• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

problems with mq2eqbc (1 Viewer)

Do you have the executable server running? would look just like a command window saying "Listening for connections on port 2112" or something to the similar. That has to be up on 1 computer before you can connect with the plugin inside the game.

From the Wiki:

EQBCS

EQBCS is a server that can be run as a console application on windows, or as either a foreground application or daemon on a Unix-like system (tested with Linux and FreeBSD).

Last edited:
ran the exe on my comp to set it up then it tells you to do this....

Download the Windows Resource Kit 2003
Run the executable to install the Resource Kit
Open up a command prompt and run the following to install a service stub (default install location used in this example):
You may substitute "EQBC Service" with whatever name you would like to give to the service for display purposes
"C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\instsrv.exe" "EQBC Service" "C:\Program Files\Windows Resource

this is where i am stuck using windows vista it goes into a programfiles (x86) file so i made it look like this...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\instsrv.exe" "EQBC Service" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource

but i am getting this error from it... Unable to find the file at the given path

help..

I think your getting way too far indepth here. I do not use the service. Scratch all that out for now and forget it exists.

Its as simple as just download EQBCS.EXE click to open.

Log into EQ load the plugin and /bccmd connect 192.168.1.whatever, your toon should connect. Once more than 1 toon in you can send commands back and forth to run/end macros or sit/stand/camp whatever without ever having to look at their screen.

I think your getting way too far indepth here. I do not use the service. Scratch all that out for now and forget it exists.

Its as simple as just download EQBCS.EXE click to open.

Log into EQ load the plugin and /bccmd connect 192.168.1.whatever, your toon should connect. Once more than 1 toon in you can send commands back and forth to run/end macros or sit/stand/camp whatever without ever having to look at their screen.

were do you download eqbcs.exe from??

the eqbcs.exe i thought is in the compile. if not you will have to compile it yourself from mq2 boards. or ask if someone here can compile it.

The exe is the "server" that you and other toons will connect to. pretty much making it so you can send commands to anyone connected to the server.

thankyou guys got that working but... next problem it sees the three toons logged on main computer where dain is.. it does not see the second comp witht he two other toons on it.. they say they are connected to the same place... any ideas?

I'm betting you brought up ther server on both comps. You need to connect to the IP of only 1 server.

i.e.If your server is on 192.168.1.100 you would type /bccmd connect 192.168.1.100 on both comps. If you are not using a router you may have to forward the port. If just a hub or a hub behind the router you will be fine.

4 posts up I have a working exe. Not sure what your trying to compile. That exe is a standalone client. Fire it up and then fire up the plugin in game and connect.

oh thanks for that assistance, i'm trying to setup a eqbcs server on one PC and on the other PC trying to connent to the new server. The message i get is the plugin loads fine but doesn't connect to the othe PC.
using Windows Vista 64bit OS
steps taken:
1- load eqbcs.exe- first time confim window that you want to allow this program to access your firewall -done
dos window pops up labled C:\Mq2\mq2eqbcs.exe pops up in the window-
EQBCS <EQ Box Chat Server> 1.2.i2
Waiting for connection on port: 2112
_<blinking cursor>
2-Load Mq2- done
3-Load EQ- done
4-Load Toon-done
5-Load Plugin mq2eqbc -in Redguides/notAddicter.com MQ window message
Plugin 'mq2eqbc' loaded -done
6-typed command /bccmd status - #MQ2Eqbc Status: OFFLINE
#Allow Control: ON, Auto Connect: OFF
#IRC Compat Mode: ON, Reconnected: ON
as far as i have gone.
any help is greatly appriciated thanks

ur not telling the the eqbc in game to connect to the server. /bccmd connect IP

so if the ip of the comp running the server is 192.168.0.2 it would be

/bccmd connect 192.168.0.2

if u dont know how to find the IP of the PC with the server let me know and I will tell you

I think the big problem people here are assuming he's using more than one computer. If you are using one computer to run EQBCS and more than one instance of EQ and you want them all to have EQBC working it's even easier than others here are suggesting because all you need to do is point it at your own machine...

Rich (BB code):
/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112

That said if you have a fancy pants router you can actually assign which MAC addresses get assigned which IP addresses so that your smoking fast computer (MAC 00:11:22:33:44:55) gets say (IP 192.168.0.69) all the time and your other one gets 192.168.0.111 :P or you can assign the IP addresses staticly within the same subnet.

oh thanks for that assistance, i'm trying to setup a eqbcs server on one PC and on the other PC trying to connect to the new server. The message i get is the plugin loads fine but doesn't connect to the othe PC.
using Windows Vista 64bit OS
steps taken:
1- load eqbcs.exe- first time confim window that you want to allow this program to access your firewall -done
dos window pops up labled C:\Mq2\mq2eqbcs.exe pops up in the window-
EQBCS <EQ Box Chat Server> 1.2.i2
Waiting for connection on port: 2112
_<blinking cursor>
2-Load Mq2- done
3-Load EQ- done
4-Load Toon-done
5-Load Plugin mq2eqbc -in Redguides/notAddicter.com MQ window message
Plugin 'mq2eqbc' loaded -done
6-typed command /bccmd status - #MQ2Eqbc Status: OFFLINE
#Allow Control: ON, Auto Connect: OFF
#IRC Compat Mode: ON, Reconnected: ON
as far as i have gone.
any help is greatly appriciated thanks

He is using more than one computer

- Toon1 and Toon2 on Machine1 (ip addr 192.168.1.1)
- Toon3 and eqbcs on Machine2 (ip addr 192.168.1.2)
(You can find ip address ipconfig in command prompt window in windows).

Start up eqbcs on Machine2 in a windows console window or double click it.
--- YourWindowsPrompt:> eqbcs

That should load it. If it fails, try a different port (ie. eqbcs 2121)
Then load up your eq clients on each of the machines.
Once logged into your toons, type:
/plugin MQ2Eqbc
/bccmd connect 192.168.1.2 2112

ok so i follow Maskoi instructions on post number #24.

and it linked the 2 PC with toons on each.

New Problem: Tried to get my friend into my server.

He loaded his Mq2 like normal. Then his plugin mq2eqbc it loaded fine.
Then had him type: /bccmd connect 192.168.1.2 2112 (example ip)
the message he got back was could not connect.

any thoughts?

Maskoi he is trying to connect from outside my network.

ok i got my ip address for the network i use guys now

do i just /bccmd connect <my ip address> 2112 <password> ?

I tried the obove command and said couldnt connect do i have to set up the router maybe?

Router settings.

Basically tells programs without NAT capability what IP to send the data to when a specific port is triggered.

You can have as many PC's sending to that port as you want from the outside but only 1 PC on the internal (home) network can receive from that specific port at a time.

/challenge accepted

Also have an exe I can upload that has never had to be recompiled.

I also will show how to set it up as a Windows service. Should have something ready for the morning.

problems with mq2eqbc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back