• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

A Noobs Guide To Grouping (1 Viewer)

.b00n.

RedCents
10¢
Shortly after spamming "lvl 70 Conjuror LFG" in the global channels, I recieved an invite to a group in the Bonemire. I sent a tell to the inviter(?) and I asked what are you guys up to, he replied, "HOF". I accepted, and I joined the group from hell. I kid you not, 1 70 guardian, 4 70 Conjurors, and 1 65 Templar.

I quickly told the group, I gotta go, sorry! and logged on my 70 ranger.

(btw, I hope you enjoyed my intro)

This has led me to create... (dramatic theme music)

A Noobs Guide To Grouping

ok, that wasnt big enough.

better.

Anyways, with all that being said, this guide is to help all you EQ2ers form the perfect group.

First off, you need a tank. Biggest mistake people make is do a /who all fighters LFG, and invite the first brawler who wants to join. NO. Only on rare occassions, such as three man grouping with a plate healer in POA for the loot :), should you have a non plate tank. Warriors and Crusaders have higher mitigation and can take a hit better. Also, your tank should never be less than 1 or 2 levels below the highest mob. Dont hesitate to ask what kind of gear your tank is wearing. Make sure he is well equipped.

Ok, now the DPS(damage per second) . Usually, especially when going into instances and such, you want some sort of scout class in your grp. I usually bring a rouge or predator type scout for major dps. Scouts can also track nameds that arent always up, and disarm traps. After you find a good scout or two, find a mage. Each mage class has its benefits. Summoners offer extra DPS with their pets, but arent much damage themselves. Conjurors can also pass out shards for power, and necromancers can give hearts for health. Sorcerors are big hitters, the ballers of EQ2. Wizards are more for 1 mob groups, because warlocks do more group damage. Also, brawlers are a fighter class, but do really good damage. The rely on fast attacks, your looking for a bruiser or monk.

Also, you should have one or two buff classes, it really depends on how many healers you want. Enchanters are the mage buff class. They offer a in combat power regen, as well as mental debuffs. Also, with their pets, they do hella DPS. Illusionists and Coercers also have a mez, which immobilizes an enemy. Bards are the scout buff class. They offer speed increases, as well as increased dps, which leads to faster attacks. Troubadors and Dirges are also very handy for increased mitigation for the tank.

Finally, you want one or two healers. Nothing special with healers, although i could be wrong, never had a chance to play one. Templars and Inquisitors are my favorite. You can use a templars lotto heals, and an Inquisitors limited dps buff to heal your grp, without your tank getting in the yellow. Also, druids, such as furies and wardens, give increased stats, such as intelligence.

Good luck with your groups. Sorry if it kinda short and to the point at the end, im in my java class, and class is almost over. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back