• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

RedQuest v1.2(NERFED) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RedQuest v1.1

The simple answer is that RedQuest is Redguide's compile that a few of us have decided to throw our heads together and work on. As for the actual account name RedQuest. I don't know who it is, but i can tell you that the compile that is put out is worked on by multiple people here and as such it is checked multiple times to make sure everything is right (yes, people here are human and do miss some things :P)

darkeros said:
Who is redquest?

Good question ... And the anwser is 42.

RedQuest is actually an account representing a secret society of compile elves. Yes I know, now you are going to ask, "Redguides has elves?" Yes we do, and it was a pain to meet the OSHA requirements for their workspaces and do not expect any compiling between December 24 - 26. It's in their contract that they get those days off.

The administrators and moderators have been bouncing around the idea for awhile now to have an official compile. Well the time has come and it has arrived. RedQuest is a representation of the RedGuides community. If you would like to assist in the ReQuest compile, us the "Contact Us" link and send a message to the admin's.

-Yammers-

Re: RedQuest v1.2

well i'm damn glad to see it, i like all the information added in the post like the TheZ used to do. also i was able to take a feedme plugin from an old compile and add it to this one and it works fine.

Since I just got a negative red cent from someone who couldn't see the source code where it's posted on the front page, I'll blow up the size to like 18 and turn the line red, so that you can see.

That is a shame someone would give you a negative cent especially with how nice you present all of the information and in such detail!! I'll send a red cent.

RedQuest said:
Since I just got a negative red cent from someone who couldn't see the source code where it's posted on the front page, I'll blow up the size to like 18 and turn the line red, so that you can see.

Red so you know it was not me who gave you the neg red cent. Here Ill even give you a positive one now.

Who's in the group? Who is actually running Redquest? Who has access to the pre-compile and to the redquest account?

I'm not asking for the super top secret locations to the nuclear missiles. I just think if you're going to release a program that could potentially have someone shouting to the zone that you're a hacker, or whatever you want, without them even knowing...you can at least tell who's developing it.

Alatyami said:
Good question ... And the anwser is 42.

RedQuest is actually an account representing a secret society of compile elves. Yes I know, now you are going to ask, "Redguides has elves?" Yes we do, and it was a pain to meet the OSHA requirements for their workspaces and do not expect any compiling between December 24 - 26. It's in their contract that they get those days off.

The administrators and moderators have been bouncing around the idea for awhile now to have an official compile. Well the time has come and it has arrived. RedQuest is a representation of the RedGuides community. If you would like to assist in the ReQuest compile, us the "Contact Us" link and send a message to the admin's.

-Yammers-

Question is MQ2Ghost a plugin that is private (bought) or is it just broken and not listed? Thanks for the compile and keep up the good work.

um this version and version 1.1 are broke u say that piggyzone works but doesnt...o i just looked back and we are advised NOT to use piggyzone, well i want to so u shouldnt make it to were i have to go back and fix it to get it to work....it should be there fixed and then we decide not to use it.... plz fix it or tell me how to cause this is fing anoying
o and if u dont know to run up to a zone like a book then /zone...ur a moron

Who's in the group? Who is actually running Redquest? Who has access to the pre-compile and to the redquest account?

I'm not asking for the super top secret locations to the nuclear missiles. I just think if you're going to release a program that could potentially have someone shouting to the zone that you're a hacker, or whatever you want, without them even knowing...you can at least tell who's developing it.

The quickest answer is that Redbot, Alatyami, Siddin, Odessa, and several others all trust what I'm posting. You have little guarantee from any other person just posting a random compile with a tiny post count, and yet it still gets used.

MQ2Ghost is one of the plugins you'll have to get elsewhere.

And as for piggyzone not working...can you define "not working"? Are you crashing when you enter a command? Which command? If you're trying to /zone from somewhere, where are you trying to zone from? Are you entering the command and not having anything happen?

umm i crash anytime i /zone (ex: charasis) i have tried it from bazaar i have tried it from pok...i even tried to /plugin mq2piggyzone then do it still same result is a crash

Might help a tad if you put the .ini in there, RedQuest ;)

Notes v1.2a:
--Posted a new version of Piggyzone, hopefully this will stop crashing
--Added MQ2Piggyzone.ini to the zip...sorry folks, didn't realize it wasn't in there!

