
  • Added a twitter box to frontpage. Nothing annoying, just MQ2 and SOE devs. (if you know any other interesting EQ people who tweet once per week or less, let me know)
  • Back-end optimizations
  • fixed a few bugs with notifications that noobhaxor pointed out
  • fixed single-signon when signing up

Last edited:
  • Small security update. If there are any issues, it will be related to logins.

New post changes:

"What's New" includes all forums.

"New Posts" excludes bazaar forums.

Must be logged in for the bazaar exclusion to work.

Attachments

• whatsnew.png
    whatsnew.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 8,892
Minor changes
  • Removed "location" from showing below the avatar on each post, but you can still see someone's location on their user profile.
  • You can now add your server to your profile, and it will be shown below each post. Add your server here:

http://www.redguides.com/community/profile.php?do=editprofile

Big Change
  • Any post can now be turned into a "wiki post", allowing any Level2 user to edit it. If there's a post you'd like made into a wiki, ask a mod or admin to turn wiki-editing on. Here's an example of a wiki post:

http://www.redguides.com/community/...hat-Live-Progression-or-EMU-server-are-you-on

Minor change
  • The "Server" shown below your avatar in each post is now only visible to Level 2 members.

Added KissAssist forum

Picked apart old kiss .ini megathreads, made good posts into their own thread in the KissAssist forum

Macro Mania forum is being re-organized (work in progress) - hopefully it will be easier to find useful macros.

Since the files we all copy are getting longer, especially .ini's, I've added a "select all" button to the

Rich (BB code):
code

HTML:
html

and

PHP:
php

tags.

Last edited:
Added option to pay for level 2 with Krono.

Currently 100% of all Krono payments will be returned to the community. As soon as I receive one, I'll put it up for redcent auction in the contests forum.

• strikethrough added with the [s]example text[/s] tag. (does not parse in tapatalk, unfortunately)
  • Tapatalk updated, mobile users rejoice.
  • Removed "aname" and "jumpto" tags in tapatalk, making the help forum more readable.

Last edited:
  • Added option to buy a banner in the bazaar forum with redcents.
  • Added icons next to usernames. Plat = Level 2 user. Rune = Mod. Crown = Spam bot.

Revamped private message system. Level 2 members can now attach files, set auto-responders, among other perks. Check your usercp to enable /disable features.

Added a bunch of open graph tags to the site, which should make posts easier to share on social networks. Unless you're linking redguides on facebook/g+/twitter you shouldn't notice anything.

Active IRC users now listed below active forum users. Yes, I still use IRC.

Wrote 150+ EverQuest/MQ2 questions for the IRC trivia bot. Stop by and play!

Forum update today for security/stability. Let me know if you notice a feature missing or a bug.

• added [code=rich] tag to quick edit and quick reply
  • fixed upload errors
  • reduced "bump" time in bazaar forum from 7 days to 2 days.
  • added avatar "levels" - depending on your postcount and access, you can set different avatars. All art custom made by Gaston for Redguides. Example:

squire.jpg
    and
    PosterChild.jpg

To unlock the "squire" avatar above, you must be Level 1 and have at least 30 posts. More avatars unlock up to 1000 posts. See which ones you've earned here.

• Gave everyone a default avatar if they hadn't already set one. If you don't like it, change it.
  • added Private Messaging options, including vacation responders (auto reply), user blocking, warning messages for those trying to contact you, and more. Paid members only.
  • Added verification system for Bazaar.
  • Added "member" subscription for Bazaar.
  • Added a low-cost "lurker" subscription for Level 2, for those who mostly want the macro & strategy sections.

Last edited:
  • Subscriptions were not processed most of yesterday due to a faulty server update. I fixed it up and pushed the backlogged payments through our system, if anything isn't 100% perfect with your account let me know.

• added easy "ignore" option when you click on someone's username. (does not work on mods or admins)

- Removed the annoying images/attachments at the top of certain threads.
- Improved caching (hopefully)

- Added a little
plat.png
icon next to usernames of those who have an active paid (via redcents or $) membership to the community. (Level 2+, Bazaar verified, or Bazaar member)

728x90 Banners in the Bazaar forum have had their prices reduced by 2/3, and are now just $10/month (50 redcents).

Fixed the javascript errors at the top of profile pages with the help of Drognir. Thanks bud!

• Added some awful smilies
  • Added EQ Dev post tracker to the front page, under the twitter block.

Implemented Site/server changelog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back