*edit* While I was having some wierd lag while doing /findpath, I had no problem zoning from Mesa to Steppes in my test run.

umm i crash anytime i /zone (ex: charasis) i have tried it from bazaar i have tried it from pok...i even tried to /plugin mq2piggyzone then do it still same result is a crash

oooo sry posted this before i read new post, thanx a ton

Source code? No, I haven't updated it. Let me know if this works for you, then I'll update it.

dude im ubr nub, i dont even know wut source code is i just know about clicking that little easy redquest link at the bottom of your post, so if reclicking and downloading it doesnt change my piggy ini then i have no clue what to do XD

I don't understand why who you are is such a secret, so I'm staying away from your stuff. No one else has ever had a reason to keep their identity a secret, so there's no reason you should, unless you have something to hide.

darkeros said:
I don't understand why who you are is such a secret, so I'm staying away from your stuff. No one else has ever had a reason to keep their identity a secret, so there's no reason you should, unless you have something to hide.

Siddin, Yammer and Red himself vouch for this compile. That is far and away above my trust standards. Anyone of them alone (or you Dark) saying it is good would be good for me. I used TheZ's and Turks when they were unknowns and for that matter very few people here know the real life info on more than one or two RG'ers so what would it matter who they "said" they were.

Maybe I am just to trusting here but since I have been here I have never been banned or suspended. I would never tell someone I met in EQ that I use MQ but I would not have a problem meeting anyone from here with 100+ knowledgeable posts in EQ.

Thx to everyone who is helping with creating and maintaining this compile. If you need any help just let me know what I can do.

Just curious Dark who many people here do you know in RL?

I don't know if this will swing you at all, but I've been using compiles by the people responsible for this compile for more than a month.

IBD made a good point. You didn't know who I was before I started compiling. We ask merely that you give RQ the same chance.

Just an FYI, RedQuest, your MQ2FPS.dll didn't work properly for me. I unloaded and reloaded the program and nothing. The main function I noticed that didn't work was the /render command.

I pulled the DLL from another compile here and put it in the RedQuest folder, and reloaded MQ2FPS and it worked as intended.

Turkreno had a really cool hud thing with his compiles, one that would tell you the level, class, speed, and loc of your target. It also gave you even more info that displayed towards the top of your screen. Is that somethin that he specifically worked into his compile, or is it a generic plugin and if so, which plugin and what are the commands?

I was wondering the same thing bama... my ui gives me the top info. But having the info that was at the bottom was priceless.

The HUD info was part of an INI file...if you copy MQ2HUD.ini from your old MQ2 folder, it will still work.

If you need other HUD stuff, try looking in the Huds thread. It's got some good stuff in it.

for MQ2melee i can't seem to get it to spam call of challenge anymore whether it's turned on or not, any help there would be greatly appreciated

I thought that only admin's could sticky things. I could be totally wrong, but I figure since this is stickied, it's pretty safe.

[MQ2Melee]
aggro=1
bash=1
challenge=1
commanding=20
disarm=0
enrage=1
facing=1
infuriate=1
kick=1
melee=1
petmend=20
petrange=75
plugin=1
pothealover=0
provokeend=20
provokemax=1
resume=20
slam=1
stickrange=75
taunt=1
version=4.019

that's my melee ini

Thanks guys for the most solid compile we have had in a long time.
Red cent from me.

Great compile thanks. One thing I could not find was the MQ2DPS, am I blind or is it not there?

Thanks for the info, theZ. You were right about the HUDS thread. The hud info from those just kicks butt.

by active hack u mean dont use it ? i was wanting to use speed hack but if it will get me in trouble and is easily noticable i dont wanna use it

1. It SAYS it's the "official" pre-compile of RedGuides. I 'd think that Red would kill it pretty damn quick if that were untrue.

2. It's a good solid compile

--DUH--

Besides, I don't know ANY of you guys. It's not like I can have a beer with TurkReno or TheZ or Siddin or whoever.

Double-besides --- I believe in all conspiracy theories, so have mystery man posting under and assumed name is perfect for me. ;)

PS>> Thanks for the compile again.

by active hack u mean dont use it ? i was wanting to use speed hack but if it will get me in trouble and is easily noticable i dont wanna use it

If you can put "hack" at the end of a description for a plugin...ie, warp hack, zone hack, memory hack, speed hack, etc...it's probably an active hack. An active hack won't necessarily get you in trouble, but they're easy to notice and, at least in my book, not worth the risk vs. reward at this point.

RedQuest v1.2(NERFED)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back